ARIA Resort & Casino
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$388
US$210
Official Site
US$200
US$153
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$214
US$198
US$153
US$206
US$162
  • Restaurant
Luxor Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$122
US$125
US$85
US$247
US$203
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$180
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$226
Orbitz.com
25,751 results
All reviewsjulian serranohigh techcorner suitetouch screencity viewmodern hotelremote controlother hotelssky suitesmini barfloor to ceiling windowsamazing hotelfitness centerresort feelong walktrip to vegasroom key
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is the seventh hotel/casino we have stayed at in Vegas over the last 15 years. We were so pleased with everything at Aria, from early check in to easy check out, that we will definitely plan to stay here next time. Our 27th floor room offered likely the best view we've ever had. All staff members were especially helpful and pleasant. The very upscale room was a delight and yet not overdone...just fabulous. Also, treat yourself to a great haircut and style with Val in the Salon. Overall, just a beautiful, feel good, very serene experience!

2  Thank InGoodTaste2014
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

It is a pleasure reading such a wonderful review and I would like to thank you for your continued patronage. I am delighted you enjoyed your luxurious 27th floor guestroom and that you took advantage of our early check in and express check out options. Additionally, your recognition of the award-winning efforts of our staff, including Val of our Salon, is much appreciated and has been shared with our team for review.

Thank you for your generous remarks. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Shannon McCallum Crawford
Executive Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The lobby of the Aria is bright and airy, with lots of art work and statues etc. around. Check-in is to the right, the queue was HUGE… though I’m not going to grumble too much about that as it was the same in most hotels. At check in we did the $20 trick and were given a room with a city view.

To get to the guest elevators you had to walk through the Casino, there was no bell hop offered (I’m not complaining, just observing). Just before the elevators security ask you to show you key, I guess to stop non-residents going up to the room floors. There were a number of banks of elevators and you had to get the one corresponding to your floor. The corridors were long, but straight and there was ice available at different points.

Our room:
As you walked into the room there was a dressing area on the right consisting of two double wardrobes, a large chest of drawers, ironing board, iron. On the left was the bathroom, it had a double sink, one with a magnified shaving mirror, a toilet in a frosted glass cubicle, a large glass fronted shower which you stepped through to a large bath. It was big. My only complaint about the whole room was there was no hooks anywhere to hang things like wet towels or bikini’s this was an unbelievable pain!

In the main part of the bedroom were two single beds pushed together and topped to make one huge bed, the bed itself was actually a bit squishy, I’m not usually fussy but between the vast duvet, huge bouncy pillows and the squishy bed, it was sometimes physically impossible to get out of. People with mobility problems or bad backs would really struggle.

There was a dressing table/desk (no mirror) then a large well stocked mini bar. With various glasses and ice bucket. Two luggage stands, a couple of chairs and side table.

The lights, TV and curtains were all controlled by a hand held pad which I found a faff to use. In fact, it was nigh on impossible to get the bedside light on without having the curtains go back and forth!!

The room was lovely, really modern with a neutral palette… not to everyone’s taste but perfect for us.

The Pool
We went to the pool a few times. There were three plus Liquid. As you go in you have to flash your key to get into the pool, they do a cursory check of your bag but after that you are OK. One pool was definitely louder and one had more kids but really they were all the same, the trick was to keep moving and follow the shade as it was hot hot hot. Bikini clad girls served drinks and food at your lounger or you could go to the bar, it was pretty expensive ($80 for a salad, some chicken bits and a pitcher of cocktail) but relative to the cost of the hotel. Another day I got a large 32oz frozen lemonade which was $28!!!! Anyway, the pool area was clean, well-kept with lots of greenery for shade.

Then we tried Liquid!! Firstly I was not allowed to take in my water, then we had to produce ID, when we got in we could have had a bed for a minimum €125 spend each or could put our bag in a locker and just stand about. It was tiny and to be honest there was not really a nice vibe so we sacked it and went back to the regular pool. Overall – nothing special.

The Casino
During our first few days we visiting loads of different casino’s (MGM, Monte Carole, Excalibur, Luxor) and Aria was my favourite by far, it felt more airy and modern (my thing) than the others. We are absolute low rollers so I am not at all commenting on the quality of the gaming but the atmosphere was good. Of course it was VAST and we did a bit of going round in circles the first few days.

You can get from the Casino to a walk way to the Monte Carlo – don’t bother with the Aria Monorail – its not worth it. The walkway takes you to a great little food court where we got Pizza at 5.30am one night.

Which brings me onto…..

We mainly ate at food courts but I can say there were lots of eating options at the Aria – make sure you check the map because it was not until the last day we discovered some other hides eateries in the Aria.

The Bars
The Deuce bar had been touted as the place to be, clearly it wasn’t as it was always empty. We did have some late night drinks at the sports bar where we played video poker but as we were such low rollers we did not get free drinks.

The Shops
The shops were few and far between in the Aria but if you won big there was a nice watch shop on the casino floor, there was also a place where you could get some OK souvenirs and at the back it had all the bits and bobs you might need, but had forgotten, for your holiday. A couple of ladies wear shops and that was about it. It was however attached to Crystal Shopping which has all the luxury brands like LV, Dior, etc.

