“Stay away! Terrible service” 1 of 5 bubbles

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #14 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Francisco, California
“Stay away! Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I had the worst experience with Aria over the weekend. This was my second stay with the Hotel, the first one being shorter and uneventful. I was traveling from San Jose, California with my Mom, who was visiting me from India and this really ruined the trip for us.

I had called the front desk (around 930am) to extend the checkout to 12pm (We had a Grand Canyon tour pickup at 1230) which they graciously decided to do and confirmed to me over the phone. While my mom and I were at the Promenade, the Housekeeping decided to clean the room and deposit my luggage to security/lost & found (11:10am or so). We were planning to grab lunch at 1130am to prepare for our departure by 1230pm after depositing the luggage to Bell desk, not knowing what was happening behind us.
11:15 am: Housekeeping was still cleaning when we arrived
11:17 am: The attendant immediately informed her supervisor to call my bag back and informed me the bag would be back in 10 minutes
11:30 am - no bag, no supervisor
11:35 am - supervisor comes by, apologises and informs me the bag will be back in 10 minutes, I tell her that I have already been waiting for 10 minutes but trust she has her information
11: 45 am - no bag, 2 attendants on our floor 12 trying to reach supervisor but unable to do so
12:00 pm - I call the front about my situation, telling them I need to leave by 12:20 or so without any lunch given this fiasco. They cant help without coordinating with many parties.
12:10pm - I get hold of the supervisors' number and decide to call her myself. Get her on the line, she makes excuses for the other department being inefficient and takes no responsibility until pinned down to accept her responsibility for the fiasco and making a commitment which she had not idea could be met.
12:15pm - Still no bag and I decided to leave the room with instructions to deposit the bag with Bell Desk. Honestly, I was quite nervous I would ever see my bag since no word I was hearing gave me any confidence that they could deliver to what they say
12:17pm - as I was walking into the elevator, I saw my bag come in and finally deposited it to bell desk myself.

I think the part that was unpleasant was that the supervisor made a very false committment by a huge margin, she had no idea where the bag was or how long it would take. This meant my 60 yr old and I had to go for our tour without lunch and rush our way into it. If she had only given us the confidence that our bag would be deposited with Bell Desk by the time we would be back cause it could take a while (cause she couldn't be sure), I would have really appreciated it.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rbansal26
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for posting such a detailed review. At ARIA we value guest feedback as part of our continual effort to improve the quality of the overall experience we strive to provide. It is disheartening to know that we fell short in providing you with a magnificent stay and I would like to conduct further research. My Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to obtain additional information about your visit.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Director of Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,243)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Columbus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Great location. Room was very clean. Great views with the floor to ceiling views. The most frustrating part of that was the check in. Apparently the system was down bc the line took about 25 minutes. And apparently it was down multiple times bc the line was always long. And be ready for hidden fees. They're there. And they're waiting for u.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Roskob12
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for choosing ARIA. I am delighted to see you enjoyed your luxurious guestroom accommodations and the breathtaking views from within; however, I would also like to apologize for the disappointment you experienced upon check-in, and I would like to take this opportunity to learn more about your experience. Our Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to gather more details.

Thank you again, and I look forward to reviewing your comments.

Kind regards,

Shannon McCallum Crawford
Executive Director of Hotel Operations
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel/casino is, I believe, one of the best on the strip. Could not really find a thing wrong with it. We loved it. The staff were so nice to deal with and while the room was a little smaller than we are used to as we usually stay at Caesar's it was still first rate. The bed was by far the most comfortable bed both of us have ever slept on and was better than our beds at home. I actually won decent amounts in this casino almost every day which is a first for me - it is difficult to win in Vegas on the slots these days. The hotel does not nickel and dime you either like Caesar's does. It really was so very, very nice and we could recommend this hotel to anyone. Loved it! We will absolutely stay at this hotel for our next visit and we usually visit a couple of times a year.

