“This place is fun”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #15 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My golf foursome really enjoyed this hotel. There are so many excellent restaurants, steak, Asian, Italian, Mexican, American, pizza that you need to stay a week to experience all. Every employee at the hotel that I interacted with from housekeeping to Sommiler was at the top of their game. Typical of competitive Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Book early and buy an early check in. Request a room above the 20th floor with a view of the strip.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you so much for your remarkable review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay, in addition to our array of restaurants and the impeccable service you received from a number of our staff. We work hard to maintain the highest service standards and your input is highly valued.

I look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

Warmest regards,

There are newer reviews for ARIA Resort & Casino

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent new hotel on the strip. Spacious, comfortable and pleasant rooms that let you forget the hectic on the gambling floor. Only downside is that it's 10 minute walk before you reach the strip (not including the mileage you spen insode the hotel). It's big and beautiful, also a nice pool area to relax

Room Tip: the bakcsie of the hotel overlooks the pool area. Besides that, the view is'n't to great as...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed our resort, your vast guestroom, and the revitalizing atmosphere of our pools. Your feedback is greatly valued and I would be elated to welcome you back to ARIA.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

It's the second time I stay at Aria. The first time we did not like it because there weren't many places to grab a fast dinner and lunch only fancy restaurants (which are great), but this time we found several options: pizza, starbucks, and the Aria cafe. The hotel is huge so better grab a room close to the elevator. The rooms are exceptional, spacious and nice technology; you can control everything from a panel next to bed. Service is really good, you get housekeeping twice a day, front desk staff are really helpful although check in is slow because the hotel has a lot of guests, they do have all check in counters open. The only issue is that mattress is extremely soft so if you are used to sleep on an orthopedic kind of mattress you will not like it at all.

Room Tip: Room close to elevator and high floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AVILLASAC
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your return stay at ARIA. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed indulging in a variety of our updated restaurant offerings, including Five50 Pizza and the ARIA Café. It is also pleasing to read how your lavish guestroom, the Control4 technology and our award-winning service made your visit even more memorable. Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Aria is an amazing hotel. The location is perfect for exploring the strip - walk through Crystals and you're there, right in the middle of it. Or you can head out of the front of the hotel to jump in a taxi.

We arrived at about 9:30pm and went straight to a check in desk. When we said we'd booked a no smoking room the lady told us no king rooms (which we'd booked) were available so would we go in a double queen and then move the next day. As it was the first night of our honeymoon and we only had 4 nights in the hotel, I explained to her that this wasn't ideal. She went and spoke to the Manager and got us the room we'd booked on 51st floor! We also got some complimentary "cake" from the Jean Philippe Patisserie.

The rooms definitely have the wow factor. All the toiletries are really nice and everything was very clean and comfortable. The tablet you use to turn things on and off was quite frustrating as it didn’t seem to recognise what you were asking it to do, then all of a sudden it would “catch up” and do 5 things at once! Other than that we have no complaints. Don’t buy from the mini bar – you can get water for $2 just over the road. We bought a few bottles then filled up the ice bucket in the room to keep it cool – way cheaper!

1st day we went down to the concierge desk and got some amazing customer service. Sheena helped us to book tickets for the Penn & Teller show, a flight to the Grand Canyon and tickets for Zarkana. She was absolutely wonderful and really helped to organise our stay so we could fit the most in.

We ate at a couple of places in the hotel: Jean Philippe – we gave up the first time we tried due to the long queue. 2nd try we got a crepe and I wouldn’t go back for another one (we had a dessert crepe but the savoury ones definitely looked better). Five50 – Amazing pizza! We got a free slice of pizza and beer through playing myVegas on facebook and it was so yummy. Would definitely recommend. Aria Café – Breakfast was good here – but not excellent. You have to queue for quite a while when you can see a lot of empty tables which is frustrating. Waiter service was good but I personally think it was quite expensive for the quality. Sirio – we ate here before Zarkana and it was delicious. Again, quite a high price tag but worth it this time. The wine sommelier was great and we had a really nice meal.

We didn’t spend time at the pool but had a walk round and it looked beautiful – a shame we weren’t there longer so we could do some sunbathing.

This is a really great, modern hotel and we would stay again if we ever went back to Vegas.

Room Tip: We were on 51st floor - what a view!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jen B

Dear Jen,

Thank you for celebrating your honeymoon at ARIA. I enjoy reading that both your luxurious guestroom and our central location served as the perfect setting to admire the breathtaking views of Las Vegas. Additionally, thank you for taking the time to recognize the excellent service provided to you by Sheena, of Concierge. I am pleased that her efforts allowed you the freedom to fully enjoy many facets of your experience, including Cirque du Soleil: Zarkana, Sirio Ristorante and Five50 Pizza.

I would also like to apologize for your experiences at Jean Philippe Patisserie and the ARIA Café, and for the inconveniences you encountered with the in-room Control4 technology. Please know your feedback is very valuable and helps us to improve our services. Thank you again, and I look forward to your return stay.

With gratitude,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I've stayed right across the strip and thought it was about time I gave the new signature MGM property a chance having heard good things.

End up doing 4 nights in a standard strip view room, which I over paid for.
Room wasnt bad but not up to par with some of the other flagship hotels on the strip.
The main problem, that dusty / smoke after taste which seems to be standard across all MGM properties, it made me ill and ruined my trip. (an expensive one from the uk)

(I had the same problem years ago while spending a prolonged period at the MGM Grand)

The Good - Hotel has a great choice of bars / coffee shops and restaurants, its big and bright and would probably work for a family. Its in a great position to explore both ends of the strip plus the complete city centre.
The Bad - Pool area is too big and non intimate, you truly are just a number here. The room amenities are pretty standard vs many other high end places....

