“Honeymoon - Great Hotel”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Aria is an amazing hotel. The location is perfect for exploring the strip - walk through Crystals and you're there, right in the middle of it. Or you can head out of the front of the hotel to jump in a taxi.

We arrived at about 9:30pm and went straight to a check in desk. When we said we'd booked a no smoking room the lady told us no king rooms (which we'd booked) were available so would we go in a double queen and then move the next day. As it was the first night of our honeymoon and we only had 4 nights in the hotel, I explained to her that this wasn't ideal. She went and spoke to the Manager and got us the room we'd booked on 51st floor! We also got some complimentary "cake" from the Jean Philippe Patisserie.

The rooms definitely have the wow factor. All the toiletries are really nice and everything was very clean and comfortable. The tablet you use to turn things on and off was quite frustrating as it didn’t seem to recognise what you were asking it to do, then all of a sudden it would “catch up” and do 5 things at once! Other than that we have no complaints. Don’t buy from the mini bar – you can get water for $2 just over the road. We bought a few bottles then filled up the ice bucket in the room to keep it cool – way cheaper!

1st day we went down to the concierge desk and got some amazing customer service. Sheena helped us to book tickets for the Penn & Teller show, a flight to the Grand Canyon and tickets for Zarkana. She was absolutely wonderful and really helped to organise our stay so we could fit the most in.

We ate at a couple of places in the hotel: Jean Philippe – we gave up the first time we tried due to the long queue. 2nd try we got a crepe and I wouldn’t go back for another one (we had a dessert crepe but the savoury ones definitely looked better). Five50 – Amazing pizza! We got a free slice of pizza and beer through playing myVegas on facebook and it was so yummy. Would definitely recommend. Aria Café – Breakfast was good here – but not excellent. You have to queue for quite a while when you can see a lot of empty tables which is frustrating. Waiter service was good but I personally think it was quite expensive for the quality. Sirio – we ate here before Zarkana and it was delicious. Again, quite a high price tag but worth it this time. The wine sommelier was great and we had a really nice meal.

We didn’t spend time at the pool but had a walk round and it looked beautiful – a shame we weren’t there longer so we could do some sunbathing.

This is a really great, modern hotel and we would stay again if we ever went back to Vegas.

Room Tip: We were on 51st floor - what a view!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jen B
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Jen,

Thank you for celebrating your honeymoon at ARIA. I enjoy reading that both your luxurious guestroom and our central location served as the perfect setting to admire the breathtaking views of Las Vegas. Additionally, thank you for taking the time to recognize the excellent service provided to you by Sheena, of Concierge. I am pleased that her efforts allowed you the freedom to fully enjoy many facets of your experience, including Cirque du Soleil: Zarkana, Sirio Ristorante and Five50 Pizza.

I would also like to apologize for your experiences at Jean Philippe Patisserie and the ARIA Café, and for the inconveniences you encountered with the in-room Control4 technology. Please know your feedback is very valuable and helps us to improve our services. Thank you again, and I look forward to your return stay.

With gratitude,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I've stayed right across the strip and thought it was about time I gave the new signature MGM property a chance having heard good things.

End up doing 4 nights in a standard strip view room, which I over paid for.
Room wasnt bad but not up to par with some of the other flagship hotels on the strip.
The main problem, that dusty / smoke after taste which seems to be standard across all MGM properties, it made me ill and ruined my trip. (an expensive one from the uk)

(I had the same problem years ago while spending a prolonged period at the MGM Grand)

The Good - Hotel has a great choice of bars / coffee shops and restaurants, its big and bright and would probably work for a family. Its in a great position to explore both ends of the strip plus the complete city centre.
The Bad - Pool area is too big and non intimate, you truly are just a number here. The room amenities are pretty standard vs many other high end places....

There is plenty more that went wrong during my stay here which I was dissapointed with, but I've said enough.

PS - gambling wise - Make sure you always play at least one machine a year in an MGM property or you will lose your M Life Points. (I realised this time that I lost 5 years worth)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that our assortment of restaurants and bars, as well as our central location, provided you with the desired convenience you anticipated from ARIA.

Additionally, please accept my sincere apologies for any disappointment you encountered during your stay. I would like to take this opportunity to learn more about the concerning circumstances you experienced at our resort. My Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to obtain additional information. Thank you again, and I look forward to reviewing your comments.

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel was accommodating when I requested to add our adult daughter to our booking. We had four people in our room. The room was large enough for us. The bed was too uncomfortable for me but that is because I am use to a soft mattress. The bed linen was beautiful to sleep in. I would love to purchae the sheets for home.The main issue for us was there was no coffee making facilities in the room and the restaurants in the casino area served horrible and expensive coffee and food. Our room was pretty far away from the elevators. Laundry fees were quite expensive. We used a wonderful laundry service who collected, cleaned and ironed our washing quite cheaply. Some of the staff were not very helpful but the cleaners on the 24th floor were friendly and accommodating to our requests. Do not stay in the Aria or the other hotels in the surrounding areas if you do not want to spend too much money. If we return to Las Vegas we will stay outside the main area.

Room Tip: Request a room close to the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Coralmist62
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at ARIA. I am thrilled to hear that your guestroom was large enough to comfortably accommodate your entire family. Please know that our luxurious linens and amenities are available for purchase through our hotel website or by contacting our Elements gift shop directly. Additionally, thank you for recognizing the excellent service provided to you by our Housekeeping department. It is fantastic to know that their efforts made your stay more enjoyable.

