“AMAZING”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #15 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 17 August 2014

As a 2 weeks trip around the west coast of America for my mums 50th birthday we stayed in Vegas for 4 nights. When booking this hotel and seeing the reviews we were all really excited to stay. From the moment you walk in the hotel to check in it is amazing and your left speechless. Everything about this hotel is amazing and they staff are also some of the best. When going into our room the curtains opened and the view of the strip was amazing. Vegas in itself is amazing but staying in this hotel really was brilliant. If you going to Vegas for the first time and don't bet but want to have ago keep to the slot machines, they are so much fun. Also I would 100% say you need to go to the Gran Canyon...it is out of this world. All in all I cant say a bad word about this hotel it is truly one of the most amazing places I've ever been. Keep up the good work guys & thank you for making my mums birthday a day to remember.

Room Tip: I would recommend requesting a high floor room facing the strip for the best view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lozzax
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for posting your review and for choosing ARIA as your resort destination to celebrate such a momentous occasion. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay, in addition to the beauty of our three-story glass lobby, the welcome you received upon entering your guestroom, and the award-winning Five Diamond service extended to you by our staff. At ARIA, our goal is to create the single most memorable resort experience in the world and I am delighted to know we have left you with an everlasting impression. Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,

There are newer reviews for ARIA Resort & Casino

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at Aria for the third time and still love the hotel. I love everything about this hotel (even the casino although it could be nicer to me). We stayed in a standard double queen room and thought they were large and very decorated and equipped. Our two previous stays have been in corner suites. If your there during the warm weather the pool is a must. It's one of the best in Vegas. This hotel is definitely a excellent property and worth five stars, but I had to knock it down one star. We arrived on a Friday evening, the first time we have arrived on a Friday, and had a seamless check-in. It always helps to be able to use the invited guests check-in desk. The problem occurred when waiting for our bag to get brought up to our rooms. I know we probably shouldn't have bell hopped the bags, but we were traveling with a lot of luggage as this was part of a two week vacation. Once getting to our room we waited 75 minutes for our bags to be brought up to our room. After waiting 45 minutes, when we were first told 30 minutes, I called bell service and was told there was no record of our request, even though I was speaking to the same employee. I was told we would be placed as a VIP and would be the next to receive our bags. It still took almost thirty minutes, and two more phone calls (one unanswered) to get our bags. If you ever need to check your bag at Aria be prepared to wait a while. Overall, it is one of the best hotels in Las Vegas with great dining options, a large casino, and great facilities. It's absolutely worth the extra money to stay at Aria. I will definitely be staying there again, especially if the room is comped, but we may be going over to Bellagio for our next visit to Vegas.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mendez2254

Thank you for your candid feedback and continued patronage. I am elated to see your check-in was seamless and that you thoroughly enjoy the amenities and aesthetics within your guestroom. Furthermore, I appreciate your recommendation of our vast 215,000-square-foot pool deck complete with 3 main pools (heated to 82 degrees), 3 Jacuzzis and 34 cabanas.

Although you enjoyed your stay, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with our Bell Desk. Please know that we take all guest comments seriously and that I will absolutely be sure to share your review with the appropriate department heads. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to ARIA on a future stay.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

While checking in we asked if we could have adjoining rooms with our other family members checking in at the same time. This was not available however we were told that we could have a room on the same floor. We would just have to wait for it to be cleaned and that it shouldn't take more than an hour. We saw the cleaning crew cleaning 3 rooms on the floor and just knew our room would be ready soon.. It took about 2 hours before we were notified that the room was ready and was 22 floors alway from our family's room. I thought calling to speak to the manager would help but he could careless, no apologies or anything. He just informed us that we could not be accommodated because other guests destroyed the room that was holding for us. Other than that experience, the hotel is very nice and the rooms were clean with wonderful views.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Shalia B
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Shalia,

Thank you for choosing ARIA. I am delighted you appreciated the stunning views from your luxurious guestroom; however, I sincerely apologize for the circumstance you encountered upon arrival and I would like to learn more about your experience. My Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to obtain more information about your visit.

Thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was supposed to be a hotel priding itself in being a hi-tech haven. Except for a big tabletop remote to open the drapes and turn on lights I saw very little that was significant about it. What was pretty poor was the customer service on property. My daughter fell and was injured near one of the pools. Not only did no one come out to help, but an employee even walked by and around us, while my daughter was on the ground with us trying to stop the bleeding from her knee. We went to the towel cabana and no one there knew what to do. We took care of first aid ourselves, and when I went to seek out a manager at the front desk about the problem, they apologized and said they would send a treat up to our room. Well, they did send up champagne and strawberries (we were there to celebrate her and her cousin's 21st birthdays) and were even nice enough to charge us over $60 on our bill for it. But they waited to include the charges on our bill until we had checked out, and sent them by email. After nearly an hour of conversation and being on hold they finally agreed to take the charge off the bill. We booked Aria on a recommendation from our travel agent, so I informed her of the issue and told her that if she ever recommended such a loser spot again we'd find another travel agent! I wouldn't return to the Aria if it was free.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Tjgreen1313

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at ARIA Resort & Casino. I apologize that your experience was not entirely satisfactory and I would like to conduct further research about your stay. My Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to gather more details.

