“Best HiTech hotel in Vegas”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #17 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Before I start my review let me explain what I do in vegas- I sit by the pool, enjoy my room, eat out, and gamble $20 a day. That being said I fully enjoyed my previous experience at the Venetian hotel but I fell in LOVE with the Aria. I checked in at 8 pm on Friday evening and stood in line for ten minutes, then requested a room close to an elevator after reading all the other reviews. My wish was granted and off we went to the room. The room was very modern with all of the high tech buttons. My favorite button was the PRIVACY button so the maid doesn't bother you in the morning. Then the service button you can press when you leave your room and want it cleaned. I liked the double sinks and shower but did not care for the frosted glass doors on the toilet room. The bed was comfortable and we requested a refrigerator and got it. I did the automatic checkout but have not yet received a bill by email or phone message. The pool area is nice and you have to reserve a chair early because it does get full quickly. Don't use the pool people to get a chair, they only pick one the same way you would....they just want a tip. They do search your bags when you walk into the pool so no bringing beer down into this place. The gym is top notch and by the spa so the smell is awesome. I did think the hotel was a little far from the strip but we took a taxi everywhere so it made no difference. The food at the buffet was JUST OK, not worth the $64 dollars for two on the weekend. Go to the ARIA café instead and the food is better and cheaper. Julian Serrano restaurant was AWESOME, if you like shrimp get the GAMBAS. We went back a second time we enjoyed it so much. The pub is good too and had cheap happy hour prices.I lost my $20 daily at the casino as it is tight. I don't know anyone in Vegas who wins except the sharks. Then again I guess my money at the casino is funding the CityCenter and other beautiful amenities at Aria. You won't go wrong if you pick this hotel...if anything it will raise your expectations for all the others. If you are tight on money and don't want quality food then go to another hotel. You get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Stay close to the elevator and on a lower floor, I was dizzy every time I stepped off the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review about your recent stay at ARIA. It is thrilling to learn your check-in was so efficient and that your modern guestroom was very satisfying to you. Moreover, I am elated to read our delicious options at the ARIA Café and Julian Serrano brought you much delight.

Please know that your comments on our Buffet are well noted and will be shared with our team. Additionally, we are proud to share that many of our green features encompass numerous aspects of ARIA; from the active design, to the materials and amenities used throughout our resort.

In closing, I apologize for any inconvenience with receiving your billing folio. As your reservation is not linked to Trip Advisor, our Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to gather additional information. Thank you again and I look forward to reviewing your comments.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was not familiar with this hotel when I first booked it but became a fan once I arrived. The rooms are very nice. They even have robes in each room for lounging aroud. The restaurants are real good and there are a lot of choices with several places to consider.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Neil,

It is very gratifying to hear you speak so highly of our resort with our many enticing dining selections and guestroom amenities. Thank you as well for mentioning our comfortable robes and for your valuable feedback.

Your kind remarks are sincerely appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We drove from San Francisco to Ferndale to see the giant redwoods, then to Carmel, Pismo, and on to Las Vegas. We stayed at the Aria hotel, it was great the room was fantastic, and the restaurants were quality (though a little expensive) but well worth the money. The show we saw (cirque du soleil Zarkana) was excellent. We also went on the Big Bus tour, it made it possible to see the strip and all the other attractions at close range. The next (must do it) for us was the Grand Canyon, we took the trip with with the Maverick helicopter company booked through the hotel. We were picked up at the hotel and taken to the airport, and the trip consisted of the flight there approx 45 mins, a landing in the Canyon (with champayne and snacks) then a tour of all the attractions including a barbecue lunch, and the Skywalk. There is only one way to do this (big) It took a whole day but well worth every penny and hour spent. We are not gamblers but enjoyed the atmosphere of the place, and all the facilities there. If there is a downside it would be the size of the hotel, by the time we had walked the corridors from our room to get the lift to go to any of the restaurants, or shops we felt as if we had run a marathon. (Maybe they could put older folk nearer the lifts?)

