“Amazing Hotel!”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #20 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I was simply the best hotel experience I've ever had.... and I've been around, trust me! great hotel, great staff, great amenities! Definitely will return soon!
Great room and bathroom, had a small window but I was advised first and did not matter to me.... Most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.

Room Tip: Great room and bathroom, had a small window but I was advised first and did not matter to me.... Mos...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Amable,

It is always exciting to read positive feedback from our guests’ as it lets me know that we are holding true to our philosophy of providing extraordinary guest experiences. I am thrilled to see your stay was exceptional, and that you were captivated with our resort offerings and your luxurious guestroom bedding. Please know that you may purchase our special Sealy bedding through our resort website, as well as in our Elements Gift Shop on property.

Thank you for your generous remarks, and I look forward to your return.

Warmest regards,

Executive Director of Hotel Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (25,029)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

As a building and for the facilities the Aria has I would have expected to be rating it at least a 4, but based on the service we experienced, the hotel's position, cleanliness and view we had I have scored it only a 3. I'll expand on each of these points;

Service - the bell desk and concierge were absolutely fine, but the guy who checked us in (I won't name him) was extremely precious and completely up himself. There was no warm welcome, not even a smile and to be honest I think he thought checking in this British family was beneath him. There are far too many staff wandering around the casino floor wearing frowns and I even had a croupier speak to me sarcastically. No room 'turn down' service and the mini bar is also outrageously priced; pure exploitation. We also had just 1 shower gel and 1 shampoo in a room with 3 sharing. When you check in at 2pm and are going to be showering twice each before the maid comes in that's a bit poor. I rang down for extra which to be fair was brought up in 10 minutes.

Position / View - When I was last in Vegas (2008) most of the area from Monte Carlo up to Bellagio was under construction and it was a fairly straightforward walk along that part of the stretch. Now it is a fairly long walk to get through Crystals to the North side particularly. OK you can get on the free tram, but it has only 1 stop either side of Aria (to Monte Carlo or the rear of Bellagio). By the 2nd day we were bored of walking through Crystals. From the 29th floor we had a view that was dominated by the residential Veer Towers which is 1 of the least attractive properties on the strip in my opinion and it is a side view of the strip (you can see a bit left, but not much and more right including Monte Carlo, New York New York and part of MGM Grand), but it doesn't compare with a down strip or Bellagio Fountains view. It was more impressive at night, but lacked wow factor.

Cleanliness - 3 long hairs on pillows was not a nice find and not what you would expect of a top Vegas hotel. I wish I had said something as I may have got comp'd something, but given the attitude of some of the staff, perhaps not...

I know this has been a bit of a whinge so I'll end with some positives. We ate at Todd English's P.U.B. (between Aria and Crystals) and Five50 and the food quality was excellent in both. Aria casino was vast and very clean. The pool area is huge and even in August had plenty of available beds. My son used the fitness centre and said it was great. Vegas is still a place I would keep going back to, but Aria would not be my choice.

Room Tip: We were on the 29th floor and I would think a higher floor would provide a better view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark T
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

While I am delighted to see you enjoyed our gourmet pizza restaurant Five50, our tranquil pool deck, and expansive Fitness Center, it is also concerning to read about the level of service of you received from members of our staff. I sincerely apologize for your experience as this is certainly not indicative of the standards we strive to provide, and I want to assure you that all of your comments will be shared with our team for future improvements.

Thank you for your valuable feedback, and I hope to welcome you back to ARIA in the future.

With gratitude,

Bobbi Bensley
Director of Guest Relations

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I went to Vegas really looking forward to staying at the 5* Aria but were left generally disappointed by our experience.

Our visit started with a 55 minute wait to check in. I know this is a big hotel but halfway through check in 4 of the 8 people working on the shelf, seemingly for a break or shift change at 4.15pm on a really busy Friday afternoon! This was really frustrating after a long drive through the desert.

Our room was a good size and very clean but on the 6th floor overlooking the air conditioning (or some other mechanical) units which let out a constant hum all day and night. The flat screen IPad type remote worked intermittently after pressing the same button again and again.

What made the location of our room worse was that we had been in contact with Aria before we left home to tell them we were on our honeymoon. The response I got was really positive and said we would have a room upgrade and that they were delighted that we had chosen to stay there. They did add the disclaimer that this upgrade would be based on availability but when asked politely at the reception desk our check in agent said she knew nothing about it before dumping us in a room miles from the lifts on the 6th floor. Thanks for that, real 5* customer services.

Aesthetically the hotel is very nice but busy and a bit of a maze. Expect to walk a long way to your room (of course through the casino every single time) and ask to be up high if possible.

Dining at the hotel was varied in terms of cuisine but not in price. We ate at other resorts such as the Venetian and MGM which offer high end as well as cheap eats. The Aria only seems to have very expensive restaurants.

We wont be staying here again, especially with so many other class establishments on the strip. Having stayed at lots of other 5* hotels in Vegas and across the world, the Aria fell very short of expected standards based on the experience and service we received.