There is plenty more that went wrong during my stay here which I was dissapointed with, but I've said enough.

PS - gambling wise - Make sure you always play at least one machine a year in an MGM property or you will lose your M Life Points. (I realised this time that I lost 5 years worth)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that our assortment of restaurants and bars, as well as our central location, provided you with the desired convenience you anticipated from ARIA.

Additionally, please accept my sincere apologies for any disappointment you encountered during your stay. I would like to take this opportunity to learn more about the concerning circumstances you experienced at our resort. My Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to obtain additional information. Thank you again, and I look forward to reviewing your comments.

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel was accommodating when I requested to add our adult daughter to our booking. We had four people in our room. The room was large enough for us. The bed was too uncomfortable for me but that is because I am use to a soft mattress. The bed linen was beautiful to sleep in. I would love to purchae the sheets for home.The main issue for us was there was no coffee making facilities in the room and the restaurants in the casino area served horrible and expensive coffee and food. Our room was pretty far away from the elevators. Laundry fees were quite expensive. We used a wonderful laundry service who collected, cleaned and ironed our washing quite cheaply. Some of the staff were not very helpful but the cleaners on the 24th floor were friendly and accommodating to our requests. Do not stay in the Aria or the other hotels in the surrounding areas if you do not want to spend too much money. If we return to Las Vegas we will stay outside the main area.

Room Tip: Request a room close to the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Coralmist62

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at ARIA. I am thrilled to hear that your guestroom was large enough to comfortably accommodate your entire family. Please know that our luxurious linens and amenities are available for purchase through our hotel website or by contacting our Elements gift shop directly. Additionally, thank you for recognizing the excellent service provided to you by our Housekeeping department. It is fantastic to know that their efforts made your stay more enjoyable.

Thank you again for your review. Your feedback, including about your guestroom mattress and coffee makers, is greatly appreciated and helps us to continually improve our services. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Having previously been to Las Vegas twice before and stayed either end of the Strip, I wanted a more central location for my hotel this year. I booked Aria and then avidly watched the reviews for the hotel and I will be honest, after reading some of them I wondered if I had picked the right hotel. Well I can say, I did. Aria is not as easily identifiable as you approach the Strip as other hotels as it is nestled in between other properties but the walk from the entrance to the Strip is not as bad as i was expecting. Upon check in there was a minimal wait and after being greeted by Dianne I asked for a few room specific requests. As a single female traveler I prefer not to be put into an adjoining room and I also would have liked a high room with a view of the mountains. Dianne checked the system and after making a call found me a suitable room that matched my requests.My room was on the 51st floor with an amazing view looking out to the mountains. The room was lovely although I never really got my head round setting the electronic room pad sorted out but there are plenty of buttons around the room not to have to worry about it. Room service and house keeping was 10 out of 10 during my stay, with my room being serviced twice daily. I found the shower floor to be quite slippery so I called housekeeping to ask if they had any of the shower mats and one was brought to my room within half an hour.

I used room service several mornings for breakfast and again this was delivered quickly and was tasty.

I had a Spa visit booked for Thursday and my treatments were carried out by Julia. I had the Gemstone facial with the add on of the Indonesian hand and foot revitaliser which was sublime. If you book treatments then the use of the other facilities is included.There were steam, salt and hot stone bed rooms to choose room as well as jacuzzi pools. Slippers and robes are provided along with a locker and the changing rooms are equipped with everything you need to get ready afterwards. Drinks and snacks are situated throughout the spa as well and included. This was probably one of the best spa days I have experienced and would recommend it.

The pool areas were fantastic and there are 3 different areas to choose from as well as the Liquid pool which I didn't try out. There were plenty of loungers around to choose from but pool service did seem quite slow and I ended up going to the bar myself to get a cold drink. After a while more servers appeared and I didn't have to wait long for someone to help me again. I had a cabana booked for the Monday of my stay which to me seemed very good value for money. $250 is the price for a day and again the cabana comes with a fridge full of soft drinks and snacks. The only thing I didn't like about the set up was I was in a cabana with people either side and there were a big group of people in the cabana next to me who although were not overly loud, they kept using my cabana as a cut through to the pool. The patio sections out the front of the cabanas are all open and I just found this a little intrusive, which I didn't expect seeing as I was paying out for the expense of a private cabana. Perhaps some pot plants or easily moved rope barriers could be the answer. My cabana host Rayes was polite and very helpful without being overbearing.

I used the Jean Philippe Patisserie quite alot for breakfast and hot drinks. The cakes looked lovely and I did manage to try one. I also used the Aria cafe once. I waited quite some time for my food only to find out that there had been a mistake with my order which was now being processed. The Manageress was very apologetic and offered me a free drink or desert but as I was short of time, she took the price of my drink off the bill as well as 10%.

I also really liked the layout of the entrance which had specific drop off/pick up points for bus shuttles and a designated tour bus drop off/pick up point downstairs. This made things easy when leaving for day trips. I also liked that there were plenty of seats outside by the pick up points so that you can sit and wait for your bus to arrive whilst you watch the world go by.

Overall I was very impressed with Aria and the staff that I came into contact with during my stay.

Room Tip: A high floor is good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Vegasallin

Thank you for the magnificent review. I appreciate you taking the time to outline the excellent service provided to you by so many of our staff, including Dianne, Julia, Rayes and Housekeeping. At ARIA, we have worked hard to maintain an environment that emphasizes comfort and luxury for our guests. I am elated to know that our efforts allowed you to indulge in a relaxing retreat filled with endless amenities and personalize services. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experiences at the Pool, in the Spa and throughout our resort.

Furthermore, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced at ARIA Café and I appreciate your valuable feedback pertaining to your cabana. I am glad these instances did not take away from your visit, and please know that your comments have been shared with our team.

Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.