Room Tip: Try to choose a room not to far from the lifts, we were on floor 22 with a city view (the strip). It...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Brigitta,

I am delighted to know you were able to enjoy your luxurious guestroom, our exhilarating show Zarkana, and the excellent service of our In-Room Dining staff. Moreover, I am pleased that you found so much satisfaction with our sustainability practices and the multitude of dining opportunities at ARIA.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful feedback and I look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Warm regards,

Shannon McCallum Crawford
Executive Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This Hotel is a modern hotel near the center of the strip but set back slightly and as such is an ideal location. It is priced just below the bigger hotels like Bellagio, Mandalay Bay etc and as such is a good price for the location. Like all the hotels it has a big entrance with lots of check in desks but this is there down fall bit, it took ages to check in and we didn't wait that long in the queue, it was the check in process that seemed to take an age, a lot of what they asked you could of been completed online prior to arrival this is something they need to look at. At various times we seen some huge queues waiting to be checked in not good.
The Staff on the check in desk didn't seem to make you welcome it was quiet impersonal with lots of ummms and Arrhhs. The Concierge personnel on the other hand were very good and did everything they could to assist and even did our check in and printed our tickets. We did see a few comments about room cleaning, ours was cleaned every day, but we did leave a few dollars on the bed each day but the room was spotless while we were there.
The rooms themselves are very nice although not the biggest we have stayed in at Vegas, but nothing that is going to spoil the staying at this hotel. They have a modern operating system that allows you to open the curtains and turns lights on and off, TV on and off etc from the control at the side of the bed. The bed is so soft and comfortable and the black out curtains are great.
We had 1 meal in the Hotel at the Thia Lemongrass restaurant and the food was some of the best Thia food I have ever tasted and the size of the portions were big, I ordered probably too much but ate it all as it tasted so good!!
You can walk from the Hotel to the Monte Carlo next door by walking up towards the Tram station. If you do use the Tram you can go the other way down to the Bellagio which does save a bit of time.
The Pool area is a very big area with 3 good size pools and 3 smaller jacuzzi type pools, they seem to be enough beds no matter what time of day you go there. They don't have parasols for some reason which is strange considering how hot it can get (104f while we were there), although you can hire a Cabana at $300 a day (may be why no parasols).
Overall I would give this an excellent if the initial desk check in issue was resolved and they smiled a bit more on check in. Would I stay here again yes I would but I would also like to try other hotels having stayed at Bellagio and Four Seasons so far I fancy trying the others also.

Room Tip: We stayed at the front of the Hotel and although you can't see the strip its better than the bac...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Fraser,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and for your candid feedback. The kind words you have shared for our Concierge and Housekeeping staff are highly valued. Additionally, I am thrilled that you were able to experience the convenient ARIA Express, our expansive Pool area, and the delicious options at Lemongrass.

I would also like to apologize for the level of service from our Front Desk at check-in. Your comments are important to us and will be shared with our team. Thank you again and we hope to serve you again on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

we spent a week at this hotel at the end of may through to June. we asked for a high floor and we got it on the 50th Floor.
This hotel is deemed a 5 * but not if you compare it to a 5* hotel in the UK
The place is beautiful, nice and new with a big casino we really enjoyed our stay, but for this hotel to stipulate it's 5* the cleanliness in the room also has to be 5* also. Bedside table's were dusty when we arrived and the bathroom floor was not cleaned or mopped every day, the room was not hoovered every day either, these standards need to be upheld for a 5* hotel.
We sampled most of the restaurants but the highlight as always is julian serrano great food great service and a great restaurant overall, we also enjoyed the aria cafe mostly down to our server Veronica.
Mlife desk is efficient and so is the bell desk Peter being their oustanding employee.
We will hopefully return one day and hope the housekeeping has improved as I do love the Aria!