Room Tip: We were a long way down a corridor so perhaps ask for a room a little closer if possible to the elev...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Bernadette,

Thank you so much for posting such a positive review. I am thrilled to know that you left our resort with some winnings and that you enjoyed the award-winning Five Diamond service you received from our staff, as well as the comfort of our custom designed Sealy mattresses. For more information regarding our bedding please feel free to visit the ARIA at home section within our website or contact our main sundries store, Elements.

Your comments are greatly appreciated and I highly anticipate your return.

Warmest regards,

St. George, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Staff overall are there to serve you and ensure your trip is good. My granddaughter decided to spend a night and so I called the front desk and they sent someone quickly to provide the roll away bed, i think it was about 10 minutes total. After we got done gambling we went to the Patisserie and ordered crepes and pastries with a drink and it was delicious. The slot machines were a little tight, but thankfully I know my limits. I think the decor in the lobby and throughout the casino is so distinct and beautiful. i just felt so at home. They reminded me of the staff in Hawaii, just friendly and outgoing.

Room Tip: The rooms were impressive and clean. The details to comfort is found in everything they offer, the...
Dear Wilma,

Thank you for the outstanding review. I am thrilled to hear about the award-winning service you received from so many of our staff, particularly that our Front Desk was able to accommodate your granddaughter. It is also pleasing to read that our modern aesthetics made you feel even more comfortable at our resort, and that you were able to indulge in a variety of mouthwatering treats from Jean Philippe Patisserie. Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

With gratitude,

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

we stayed there for a long weekend it was very beautiful hotel there was not need to leave the hotel they had everything ever need. they let us check in early which was nice and everything is very high tech. my only complaint is that they did not clean our room the second day we where there

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Heidy,

I am delighted our combination of alluring amenities and sophisticated style created a memorable weekend for you. At ARIA, we take a great deal of pride in providing guests with personalized experiences throughout their stay. I am pleased that our efforts were truly exemplified through your early check-in request and your advanced in-room technology. However, please accept my sincere apologies for the level of service you received from Housekeeping. This is certainly not indicative of our Five Diamond standards, and your comments will absolutely be shared with our team. Thank you again, and I look forward to your return.

Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This Hotel have too much positives than negatives.... The location is excellent, in the middle of everything. Friendly, helpful and very professional front desk, bell boy, concierge and security staff. Nice and comfi decorations and exteriors areas. Modern and accessible casino, bars, lounges and nigthclubs. Very good in room dinning, and housekeeping services. The suites, sky city view, and standard strip view are great; fully equipped bar, extra king comfortable bed, spacious bathroom with jaccuzzi and shower... make your stay easy, comfortable and give you the time and space needed to pamper you anytime... Negatives: Check In area crowded and noise (comprensible in casino area). A small pool bar. Restaurants with exorbitant prices (but you have hundreds of restaurant to select at Vegas strip). Definitely will stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose rooms or suites in higher floors, away from ground floors noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Emily,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize the unparalleled services you received from so many of our employees, including the Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Security. I am pleased their efforts allowed you to further appreciate your luxurious guestroom, complete with breathtaking views, custom-designed mattress and elegant bathroom. Additionally, please accept my sincere apologies for the circumstances you encountered in our hotel lobby, as well as for your disappointment with our restaurants and bars. All of your comments are greatly appreciated and help us make continual improvements to our resort. Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to ARIA.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

lovely hotel, which is modern and the rooms are super with a single control panel which sets the room, include tempreature, lighting and curtains.
we were on the 19th floor overlooking the pool areas. we had a super stay and often visited the 24 hour Aria Cafe.
the casino is smallish but that was fine as not massive gambler and plenty of other casinos.
my only critism is we felt a little off the beaten track and even going to Walgreens across the road took 20mins through the shopping centre. sounds silly but we did feel a little far away here.

Room Tip: id say higher the better as all rooms are floor to ceiling windows with corner view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank alexellie
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. I am elated to hear how the Control4 technology in your guestroom and our ARIA Café established an astounding stay for you and your friends. Please know I enjoy reading the details regarding your stay and greatly appreciate all of your comments. Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Shannon McCallum Crawford