“Amazing service”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atherton, California
“Amazing service”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed three nights mid week.
Positives:
- Service second to none. In particular, the concierge agents couldn't be more helpful.
- Location is central and the Crystal Mall is attached
Negative:
- The parking garage is not conveniently located. The only one worse is at the Mirage.

There are plenty of good dining choices. Julian Serrano was especially good. The hotel interior is classy, my wife deemed it masculine. There is no theme as in other hotels. There is free Wi-Fi, but we did not get reception in our room. The view of the strip was nice.

Great hotel, but the Bellagio is a better choice.

Room Tip: Cut through the driveway from the parking lot to shorten the distance. Goat cheese stuffed dates at...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Will M
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Will,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. At ARIA, we take a great deal of pride in the exceptional talent we employ. I am ecstatic their efforts allowed you to experience our unsurpassed service first-hand. Moreover, it is outstanding to learn how our tempting amenities, modern aesthetics and appetizing restaurants, particularly Julian Serrano, orchestrated an experience teeming with sophistication and convenience. Thank you again, and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Director of Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,390)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chino, California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I must admit, it has been a while since I've stayed at a 4-5 star hotels in Vegas or anywhere. My partner received a deal and decided to take advantage of it. They gave us a free upgrade to a corner suite with panoramic view plus $50 dine-in credit for 2 days. Once we saw the room & the view, I just wanted to stay inside. It was comfy & looked clean, love...love the shower water pressure. I wanted to use the jetted tub but it didn't work, or maybe I didn't know how or it was broken; our sink drainage was slow too, thus -.5 star

Definitely recommend this hotel for its size, location, convenience, & comfort.

Room Tip: Corner suite may be quieter since there aren't a lot of traffic. Good 3-4 people. They have a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Daisy4yoo
Dear Daisy,

I am thrilled that you decided to redeem your promotional offer and stay at ARIA. Thank you for sharing how the breathtaking views from your Corner Suite provided you with the invigorating stay you anticipated from a Five Diamond property. Please know that I greatly appreciate all of your comments and have shared your feedback with the appropriate areas for review. Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My wife and I just got home from staying at the Aria Resort & Casino for 4 nights (7/29-8/1/2014). My wife booked this trip as a surprise for my 30th birthday (Thanks Honey!).

Overall, the Aria is a very nice hotel.... we enjoyed gambling and hanging out by the pool. Plus the location was nice because we were able to walk to a bunch of other hotels/shops for dinner and shopping. Oh yeah and Javiers inside the Aria was great...make sure to try it!

Now here is where the bad part comes in....it was our room unfortunately. When we walked into the room everything seemed great, but once we got settled in that is when we started noticing some stuff that had us questioning our choice of staying at this hotel. First was our ice bucket, it was full with water from the previous guests. This actually was not a huge deal at all, I can see how this would be overlooked by the housekeeping staff. Just a litte inconvient but oh well.

Next was the shower...it was nice and clean but once I took my first shower and realized I had to stand in an inch and a half of dirty water because it didn't drain that didn't sit well. I like to take long relaxing showers but when you can only be in there for 2 minutes until it starts flowing over in to the bathroom area I was a bit frustrated.

Finally here comes the part that really grossed me out...I was laying in bed and went to pull open the drawer in the night stand to set my ipad down for the night and inside the drawer was a piece of a huge rotted toe nail. It was massive!...So nasty! Even the thought right now makes me heive a little bit. We are not the type of people that want to complain to the staff while we are on vacation, we have better things to do with our time. Maybe we would have mentioned something upon check out but I wasn't about to stand in line for an hour just to complain.

So all in all we had fun and enjoyed our trip but the room was a dissapointment for sure. Next time we will probably try staying next door at the Cosmopolitian.

I bet that claw is still in that drawer and I am sorry for the next guest that gets that surprise...yucky! Watch out for room 19036.

-Justin

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Justin G
Dear Justin,

Thank you for choosing ARIA as your resort destination. I am delighted to see you appreciated your experiences within our casino floor and revitalizing pool deck, as well as your delectable meal at Javier’s.

Although your stay was pleasant, I regret to learn that the overall cleanliness of your guestroom had dampened your visit at our property. We work hard to provide a setting that delivers luxury for our guests and I truly apologize for your disappointing experience. I would like to take this opportunity to learn more about your experience and ensure that this does not reoccur at our property. My Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to obtain additional information. We look forward to reviewing your comments and rectifying this matter in a timely manner.

