“Great Stay, huge improvement over previous stay”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #14 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Northville, Michigan
“Great Stay, huge improvement over previous stay”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Aria in September of 2013, right after Labor Day. Overall we were very happy with our stay. Check in was very fast, and we got our room right away, however we didn't check in until after 6:00 p.m. so i expected that it would be ready. We had reserved a corner suite with a city view. We were assigned a room on the 25 floor and were pleasantly surprised that we actually got a panoramic corner suite with the bed facing the strip. It was a very impressive room, it was spotless, which I am always very picky about. We went to lock up our things in the safe and realized that it was still locked from the previous guest. Security and maintenance were up within 5 minutes to unlock it and we were on our way. Housekeeping continued to do a great job through our stay. The one downside to this room was that we got the morning sun and our room was hot, we kept the air at about 63 which kept the rest of the room frigid, but the bedroom was on the warm side of comfortable. I would still stay in this room again without hesitation

Service was great throughout the hotel and casino. The only issue I was disappointed in was that we had a $50 a day room credit which we were told at check in could be used on anything. After a day we realized that retail was excluded and some of the drinks we bought in the gift shop were not taken care of. I looked back at our offer and there was no mention of retail exclusions (their offers now indicate this). I was able to get the issue resolved with a couple of phone calls. This was not enough to sour me on the experience.

Overall this stay was leaps and bound above our previous stay at Aria, and we will certainly stay here again.

Sadly we did not do well gambling here, but we never have.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer H
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you so much for returning to ARIA. It pleases me that you had a fantastic time at our resort and were impressed with your corner suite and the amazing views of the Las Vegas Strip. Additionally, thank you for recognizing the unsurpassed service of our Award-Winning Five Diamond staff, including Housekeeping, Security, and Facilities.

I would also like to apologize for the circumstances you encountered with your guestroom safe and promotion credit. I am delighted to know that these situations were remedied in a timely manner and did not take away from your stay. Thank you for your continued loyalty and I look forward to continuing to exceed your expectations on your next stay.

Director of Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,355)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 January 2014

New- the most evolved casino resort on the strip; Noteworthy- the selection of restaurants and adjacent shopping, super comfortable state of the art guest rooms; Nuanced- limited table games at varying minimums, crowded casino floor

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank GAJALAX
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am happy to read you had a seamless stay and particularly loved our luxurious guestrooms and restaurant selection. Also, please know that your comments on our casino are well noted. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Overall, this was our favorite hotel in Vegas comparing across trips. The rooms were second only to theHotel but all the other factors related to amenities and location put it over the top. We thought it was better than Caesar's/Bellagio across the board. The service was great throughout our stay and we really enjoyed our time in the casino and spa.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
I am thrilled to know that ARIA is your new favorite hotel in Las Vegas. We aim for excellence and it is a pleasure knowing you appreciated our resort amenities and the paramount service of our staff. Thank you for your positive sentiments. I look forward to your return.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in January. The rooms are very nice, as previous reviewers have stated. However, the food choices in the restaurant are very expensive, even for Las Vegas standards. On our last day, we discovered the Monte Carlo sister property and ate at the Cafe which was wonderful. And they had $1/$2 limit poker - I was happy! Plus that property has a real food court with Subway and Mcdonalds. Our room did not receive housekeeping on our second night. I did notify housekeeping around 4pm and she wrote down our room number but when we got back around 9pm, no clean room. The bell boy service was very good and it was easy to have them store our luggage on the last day. Lastly, we were able to avoid the $130 per night deposit by electing to do a $200 flat deposit but they take away the ability to do room charges. Overall, it was okay for the price but I won't stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SHANNON H
Thank you for your review and for your candid feedback. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your modern guestroom and the unsurpassed service of our bell staff.

Additionally, I do apologize for the inconsistent service you received from Housekeeping and please know that your comments on our restaurants are well noted. I take all guest feedback seriously and will absolutely share your review with our team. Thank you again and I hope to welcome you back on a future stay.