Check out
The queue for check out was huge so we did the email option which was very simple (email your name and room number and they check you out automatically) again no offer of help with bags (not bothered, just saying).

Feel free to ask me any questions.

My other Las Vegas Reviews:
The Cosmopolitan
Penn & Teller
Absinthe
Rose Rabbit Lie

Room Tip: do the $20 trick
4  Thank zedtwed
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your detailed review. I am pleased you enjoyed many of that attributes that make up our property, including our stunning three-story naturally lit glass Lobby, your modern guestroom accommodations, and our tranquil pool deck. Additionally, I would like to thank you for your patience during registration, and please know that your comments regarding the in-room technology and design of our guestrooms are well noted.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed at the Aria for 5 nights and I was quite happy with this property. I had a city view room and it was very clean and well appointed. The room did seem somewhat small but not overly so. I would have no problem staying here again if I make it back to Vegas. I guess my only complaint would be what I feed were ridiculous prices for the mini mar items or the fact that if you put anything in the fridge, they will charge you $25 bucks a day. Hope nobody has any medication that requires refrigeration.

4  Thank EZeeff
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for posting your review to Trip Advisor. It is wonderful to read that you had a fantastic visit at ARIA, and that you enjoyed your guestroom with city views.

Please know your comments on the mini bar have been noted. I sincerely look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The following is an exact copy of the letter I sent to at least two(2) Managers and Customer service.
No response. Just goes to prove unless you're a millionaire or somebody with power, Vegas hotels/casino's don't give a @*#% about you!

Mr. Baldwin,

The following details our stay at your hotel/casino/resort, Aria. I'm just your average Joe, with no money and no power so I really don't expect a reply or anything really, I just had to make an effort to communicate our dissatisfaction. If it falls on deaf ears,...so be it.

I just wanted to let you know that, while the trip and WPT poker tourney were fun, our stay at your "5 star" hotel and casino was overwhelmed by the lack of attention to detail.
From the time we checked in, which took the better part of 40 minutes, because apparently the front desk supervisor failed to schedule enough people for a holiday Friday?!

To the self park parking garage that was filthy. The HVAC units for the garage elevators were pumping HOT air, and there was graffiti etched into at least two different inside elevator doors.

Our room had a fantastic view, but I noticed a HUGE industrial area directly below our room, presumably they were HVAC or cooling units, regardless, not what I would expect to see at a "5 star" hotel room view.
Isn't there some sort of artistic, or at least visually appealing covering that could be placed there so as not to COMPLETELY "pull back the curtains"?

On a completely different side note, why on earth aren't you, and every other casino, using solar power???

Last, our room while nice, wasn't clean. Apparently the people that stayed in that room before us had little children, because there were dirty, smudgy hand prints all over the cabinetry and walls. The glasses were covered in hard water stains, (don't you guys use a softening/reverse osmosis system), there was physical damage to cabinet near the mini bar, what looked like party steamers still taped to the large wooden headboard and what looked like what can only be described as a glancing foot print on the ceiling. Also the drapes were frayed and also dirty.

Attached you will find photos detailing our room.

Finally, the use of "cheap" plastic electrical fixturing completely disappointed me. Not just in the room, but THROUGHOUT a 5 star hotel???

Also whomever is responsible for the wallpaper job in the hallways, they should be FIRED!! Just awful!

Speaking as a former Facility Manager, the state of entire facility is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE for a hotel/casino/resort such as this. I couldn't imagine allowing these things to occur during my watch!!!

In closing, I find it hard to believe the 5 star rating was earned and not paid for!!!

Regards,
LC Hilburn

In closing, if you stay at Aria, don't expect too much!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has actually been cleaned and INSPECTED!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank LC H
Reviewed 11 July 2014

First the good: high tech room with a fantastic view. Control everything through tv including lights and curtains. Bath was nice, although shower had no pressure. Fairly quiet, only heard neighbors once, at 5 am of course.

Not great: The bed was way too soft and pillows useless. One lamp was broken, one of the two sinks clogged, tv remote would not work from the bed...needed batteries?. There was also a smell of smoke in the room. I am guessing the neighbors.

The bad: WE booked package with two free buffets. When I checked in I asked about them and was told it was a buffet credit, not free buffets. She said that meant we had a food credit of $65 and could get lunch the first day and use the rest toward breakfast the next. So that was the plan. Long story short, I checked my balance and was told the buffet credit was a one time use only so the extra we saved by choosing lunch and skipping drinks went to waste. I asked to speak with the manager but the young lady spoke with him and said there was nothing her could do. She was nice, but didn't fix the problem. I did not want to be "that guy" but I am guessing that being polite did not help me in this situation.

With so many hotel choices I would have thought this hotel would have wanted to fix the problem so we would recommend the hotel or return. Sadly, we wont do either. Customer service goes a long way.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wm Curtis H

Dear Curtis,

Thank you for taking the time to let others know how much you enjoyed our innovative Control4 technology and your luxurious bathroom accommodations. Additionally, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and I am glad I was able to get in contact with you personally to rectify this matter.

Please know that your feedback is much appreciated, as it helps us to improve our services. I look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

With gratitude,