“Such a Disappointment”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Such a Disappointment”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have been looking forward to my 7 night stay at the Aria for months and am now soooo disappointed that I would not return.

I was lucky enough that after playing MyVegas (Facebook game) for nearly a year that I had enough points between myself and my husband to get us 6 nights at the Aria for free (we had been lucky with the dates being available ) so I added on 1 night so we could stay there from the 23rd to the 30th of December. After looking at it online it seemed like an amazing hotel and we couldn't wait to checkin. The girl at reception was very helpful and linked all of our reservations together so we could keep the same room and that our keys would not need changed during our stay. When we got to our room we were impressed with most things (although the high tech touchpad not being wireless seems pretty pointless to me) and settled into to enjoy our stay.

At 11.30pm we we're awaken by the bass from the Cosmo marquee club across the road which lasted until around 3am - after travelling for 18 hours to get there it was not appreciated! We were on the 31st floor so I had assumed that this would not have been as issue but it was. Our entire floor also smelled very strongly of Chinese food which it turned out was being pumped from the restaurant on the ground floor through the vents to our floor, we noticed it our first night and didn't think anything of it but the next morning it was still there and was starting to make us feel quite sick. I went to reception and asked if it was possible to move to a quieter room, mentioned the smell, but it was mostly the noise that was the issue (obvs not the Arias fault but you would think a 5 star new hotel would have better soundproofing). The girl said they get complaints all the time about the noise and played about for 25 mins to find us another room, this time overlooking the pools. I thanked her profusely and went to re-pack.

On arrival in the new room we opened the door to be greeted with the distinct smell of ingrained smoke, having booked a nonsmoking room and re-confirmed this 10 minutes before with the receptionist this was a bit disappointing. So back down again to reception, where I conveyed my disappointment to the receptionist. No apology, no nothing, just an 'I'll find you another room'. She again played about for 10 minutes and sighed at me and said I've got you another room but it's a lower floor, like I was a nuisance. I asked if it was another standard room and when told yes I asked to speak with her manager, all very politely. He came over and I discussed the issues with him and to be fair he was apologetic and said that the non-smoking room we had been given 23rd floor overlooking the pools) had recently been changed from a smoking floor, clearly more needs to be done there! He apologised again and said he was giving us an upgrade to a junior suite (which does not appear on their website but turns out to be a corner suite but without the wall and second WC in it). I thanked him and told him how much I appreciated the help and then went to go to my 3rd room in an hour.

This room was lovely, if a strange set up and much larger with a separate seating area and much bigger bathroom. Unfortunately there were a couple of issues with it as well; the fridge was broken and the shower head was hanging off. We reported both and went out for a couple of hours. On our return the shower had been fixed, which was quite quick but the fridge was still broken. We left it until the next day and with no sign of anything happening called again to report it. The next day, still nothing, so we reported it again and mentioned that this was the 3rd time and after an hour someone appeared at the door with another fridge. Didn't offer to plug it in or anything, just brought it in and put it beside the old one and walked away.

All if the issues taken individually would not be much to complain about but all together left me with the feeling that customers are very unimportant to them. It's such a shame as other staff we met were great, the bellboy was so helpful and the valet were always super quick and always very helpful, the casino is lovely, the pools beautiful. And given that they ended up not charging us a resort fee for the 6 MyVegas nights means that my 7 night stay only cost $170 all in which is amazing. But even then I wouldn't go back.

We sent an email to customer services detailing these issues on the 25th of December...and have received no response, which pretty much sums up how Aria deals with customer service

Room Tip: Ask for a high up room away from the noise of the Cosmopolitan
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tweetiepie99
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for choosing ARIA as your resort destination. Please accept my sincere apologies as your stay was not entirely satisfactory. It is concerning to me that we did not meet your expectations and I would like to take this opportunity to research your visit.

As your reservation is not linked to Trip Advisor, my Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to obtain additional information. I look forward to reviewing your comments and rectifying this matter in a timely manner.