Warmest regards,

Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We went to Aria in Las Vegas as the first stop on our honeymoon! We only stayed for 3 days, (4 nights) but I hope to give you as much information as I can on the hotel and our other Las Vegas experiences.
For a start the Taxi queue outside the airport was very slick, someone was controlling the taxis, there are lots of them that just keep pulling up, just what you need after getting off our 10 hour virgin flight from london. However, we were charged $30 for a taxi, and only $14 on the way home so next time we are going to look into getting a taxi arranged through virgin.
The hotel itself looked so Impressive when pulling up, make sure you get dropped off close to reception though, as we had quite a walk with all our luggage.
Check in at 3pm wasn't too bad compared to other reviews, 5 or 6 people in front of us in the queue, it took about 15-20 mins to get to the front of the line.
I had requested a city view room a week earlier via email even though we had only booked a standard room and we were given 54th floor with the most amazing view-see pic so I really thank Aria for complying with our request, as this was our honeymoon, it made it extra special.

Word of warning about the life, It goes VERY fast! I have vertigo and it did play havoc with it, especially when people stopped it at different floors,but I had to get over it. You feel like you've left your stomach at the bottom and your feet feel like they are being pushed up when you stop. Of all the reviews I've read, I don't think anyone mentioned the lift, so maybe it was just my vertigo that made it feel bad.

Our room 54110 was near the lift, only about 8 rooms down the corridor, which was great! Curtains opening when you walked in was cool!! To see the amazing view after a long trip here was spectacular!
The lights and curtains were controlled by a tablet at the side of the bed, which we had no problem working.
The bathroom was the nicest bathroom I have ever seen in a hotel, with a bath and huge shower, his and hers sinks, and really great smelling products!
It's a shame there is no fridge for personal items, because in the vegas heat it would be nice to have somewhere to store your water, milk for cereal (because breakfast can be expensive, and if you are like us, you want to get out and explore straight away, so just need a bowl of cereal and some fruit to get you going.)
I could not fault housekeeping, our room was spotless every day and we were left free macaroons which was a lovely touch.
The bed has been mentioned by lots of people, but it literally was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! After a long day walking the vegas strip this was AMAZING to come back to because you just sunk into it.

The Shop in Aria is very expensive but we got some really nice gifts for our family, go to Walgreens down the road for snacks and drinks (there are lots of Walgreens you will come across but we found they were all on the opposite side of the street to Aria, just something to note.)

Aria breakfast cafe was great for breakfast, and not TOO expensive, $28 for 2 breakfast bagels, a regular coffee and a regular iced coffee. We had this twice during our stay and sat outside by the waterfall and talked about where to go that day, watched nice cars etc, it was a great way to start the day.
For a quick and cheap bite to eat, whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner exit right by the cafe and walk through to Monte Carlo to the 'street of dreams' for mc donalds, subway etc.

We didn't get to use the pool this time, it didn't open till 10am, and by then we were out and about and closed at 6pm by the time we got back.

The Free wifi at the hotel worked great, we face timed family at home and never had any problems with connection etc.
We had a few electrical problems in our room during our stay, we couldn't turn the tall standing lamp on, so we phoned down to reception and they sent someone from maintenance within 15 minutes. The maintenance guy was really friendly, asking us lots of questions about the UK, saying he had been a few years ago. The bulb kept blowing but he kept returning until it was fixed, great service.

The hotel is breathtaking, everywhere you look there is something impressive. We had great service throughout our stay. We gambled $5 each in the casino (we wanted to spend our money on other things, rather than gambling, and we showed that it is possible to have a great time in Vegas without gambling. The Aria casino was one of the nicest we went in, purely because the smell of smoke isn't too strong. My husband and I don't smoke and found that it was best to go in the casinos during the day, when there were less people because the smell of smoke wasn't so bad. (Little tip for the non-smokers out there)

A few general things to note
See my review on michael Jacksons cirque du soleil (best show ever!)
We bought tickets before we got to vegas from the official Mandalay bay website which took us to ticketmaster. We bought a cheap tickets, and got to the theatre at opening time. We were then moved further forward because not all seats were sold so we had an even better view!
It was better than any london show I've seen.
You must dedicate some time to visit Bellagio. The fountains -made me cry, they were so beautiful, emotional and breathtaking and that was when it really sunk in that we were in Vegas. Also the conservatory, which has the most beautiful smelling flowers. Go to Jean Philipe patisserie in bellagio at least 24 hours before your flight, you can order food and it will be made up for you to collect, ready for your onward flight.
The wynn has some beautiful flowers inside, made into a merry go round, great picture spot.
Ceasars statues show inside the forum shops was great, stand outside Abercrombie and Fitch and wait, well worth. Cyprus market, which is inside ceasars palace hotel was great for food, reasonable price and lots for your money, calm and quiet, free refills when you buy a drink, make your own salad for $12.