Thank you again, and I look forward to your response.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I was simply the best hotel experience I've ever had.... and I've been around, trust me! great hotel, great staff, great amenities! Definitely will return soon!
Great room and bathroom, had a small window but I was advised first and did not matter to me.... Most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.

Room Tip: Great room and bathroom, had a small window but I was advised first and did not matter to me.... Mos...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Amable,

It is always exciting to read positive feedback from our guests’ as it lets me know that we are holding true to our philosophy of providing extraordinary guest experiences. I am thrilled to see your stay was exceptional, and that you were captivated with our resort offerings and your luxurious guestroom bedding. Please know that you may purchase our special Sealy bedding through our resort website, as well as in our Elements Gift Shop on property.

Thank you for your generous remarks, and I look forward to your return.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

As a building and for the facilities the Aria has I would have expected to be rating it at least a 4, but based on the service we experienced, the hotel's position, cleanliness and view we had I have scored it only a 3. I'll expand on each of these points;

Service - the bell desk and concierge were absolutely fine, but the guy who checked us in (I won't name him) was extremely precious and completely up himself. There was no warm welcome, not even a smile and to be honest I think he thought checking in this British family was beneath him. There are far too many staff wandering around the casino floor wearing frowns and I even had a croupier speak to me sarcastically. No room 'turn down' service and the mini bar is also outrageously priced; pure exploitation. We also had just 1 shower gel and 1 shampoo in a room with 3 sharing. When you check in at 2pm and are going to be showering twice each before the maid comes in that's a bit poor. I rang down for extra which to be fair was brought up in 10 minutes.

Position / View - When I was last in Vegas (2008) most of the area from Monte Carlo up to Bellagio was under construction and it was a fairly straightforward walk along that part of the stretch. Now it is a fairly long walk to get through Crystals to the North side particularly. OK you can get on the free tram, but it has only 1 stop either side of Aria (to Monte Carlo or the rear of Bellagio). By the 2nd day we were bored of walking through Crystals. From the 29th floor we had a view that was dominated by the residential Veer Towers which is 1 of the least attractive properties on the strip in my opinion and it is a side view of the strip (you can see a bit left, but not much and more right including Monte Carlo, New York New York and part of MGM Grand), but it doesn't compare with a down strip or Bellagio Fountains view. It was more impressive at night, but lacked wow factor.

Cleanliness - 3 long hairs on pillows was not a nice find and not what you would expect of a top Vegas hotel. I wish I had said something as I may have got comp'd something, but given the attitude of some of the staff, perhaps not...

I know this has been a bit of a whinge so I'll end with some positives. We ate at Todd English's P.U.B. (between Aria and Crystals) and Five50 and the food quality was excellent in both. Aria casino was vast and very clean. The pool area is huge and even in August had plenty of available beds. My son used the fitness centre and said it was great. Vegas is still a place I would keep going back to, but Aria would not be my choice.

Room Tip: We were on the 29th floor and I would think a higher floor would provide a better view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JMT1202

While I am delighted to see you enjoyed our gourmet pizza restaurant Five50, our tranquil pool deck, and expansive Fitness Center, it is also concerning to read about the level of service of you received from members of our staff. I sincerely apologize for your experience as this is certainly not indicative of the standards we strive to provide, and I want to assure you that all of your comments will be shared with our team for future improvements.

Thank you for your valuable feedback, and I hope to welcome you back to ARIA in the future.

With gratitude,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I went to Vegas really looking forward to staying at the 5* Aria but were left generally disappointed by our experience.

Our visit started with a 55 minute wait to check in. I know this is a big hotel but halfway through check in 4 of the 8 people working on the shelf, seemingly for a break or shift change at 4.15pm on a really busy Friday afternoon! This was really frustrating after a long drive through the desert.

Our room was a good size and very clean but on the 6th floor overlooking the air conditioning (or some other mechanical) units which let out a constant hum all day and night. The flat screen IPad type remote worked intermittently after pressing the same button again and again.

What made the location of our room worse was that we had been in contact with Aria before we left home to tell them we were on our honeymoon. The response I got was really positive and said we would have a room upgrade and that they were delighted that we had chosen to stay there. They did add the disclaimer that this upgrade would be based on availability but when asked politely at the reception desk our check in agent said she knew nothing about it before dumping us in a room miles from the lifts on the 6th floor. Thanks for that, real 5* customer services.

Aesthetically the hotel is very nice but busy and a bit of a maze. Expect to walk a long way to your room (of course through the casino every single time) and ask to be up high if possible.

Dining at the hotel was varied in terms of cuisine but not in price. We ate at other resorts such as the Venetian and MGM which offer high end as well as cheap eats. The Aria only seems to have very expensive restaurants.

We wont be staying here again, especially with so many other class establishments on the strip. Having stayed at lots of other 5* hotels in Vegas and across the world, the Aria fell very short of expected standards based on the experience and service we received.

Room Tip: Nothing below the 10th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ajh999

Thank you for choosing ARIA. I am delighted to read you were pleased with the size of your guestroom; however, it is also concerning to learn of the negative aspects of your visit. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and would like to gain additional details about your stay. As your reservation is not linked to Trip Advisor, our Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to gather more information.

Thank you again, and I look forward to hearing from you.