“Mom's 50th Was a Success”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #18 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The Aria is a great hotel for all ages! The facilities are beautiful, there were many delicious food options, and the pool was relaxing and it was nice that the Liquid pool is completely separate than the relaxing pool!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience and for letting others know that the special birthday celebration at ARIA for your Mom was a success. I am elated that you enjoyed your time at our luxurious pool, and that our dining options brought you much satisfaction. Your valuable feedback is highly appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Kind regards,

Director of Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (25,001)

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Every employee was very helpful and all services were very prompt. Casino floor is very big and pool parties were great. One bad experience though was HAZE nightclub in ARIA needs way more security 2 separate incidents with no security in sight. Really felt bad for bartenders waiving their flashlights getting no help, me and my girlfriend left after 20 mins didn't feel safe.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Joel,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you received a high level of service from our staff, and that you were able to partake in our lively casino and pool area.

Additionally, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with Haze Nightclub. As your reservation is not linked to Trip Advisor, my Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to obtain additional information. I look forward to reviewing your comments and rectifying this matter in a timely manner.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just got back from a 4-night hotel stay at the Aria. Arrived Thursday night at around 9pm. There were about 6 other people in line behind the rope for check-in with a hostess at the front of the line to direct people to the next clerk. When we got 2 places away from the front of the line, I noticed a man in a suit behind the desk, about 30 feet from us, started making disapproving hand signals and facial expressions towards the hostess. As one would expect, the hostess is now distracted by what would seem to be her supervisors' criticisms (I think he was trying to tell her to change the configuration of the ropes, but I can't be sure) and momentarily forgets that she is there to welcome us (which she has done a very nice job of up to now). Now we are at the front of the line, there are two clerks without guests and we are still waiting for someone to direct us to an available clerk. The line hostess is still 30 feet from the supervisor, still trying to make sense of his hand signals and facial expressions, but now the supervisor is standing next to one of the clerks ("Shu-something" was her name, long hair) and those two are now exchanging comments and jokes, seemingly at the expense of the line hostess. By this point, I am tired of waiting to be directed to an available clerk and I decide to walk over to "Shu-something" (respectfully, I couldn't see her entire name tag as her hair covered it). She was polite but not friendly. I handed her my ID and my credit card, she looked up our reservation and said that they had a king-size bed room reserved for us, which was troubling, because I had called a few weeks prior to that and spoke to someone at the front desk to make a note that we wanted 2 queens. When I explained this to the clerk, she replied "it says king on your reservation." Deflecting blame was clearly more important than making us feel welcome and demonstrating her willingness to correct the situation. She told us that she had a queen bed room on the third floor. Already unimpressed with the lack of professionalism at this hotel and now annoyed at the clerk with her less than helpful attitude, I take 2 keys without any more questions and leave the line with an already sour taste in my mouth.
Turned out to be the lowest floor, we woke up each night at around 1:30am to the sound of techno music from the floor below. Wasn't loud enough to keep us up, but loud enough to disrupt our sleep. We could also hear any and all noise from the room next door. Thankfully, it was only the occasional repairman in the morning, as I don't think any guests were staying there. Wheelchair accessible room, which was less than desirable for us, as there is no counter or shelf space in the bath except for the 6-inches to either side of the sink. Bummer, but I understand that a person in a wheelchair has other priorities. Fair enough.

The first night, after unpacking, we went downstairs to the Aria cafe for dinner. We both ordered burgers without buns (trying to stick to a low-carb diet) and it took about 30 minutes for burgers to arrive, and mine arrived without the cole slaw. The waitress came over and apologized and my coleslaw arrived about 5 minutes later. The food was very tasty when it arrived.

We also went to Julian Serrano one night for dinner at the bar, and everything was fabulous. The food and the service were excellent.

The pool staff was also professional and friendly. There needs to be somewhere to put a towel near the jacuzzis, though. There's absolutely nowhere to even hang a towel, so most guests end up throwing their towels on the surrounding hedge. Doesn't look very classy and doesn't feel very classy for the guests.

The hotel is beautiful with a dramatic, sleek, and modern aesthetic and the casino was fun with plenty of friendly cocktail waitresses available in the slots area.

Our last morning there we got a wake-up call for 5am, which came through as requested, but then about 5 minutes later, we heard the phone ringing in the adjoining room, hanging up after about 3 or 4 rings, and then ringing again 5 minutes later. It was still going at 5:30am. I hope it didn't wake up anyone on the other side of the room.

All in all, I will not return. Why? Probably about 30% because of the initial negative bias that was established by the unprofessionalism at the front desk, and probably 70% because of our noisy room. I also did not think that the beds were all that comfy. The pillows were down alternative and were a bit lumpy and the bed that I slept in felt lopsided, as if a 800 lb person had been sleeping on one side of it for a month.