Thank you again for your review. Your feedback, including about your guestroom mattress and coffee makers, is greatly appreciated and helps us to continually improve our services. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Having previously been to Las Vegas twice before and stayed either end of the Strip, I wanted a more central location for my hotel this year. I booked Aria and then avidly watched the reviews for the hotel and I will be honest, after reading some of them I wondered if I had picked the right hotel. Well I can say, I did. Aria is not as easily identifiable as you approach the Strip as other hotels as it is nestled in between other properties but the walk from the entrance to the Strip is not as bad as i was expecting. Upon check in there was a minimal wait and after being greeted by Dianne I asked for a few room specific requests. As a single female traveler I prefer not to be put into an adjoining room and I also would have liked a high room with a view of the mountains. Dianne checked the system and after making a call found me a suitable room that matched my requests.My room was on the 51st floor with an amazing view looking out to the mountains. The room was lovely although I never really got my head round setting the electronic room pad sorted out but there are plenty of buttons around the room not to have to worry about it. Room service and house keeping was 10 out of 10 during my stay, with my room being serviced twice daily. I found the shower floor to be quite slippery so I called housekeeping to ask if they had any of the shower mats and one was brought to my room within half an hour.

I used room service several mornings for breakfast and again this was delivered quickly and was tasty.

I had a Spa visit booked for Thursday and my treatments were carried out by Julia. I had the Gemstone facial with the add on of the Indonesian hand and foot revitaliser which was sublime. If you book treatments then the use of the other facilities is included.There were steam, salt and hot stone bed rooms to choose room as well as jacuzzi pools. Slippers and robes are provided along with a locker and the changing rooms are equipped with everything you need to get ready afterwards. Drinks and snacks are situated throughout the spa as well and included. This was probably one of the best spa days I have experienced and would recommend it.

The pool areas were fantastic and there are 3 different areas to choose from as well as the Liquid pool which I didn't try out. There were plenty of loungers around to choose from but pool service did seem quite slow and I ended up going to the bar myself to get a cold drink. After a while more servers appeared and I didn't have to wait long for someone to help me again. I had a cabana booked for the Monday of my stay which to me seemed very good value for money. $250 is the price for a day and again the cabana comes with a fridge full of soft drinks and snacks. The only thing I didn't like about the set up was I was in a cabana with people either side and there were a big group of people in the cabana next to me who although were not overly loud, they kept using my cabana as a cut through to the pool. The patio sections out the front of the cabanas are all open and I just found this a little intrusive, which I didn't expect seeing as I was paying out for the expense of a private cabana. Perhaps some pot plants or easily moved rope barriers could be the answer. My cabana host Rayes was polite and very helpful without being overbearing.

I used the Jean Philippe Patisserie quite alot for breakfast and hot drinks. The cakes looked lovely and I did manage to try one. I also used the Aria cafe once. I waited quite some time for my food only to find out that there had been a mistake with my order which was now being processed. The Manageress was very apologetic and offered me a free drink or desert but as I was short of time, she took the price of my drink off the bill as well as 10%.

I also really liked the layout of the entrance which had specific drop off/pick up points for bus shuttles and a designated tour bus drop off/pick up point downstairs. This made things easy when leaving for day trips. I also liked that there were plenty of seats outside by the pick up points so that you can sit and wait for your bus to arrive whilst you watch the world go by.

Overall I was very impressed with Aria and the staff that I came into contact with during my stay.

Room Tip: A high floor is good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Vegasallin

Thank you for the magnificent review. I appreciate you taking the time to outline the excellent service provided to you by so many of our staff, including Dianne, Julia, Rayes and Housekeeping. At ARIA, we have worked hard to maintain an environment that emphasizes comfort and luxury for our guests. I am elated to know that our efforts allowed you to indulge in a relaxing retreat filled with endless amenities and personalize services. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experiences at the Pool, in the Spa and throughout our resort.

Furthermore, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced at ARIA Café and I appreciate your valuable feedback pertaining to your cabana. I am glad these instances did not take away from your visit, and please know that your comments have been shared with our team.

Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Some looked unhappy in their jobs, they need to smile more, slow down. Don't play slots, not very good returns. Valet has a tendency to yell cover your ears. Bell staff was nice and attentive as well as housekeeping.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for posting your review. It is wonderful to read that you encountered the highest level of service from our Bell Desk and Housekeeping staff. Also, I would like to apologize for any disappointments you experienced with our Valet staff and I hope it did not completely take away from your visit.

Please know that your comments are highly valued and I look forward to your return for a future stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We love the corner suites. We always rent a cabana for our day at the pool which gives everyone in our party the freedom to come and go throughout the day. This was our fifth visit and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: All I can say is Corner Suite upgrade.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nathan H

Dear Nathan,

I am especially pleased you have found our resort so fulfilling, and I truly appreciate your continued patronage. It is delightful to hear that our well-appointed corner suite has brought you so much satisfaction and that your cabana at the Pool has provided you with the enhanced stay that you desired. Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to ARIA.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We were in Vegas for four nights in April. I looked at many options for a stay on the Strip, but when using the MLife players card we found super deals. We arrived late at night and had a super smooth check-in. The room was large and so nicely furnished. The bathroom is like a spa. We have never slept so well - the Aria Sealy mattress is like sleeping on a cloud! They can be purchased from their hotel collection, too. We play the myVegas slot game on Facebook and were able to get several buy one, get one free meals at Aria and other MLife hotels. Great perk!! The Aria buffet was very good! My only wish is that the Vegas hotels would all have a coffee maker in the room. We would highly recommend the Aria hotel! Location is awesome also!

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad room in the hotel! No complaints on noise here.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you posting your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to know you were able to discover so many aspects of ARIA, including the comforting bed in your luxurious guestroom and the bathroom amenities within. I am also overjoyed to find that you were able to participate with Mlife and MyVegas promotions to further accentuate your experience.

Additionally, please know that your comments regarding coffee makers in the room have been noted. Once again, thank you for your amazing feedback and I highly anticipate your return.

Warm regards,