There is LOTS of walking, (yes you can get monorails or taxis but sometimes you will miss things) so wear trainers, 3 days wasn't enough for us to see everywhere because we didn't see everything. We managed to get to Mandalay bay, Luxor, Excalibur, New York New York, Monte Carlo, bellagio, ceasars palace, the mirage, treasure island, wynn, encore, Venetian and MGM. We also visited the fashion show mall, the forum shops, crystals shopping centre and the Venetian shops, and saw michael jackson cirque du soleil, all within our 3 days but we were exhausted!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Sophie G
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Sophie,

Thank you for celebrating such a momentous occasion here at ARIA. I truly appreciate the amount of detail that you have shared pertaining to your stay. From the view within your striking 54th floor guestroom to the award-winning Five Diamond service that you received from a multitude of our staff, I am delighted to see that we have superseded your expectations.

Additionally, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with your guestroom lamp. I am pleased to see that our staff was able to remedy the situation in a timely manner and with poise. Furthermore, please know that if you wish to have a refrigerator for personal usage during your stay, one may be requested upon the securing of your reservation or with the front desk. In addition, all of our suites are equipped with a personal refrigerator at no incremental charge. Thank you again for your valuable feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to ARIA on a future stay.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We visited the aria on the way home from trip to visit friends in Canada. I must say it's a fab hotel! So many great restaurants , shopping , bars. Staff are very friendly and rooms are very nice. On arrival we had chocolate covered strawberries to our room ☺️ . Very easy to find your way around this hotel as some of the Vegas hotels are impossible lol. Decor is amazing and so clean. Would stay again ☺️

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Jessica B
Dear Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your positive experience. It is a pleasure to read that you appreciated your delicious in-room amenity, the overall aesthetics of ARIA’s design, and that you have left with an everlasting impression. I would be elated to welcome you back.

Winnipeg
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We are just finishing up our second stay in under a year. The Aria is our favourite resort on the strip. From the moment you check in to the fantastic rooms. The pizza by the slice at Five 50 is the best way to end the night. We stayed for a whole week and really took time to relax. I always purchase pillow cases and towels to take home to continue the luxury at home. The only reason I gave 4 stars and not 5 was because they have cut back on the lovely scent they used to put in the air. It really was the start of the experience. Now the smell of smoke is in the air. It really is sad. That is really the only downside .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank LouisVwinnipeg
Dear Louis,

Thank you for returning to ARIA. It is marvelous that your stay was filled with paramount representations of the comfort and luxury we strive to provide our guests. I also enjoyed reading that you continuously purchase our guestroom amenities in an effort to elevate the level of tranquility you experience at home. Please know that all of your feedback, including your comments regarding Five50 Pizza and our custom ventilation system, offers us great insight about our resort. Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you and you friends back in the future.

Bay Area, CA
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights. The property is very nice and the rooms look great. The staff is wonderfully nice. But the placement of the hotel is off. Its offset against the strip and kind of away from anything more than a block away. They definitely keep you on the property. The breadth of restaurants is on the mid to higher end. Low end you're stuck with average pizza.

Room: the bed was way too soft. Uncomfortably soft. Unfortunately bothersome for me. Both bathroom sinks were clogged and drained slowly but it'll get fixed now.

I'd venture out and stay at different properties before I'd come back. Just a convenience thing. Its a great hotel just not one that worked for me personally.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear James,

It is wonderful to hear how our modern resort aesthetics and devoted employees created an engaging visit for you. Additionally, please know that I take all guest comments seriously and appreciate your remarks, including those pertaining to our guestroom mattresses and dining availability. At ARIA, we rely greatly on feedback as part of our continual effort to improve our overall guest experience. Thank you again, and I hope you will allow ARIA the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Kind regards,