Room Tip: Ask for a specific room/floor and I am sure they will get you it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sc0tlandgirl

Thank you so much for choosing ARIA as your resort destination. It is a pleasure reading that you were captivated with the ambiance of our resort and that you particularly enjoyed our Casino and restaurants, including the delicious Spanish Tapas of Julian Serrano. Moreover, thank you for recognizing the unsurpassed service provided to you by Veronica of ARIA Café and Peter of Bell Services.

Although you had many positives to your stay, it is also concerning to read that you encountered some negative aspects as well. I sincerely apologize for the inconsistencies you experienced with Housekeeping. Please know your feedback is very valuable and will be shared with our team for review and future improvements.

Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Aria may be my new favorite hotel. Exceptional customer service and the beds. Best ever. They are like sleeping on a cloud. We loved it. Not kid friendly. Great for couples. They do an amazing turn-down service and fill your ice bucket and leave candy and slippers by the bed. Whole room is automated (curtains lights etc)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tami H

Dear Tami,

I am thrilled to see that your stay at ARIA had left such a lasting impression – from the innovative In-Room Technology to our custom-designed Sealy® mattresses and the award-winning Five Diamond service provided to you by so many of our employees. Our goal is to create the single most significant resort experience in the world and I am delighted to know we have exceeded your expectations. Thank you again, and I look forward to your return.

Warmest regards,

Shannon McCallum Crawford
Executive Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I had the worst experience with Aria over the weekend. This was my second stay with the Hotel, the first one being shorter and uneventful. I was traveling from San Jose, California with my Mom, who was visiting me from India and this really ruined the trip for us.

I had called the front desk (around 930am) to extend the checkout to 12pm (We had a Grand Canyon tour pickup at 1230) which they graciously decided to do and confirmed to me over the phone. While my mom and I were at the Promenade, the Housekeeping decided to clean the room and deposit my luggage to security/lost & found (11:10am or so). We were planning to grab lunch at 1130am to prepare for our departure by 1230pm after depositing the luggage to Bell desk, not knowing what was happening behind us.
11:15 am: Housekeeping was still cleaning when we arrived
11:17 am: The attendant immediately informed her supervisor to call my bag back and informed me the bag would be back in 10 minutes
11:30 am - no bag, no supervisor
11:35 am - supervisor comes by, apologises and informs me the bag will be back in 10 minutes, I tell her that I have already been waiting for 10 minutes but trust she has her information
11: 45 am - no bag, 2 attendants on our floor 12 trying to reach supervisor but unable to do so
12:00 pm - I call the front about my situation, telling them I need to leave by 12:20 or so without any lunch given this fiasco. They cant help without coordinating with many parties.
12:10pm - I get hold of the supervisors' number and decide to call her myself. Get her on the line, she makes excuses for the other department being inefficient and takes no responsibility until pinned down to accept her responsibility for the fiasco and making a commitment which she had not idea could be met.
12:15pm - Still no bag and I decided to leave the room with instructions to deposit the bag with Bell Desk. Honestly, I was quite nervous I would ever see my bag since no word I was hearing gave me any confidence that they could deliver to what they say
12:17pm - as I was walking into the elevator, I saw my bag come in and finally deposited it to bell desk myself.

I think the part that was unpleasant was that the supervisor made a very false committment by a huge margin, she had no idea where the bag was or how long it would take. This meant my 60 yr old and I had to go for our tour without lunch and rush our way into it. If she had only given us the confidence that our bag would be deposited with Bell Desk by the time we would be back cause it could take a while (cause she couldn't be sure), I would have really appreciated it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rbansal26

Thank you for posting such a detailed review. At ARIA we value guest feedback as part of our continual effort to improve the quality of the overall experience we strive to provide. It is disheartening to know that we fell short in providing you with a magnificent stay and I would like to conduct further research. My Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to obtain additional information about your visit.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,