Warmest regards,

Director of Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,328)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We love this hotel. It has everything! We were upgraded for our honeymoon to a corner suite on one of the top floors. Fabulous location, beautiful rooms, friendly/helpful staff. Only complaint is the mattress was way to soft.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Carly,

Thank you for choosing ARIA and for your amazing review. I truly appreciate your recognition of our beautiful corner suites and the paramount service our staff. Additionally, please know your comments on our mattresses are well noted. I am glad you had a memorable stay and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Riverside, California
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Wonderful hotel. Well appointed, clean rooms. Great selection of restaurants with good quality at all that we ate at. Location and access were a big plus as well. We would definitely return to Aria for our next Vegas trip!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff D
Dear Jeff,

Thank you for your remarkable review. It pleases me to read you were able to take advantage of our many resort offerings and that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. At ARIA, our goal is to create the single most significant resort experience in the world and I am delighted to know we have exceeded your expectations. Thank you again and I look forward to your return.

Best regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 13 January 2014

So I was deciding between the Aria and the Cosmopolitan. The Aria was about the same price but had a $100 food/drink credit, so I went with them.

Room was incredible! More like a suite with Two toilets, huge shower etc. Remote control curtains etc. Amazing value! Not quite as nice as the suite at Ceasar's Palace, but considering the Aria was only $250 vs $800 for Ceasars Palace suite was perfect.

The only negative is it is a little hard to get to.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tntxfour
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you so much for your review and for choosing ARIA. I am thrilled to know you had a fantastic stay and that you particularly liked our innovative guestrooms. Your feedback is much appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back to ARIA on a future stay.

Shannon McCallum Crawford
Executive Director of Hotel Operations
North Wales
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed here beginning of November. Had a lovely room. Had no reason to speak to the management but when We got home realised I had left some documents behind. The hotel was e-mailed twice & we even stated that we would pay for them to be posted. The matter was directed to their lost & found department, nothing heard from them from either e-mail.!!! We took it that the lost & found department was well and truly lost!!!! This was a shame, it soured our stay there but is still a nice hotel. We ate out & would recommend the Onions restaurant in Hooters, the steak was beautifully cooked and was cheap.
Saw the Jersey Boys show, well worth it.
Overall had a lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your guestroom and your stay; however, it also concerns me that you did not have a satisfactory experience with our Lost & Found department. At ARIA, we aim for excellence and it is very concerning to me that we fell short in this instance. I will review your feedback accordingly with our Lost & Found to ensure these irregularities do not reoccur. Thank you again and I look forward to your return.

Best regards,

meath
Reviewed 13 January 2014

we stayed here for a couple of nights during our honeymoon , we stayed in a corner suite was amazing and almost to nice a room to leave!! nice central location on the exploring the strip , buffet was nice with a great selection on offer.. our only bad experience was the incredibly long queue for check-in out, the in room express check out wasn't available on the morning we checked out, we queued for over half an hour which left us really tight for time to catch our flight. when we arrived outside and explained to the valet that we were very late for our flight due to the hold up inside ,he merely dismissed us and insisted that we join the long queue on the far side of the courtyard !! very disappointing end to a wonderful stay...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing ARIA for your honeymoon. I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay and that you enjoyed your beautiful corner suite, in addition to our delicious buffet.

I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during check-out and upon departure. I take all guest comments seriously and will absolutely be sure to share your review with our team. Your feedback is much appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

Warmest regards,

Shannon McCallum Crawford
Executive Director of Hotel Operations
Brodhead, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Fantastic resort. This is the new modern laid back Vegas. Very laid back, high end, top notch, luxurious everything. Not a "fun" atmosphere but a luxury atmosphere. Mirage and New York, New York, are two resorts I've stayed multiple times that are loud and busy in a fun way and have energy and excitement. This is away from that and caters to a quiet crowd. Very dark inside and not much going on except gambling. Food choices are not that great. In all it was a very clean modern room on the small side but had nice modern features. Take your pick, new Vegas or old Vegas, they are two different animals.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. Your in Vegas, get out of your room and enjoy the city.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to know you were able to experience ARIA for what we are known for – modern luxury. I am also pleased you enjoyed your guestroom and I truly appreciate your feedback on our restaurant options and casino. We work hard to maintain the highest standards and your input is very valuable. Thank you again and I look forward to your return.