Best regards,

Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I just came back from the Aria and boy did I enjoy the trip! I stayed from Monday to late Friday night and I had a wonderful time. Everybody at the hotel was very friendly and genuinely interested in helping you. Check in was very easy and as it was my first time in Vegas, I was given the 52nd floor. I had an absolutely beautiful view and I was far enough from the elevators that I wasn't bothered by them at all. The room was gorgeous and the tablet in the room was extremely cool. It wasn't that difficult to use and is definitely the most technologically advanced hotel I've ever stayed at.
The hotel is in the center of everything on the strip and it's very easy to get to everything else. Crystals was a beautiful shopping center with all of the nicest stores and it was nice to have it on site. Joan who worked at the Pandora store in the Aria gift shop was also super nice and very knowledgeable. The restaurants at the Aria were also excellent and everything is easy enough to find.
Checkout was also very easy and everyone at the bell desk to store your luggage was extremely nice.
Las Vegas has a pretty big homeless population but I don't know if it was just a coincidence or not but they were not on the Aria's property. The Aria also kept all the people off the property who were trying to sell you things. It was good because I don't mind giving money or food at all but it was nice to not constantly be asked for money or harassed by sales people by our hotel.
All in all it was an excellent trip and I would definitely recommend it to others and I would definitely come back my next time in Vegas.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James21390
Dear James,

Thank you so much for posting your positive review and for recognizing the outstanding service provided to you by Joan at Elements, our ARIA branded gift shop. It pleases me that everything was as expected and that you enjoyed the stellar views from your guestroom and the store selection of The Shops at Crystals. I look forward to exceeding your expectations again on your next stay.

Chicago
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I booked 3 nights during the week here on Hotwire. When I checked in, I requested a high floor room, they said the highest room they had available was on the 9th floor (Really?! At a 61 floor hotel in the middle of the week?). I got up to the room and it is nothing like you will see in any Aria ads. There was a tiny window, along with giant stains and dirt all over the comforter (see photos). I called down and they moved me to a room on the 14th floor (hmmm.. a room must have become available in the last 5-10 minutes on a higher floor). This room was even worse than the last one. There was what appeared to be dried blood in front of the toilet, the vent had not been cleaned in months, as did the space beneath the headboard. There was what appeared to be a small urine stain on the sheets, right by the pillow as well and what looked like to be dried bodily fluid on the wall along with a giant scratch. At this point, I was really stating to wonder why I had paid a 5 star price for this hotel. I went down to the front desk and spoke with a manager. She didn't seem to bothered, but put me in a room in another tower. Finally, at least a clean room. The rest of the stay was just average, but my first impression of this place left a lot to be desired. No 5 star hotel should be renting out rooms like the first 2 they gave me. I had friends staying at the same hotel and their room was on the 22nd floor and very nice. My thought is that they deliberately gave me inferior rooms because I did not book directly with them. They need to focus first an foremost on renting out clean rooms. I will be traveling to Vegas 3 times this year alone, and I have no future plans to stay at the Aria (or probably any other MGM property) based on this experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
11 Thank Chicagoman88
Thank you for choosing ARIA. I sincerely apologize that we did not fully meet your expectations. It concerns me to know you did not receive the Award-Winning Five Diamond service that we are known for.

I would like to take this opportunity to learn more about your experience and ensure this does not reoccur. Our Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to obtain additional information. I look forward to reviewing your comments and rectifying this matter in a timely manner.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. It's a very trendy hotel and it's very well located. I was in town for business and din't have much time to enjoy all the amenities but I would definitely stay here again. Room was very comfortable and well cleaned every day. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ricky R
Dear Ricky,

It is a pleasure knowing you had a magnificent stay and enjoyed your modern guestroom. It is always exciting to read positive feedback from our guests’ as it lets me know we are holding true to our philosophy of providing extraordinary guest experiences. Thank you for your kind words and I look forward to your return.