“Excellent stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sacramento, California
“Excellent stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

The aria is a great hotel with an awesome pool, casino, and plenty of restaurants.
Pros:
-casino is very clean, not smokey. It's an upscale hotel so the table minimums are higher than some of the other hotels, especially late at night.
-location is amazing, in city center with crystals right next door
-the room was very clean, and big. We stayed in a 2 queen room. There is plenty of space to hang clothes and the bathroom is big.
-beds are super comfortable
-basically the whole room is controlled by a tablet. Set alarms, work the tv, and the automatic curtains. Its great that you can set the curtains to open at a certain time in the morning to wake you up instead of an annoying alarm.

Cons:
-the windows were extremely dirty. I tried to take pictures of our view but the pictures wouldn't turn out because it was a so dirty. I did see that windows were being cleaned though, so maybe they're just at the point of being cleaned.
-the mini fridge was off the hinge so everything in the fridge was warm

Thing that aren't cons but would be good additions:
-it would be nice if there was somewhere to eat breakfast at the pool. The drink girls had a small menu for food but it would have been nice to have a little cafe or restaurant to eat. Especially since the pool is so nice, would be a good place to eat.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank e e
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I am pleased you were impressed with so many facets of your stay, including the ventilation in our casino, your spacious guestroom, and our custom-designed Sealy® mattresses.

In addition to the positive aspects, it does concern me that you had some negative aspects as well. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with your guestroom mini-bar and the cleanliness of your guestroom windows. As reflected in your post, we do have a routine cleaning schedule in place. I also appreciate your suggestion for our pool area. I value all guest feedback, as it helps us to improve our services.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

Executive Director of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,239)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights including a weekend. The casino was really crowded in the evenings. It is beautifully decorated. Great atmosphere.

The room itself was nice.. but it was really dark. The walls are covered in some kind of dark wood like panel wallpaper. The lights didn't get very bright either. The bed was very comfortable. Squishy but it bounced back to its original shape very quickly.

We only ate at one restaurant there, five50 and the pizza was delicious.

It was a fairly long walk to get to another casino on the strip, and took at least 5 minutes from the casino lobby to get to the strip. Loved the hotel and casino, but if you plan to be on the strip and visiting other hotels, it may not be the best location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank COtraveler03
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for choosing ARIA as your resort destination. It is great to know you were pleased with the atmosphere of our resort and that you particularly enjoyed Five50, our gourmet pizza restaurant by James Beard Award-Winning Chef Shawn McClain.

I would also like to thank you for your feedback on the décor of our guestrooms. Please know that your input is very much appreciated. Thank you again and I look forward to your return.

Kind regards,

Kent, Ohio USA.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed at the Aria for a Trade Show happening at the hotel. The rooms are extremely well laid out and had some nice touches, such as electronic sheer and dark curtains.
Their front desk for check in and check out was slow. I would recommend the fast check out option without waiting, if your bill is correct. I had a question on my bill, so had to wait in the line for about 20 minutes to check out.
Overall though, it was a good stay, and the decorations in the lobby for Chinese New Year were very attractive.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am thrilled you were impressed with our festive Chinese New Year decorations, spacious guestroom layouts, and the innovative Control 4 technology. Comfort and convenience were definitely in mind when designing our guestrooms and I am delighted to know you were able to experience the modern luxury we are known for.

Additionally, I appreciate your patience during check-in and check-out. I am glad that this did not take away from your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Bay Point, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Got a good deal via email which included 2 free buffets (per stay) and a view upgrade. Stayed on the 19th floor. I love that my name was on the screen. Made me feel like VIP. Didn't win one red cent in their casino though.

PROS:
-Turndown service was included and incredible. I LOVE the slippers, too!
-Housekeeping is timely, professional, does a great job and have great attitudes.
-Bed was ultra comfy.
-Buffet had good selections and cold & HOT seafood.
-Stylish and modern.
-Security at each elevator bank entrance to check for room keys.
-The technology features in the rooms are unsurpassed.
-Pretty good location.
-Promp return of incidentals via my debit card.
-Speedy check in (I purchased the early 9am option).
-Excellent mini-bar selections.

CONS:
-Rooms are kinda small
-No ventillation in the bathrooms or the toilet room
-$130/night via card or $200/night cash for incidentals. Ridiculous!
-Hate the $28 resort fee. Only used 1 of it's services once.
-Mini-bar is super sensitive to touch and quite pricey.
-'View' upgrade was crappy. Totally obstructed.
-MLife desk person was rude and unengaging. Didn't smile once.
-Set a ways back from the street.
-No coffee maker.

All in all, I'd stay here again. It has a luxurious feel to it.

Room Tip: The higher up of course, the better the view. Don't worry about spending extra on a 'view...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KaijaG
Thank you so much for your detailed review. I am pleased you enjoyed so many aspects of your visit, including the personal touch of having your name displayed on the Control 4 panel in your guestroom, the unsurpassed service provided to you by so many of our employees, and the variety of our buffet.

It also concerns me to read that you had a negative experience at our M life desk and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Additionally, please know that your feedback on our room accommodations and hotel policies is well noted.

Thank you again for your valuable input and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Amazing place, amazing service....love it....we are going back for sure. Our rooms was on the 54th Floor, what a view.
Well situated. Aria's buffet was very very good. The room are very nice. The staff was very cool.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anik R
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Anik,

Thank you for posting your review and for letting others know you had an exceptional stay. At ARIA, our goal is to create the single most significant resort experience in the world and I am delighted to know we have exceeded your expectations. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have stayed at Aria 2 times now, and on both occasions have been double charged, and over charged for things. I did not receive the room type I requested, the room I did get was not what I would call 5 stars as advertised. When I enquired about the room, the guest services rep said the hotel is 4 stars, the sky loft suites are the only suites that are 5 stars. My room was dark, and small and not as advertised.And I do not appreciate being double charged, and then I have to call my bank to fix their mistake.

Room Tip: Choose one in another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Mike X
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Mike,

Thank you for choosing ARIA as your resort destination. I know that you had a plethora of hotels to choose from and had anticipated an extraordinary stay. I apologize that your experience was not entirely satisfactory and I would like to learn more about your visit.

As your reservation is not linked to Trip Advisor, our Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to obtain additional information. I look forward to reviewing your comments.

Warmest regards,

Smyrna, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at ARIA and I highly recommend it. The rooms are clean, spacious, quiet and ARIA has multiple great restaurant locations to choose from, There are also plenty of great choices for gaming and shopping. The location is convenient and within distance of plenty attractions.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is always exciting to read positive feedback from our guests’ as it lets me know we are holding true to our philosophy of providing extraordinary guest experiences. I am pleased you enjoyed so many of our resort offerings, including your luxurious guestroom and our delectable restaurants. Thank you for your continued patronage and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

Best regards,