Room Tip: Nothing below the 10th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ajh999

Thank you for choosing ARIA. I am delighted to read you were pleased with the size of your guestroom; however, it is also concerning to learn of the negative aspects of your visit. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and would like to gain additional details about your stay. As your reservation is not linked to Trip Advisor, our Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to gather more information.

Thank you again, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My entire experience at ARIA was wonderful. The rooms were well appointed. Great view. Immediate assistance when we called for it. Only thing is that the room service was not very timely. The valet service and bell hop service were exceptional. When we checked in we were provided with just about everything we requested. c

Room Tip: Don't expect your room to be serviced on a timely manner
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lucy,

Thank you so much for posting your review and for choosing ARIA as your resort destination. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, in addition to your luxurious guestroom offering breathtaking views of Las Vegas and the paramount service provided to you by our Valet and Bell Services staff.

Additionally, please know that your comments pertaining to Housekeeping are very valuable and are well noted.

Thank you for your kind sentiments, and I anticipate your return.

Best regards,

Bobbi Bensley
Director of Guest Relations

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Our family of four stayed in two interconnecting rooms which were facing away from the strip. The rooms were clean and extremely comfortable, my two teenage girls especially loved the five star touches, technology and wet room style bathroom. The hotel was very busy when we arrived so we queued for some time to check in although the staff were doing their best to get people through as quickly as possible and were apologising for the wait. The member of staff who served us made sure we has interconnecting rooms which was very convenient for a family. There are many options for dining in the hotel but also long lines at the most popular. We had breakfast at the buffet one morning and it was a real experience even though we had to wait inline to get in. The pool area is very good with loads of loungers and three pools so it didn't feel crowded. The only feature I would have liked in the room was tea and coffee making facilities, its a long way from the 22nd floor to get a cuppa first thing in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for the best room available and they really will do their best
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan66UK

Dear Jan,

I am elated to see that you and your family had a wonderful stay and were impressed with your innovative guestroom accommodations, our array of dining options, and the excellent service provided to you by members of our friendly staff. Since we have opened our doors we have been committed to employing the best talent there is and I am glad that you were able to experience this first-hand.

Additionally, I would like to thank you for your patience during registration and at our Buffet. Please know that all of your comments, including those on coffee makers, are well noted and will be shared with our team.

Thank you for your notable review, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had a fabulous corner suite with fantastic views! The staff was amazing!!! Make sure to try the Carrot Cake Martini @ The Deuce Lounge.

If I had to complain about something, it would be the provided toiletries. I realize that this may be petty, but with such a nice property the shampoo, soap, etc. was so not desirable that I went to the store to buy some for myself. This was the first time we did NOT "liberate" the bathroom items. We stayed at Costa d'Este in Vero Beach and loved those items (we might go back just to get more!)

Like I said, if I had to nit pick that would be it. Otherwise GREAT ROOM!! and the Casino floor was awesome!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John S

Dear John,

It is magnificent to know that the astounding views of your corner suite, along with our devoted employees, provided you with many unforgettable memories of your stay. Also, I enjoyed reading how the unique cocktails of our Deuce Lounge introduced you to a refreshing experience. Please know that all of your comments, including those about our guestroom amenities, offer valuable insight into our resort. I will absolutely share your feedback with the appropriate departments for review. Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here using MyVegas free nights. Check-in on a Tuesday evening was quick (10 minutes) and the clerk coped well with combining our four separate reservation numbers. We got a room on the 16th floor with a view of the pool and a glimpse of the back of MC and Mandalay Bay, so we had some LV neon lights at night.

We had one breakfast and one lunch at the buffet - both excellent and the lunch especially was good value. Early morning coffee and pastries from Jean-Philippe patisserie were expensive but the croissant was probably the best I've had (and I have eaten many in France!)

We had one disturbing incident when someone from housekeeping barged into our room at 3.45am and woke us up (especially irritating as we were jet lagged and had just got back to sleep). He was very apologetic, saying that the system showed the room was empty. I reported it to the front desk in the morning in case our room keys needed resetting and they immediately applied a $50 food credit to the room, which I thought was a fair response to the issue.

The pool area was lovely and not too crowded. We were out there by 8am every morning and had the pick of the loungers. The sun gets to the furthest off pool first.

The casino wasn't particularly kind to us, but the cocktail waitress service was pretty good.

This is a classy establishment with very good service in all the areas we utilised.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank superhoops

Thank you for the remarkable review. I am delighted that the enticing rewards you secured through our innovative myVEGAS app allowed you the opportunity to indulge at our tranquil pools and delectable restaurants, specifically Jean Philippe Patisserie and The Buffet.

However, please accept my sincere apologies for the circumstances you encountered with our Housekeeping department. While I regret this instance, I am pleased that you were able to absorb our award-winning Five Diamond service throughout the rest of your stay. Thank you again, and I look forward to your return visit.

Kind regards,