There's a lot of potential here, however. They really need to tighten up the check-in experience. There's no excuse for the lack of a warm and professional welcome at a 5-star hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 3rd floor. Adjoining, wheelchair-accessible rooms (and they won't necessaril...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Annie S
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Annie,

Thank for your review and for your candid feedback. I appreciate your recognition of the excellent service from Cocktail Services and our Pool staff. I am also pleased to read that our casino area was to your liking.

Moreover, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any difficulties you encountered upon arrival and with your guestroom. As your reservation is not linked to Trip Advisor, our Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to gather additional information regarding your stay. Thank you again and I look forward to reviewing your comments.

Best regards,

Shannon McCallum Crawford
Executive Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel has been amazing! Very central, modern, beautifully designed, so comfortable and the staff are always helpful. Would stay here again in a heartbeat! If I'm being picky I would expect there to be no dust around the outside of the carpet in a 5* room but it hadn't seen the nozzle of a vacuum in a long long time especially finding someone else's beer bottle tops there too. Overall a fab hotel though, the right choice for our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you kindly for your review. I am overjoyed by your feedback and the high level of service you received from our dedicated team. I am also pleased that the ambiance within our resort brought you comfort and relaxation.

I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience you encountered with your guestroom, and I will be sure to share your comments with our team. Thank you again and I look forward to your next stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Everything about this hotel is amazing!
The casino floor had a great atmosphere. It was always clean and not too smokey. The casino almost had a serene/calm vibe, but you could still tell fun was being had!
We ate a few times at jean philippe for late night sandwiches and croissants. We also ate at the Aria Cafe. We ordered the nachos as an app which were large enough for a meal for two! The menu was not too large, but had many great choices. (Order the fish tacos!)
Our city center room was amazing! The tub/shower combo is large but space saving. The separate room for the toilet was nice. Also, having two sinks is always great. The room was large enough for us to spread our bags out and have plenty of room. It was so amazing to walk into the room and have the music start to play, the blinds open, and lights turn on! The bed is THEE most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept on!! We even had to lift up the sheets and see what kind of mattress it was!

The only two (minor) issues we had were:
How confusing the room controls were. Some times the lamp buttons would work, and other times they wouldn't. Sometimes we would hit the bathroom lights and the blinds were starting to open. Not sure if this was Aria's fault, or user error!
The other issue was had was that one night we locked our room key in the room. We went down to the front desk to get a new key and they said that security would meet us at the room. Well we couldn't get past the elevators because we didn't have a room key to show. So back to the front desk to get an empty room key. Finally got up to the room and the security didn't show. So, we weren't sure if at this point we were supposed to meet them by the elevators or by the room. After 30+ minutes of up and down and waiting, security finally let us in. My only suggestion would be to maybe have a little more communication amongst front desk, security, and the elevator security.

With all that being said, I will definitely return to the Aria on my next trip to Vegas!

Room Tip: Splurge for a city center room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Laura,

Thank you for posting your review, and for taking the time to share your experience. I am ecstatic you enjoyed the atmosphere all throughout our property. It is also wonderful to learn that the amenities within your modern guestroom brought you much enjoyment, and that your moments dining at Jean Philippe Patisserie and ARIA Café were very satisfying during your stay.

Additionally, I do apologize for any difficulties you encountered with your guestroom key and for the inconveniences you experienced with your in-room technology. Thank you for your valued feedback and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

The cons: arrived a little early and they checked us in. However, the room is not ready so they said that I will receive a text about my room. 2 hours later, still no room. Went to the counter they said that they will give me a different room. Went up to the room...kids in tow, the key card did not work and the room was not ready. Went down again to the counter...they give me another room. Supposedly, for my trouble...I would get a $15 discount. Checked out and did not get the discount. Oh well....

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for selecting ARIA as your resort destination. I know that you had a plethora of hotels to choose from and had anticipated an extraordinary stay. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and am disappointed to know that you did not receive the award-winning Five Diamond service that we are known for.

I would like to take this opportunity to learn more about your experience and ensure that this does not reoccur at our property. Our Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to obtain additional information. We look forward to reviewing your comments and rectifying this matter in a timely manner.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

There was by no means anything wrong with the Aria per se, it just felt like it didn't have an identity or personality. It was nice and clean and the room was spacious and well-appointed, although the much touted technology was nothing exciting. It just doesn't have any cool restaurants you would be excited to go to or any interesting shops of its own. In fact, eating at the Aria Cafe, my husband said, we might as well just be at any random Hilton. The pool scene was just meh! It is connected to the Crystal Palace shops, but unless you are super rich, you cant afford to shop there and if you are, you probably aren't staying at the Aria. It's neighbor the Cosmopolitan has loads of personality and I think I will try staying there on my next visit, or else go back to The Wynn or Encore.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karly F

Dear Karly,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and for posting your review on Trip Advisor. It is great to read that you found your guestroom to be comforting during your stay.

Please also know that your comments regarding the ARIA Café and our in-room technology have been noted. Your correspondence is much appreciated, and we hope for the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Warm regards,