“Better for the price”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Tasmania
“Better for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

We just spent 7 nights at this hotel. On arrival I asked about an upgrade and was told that the hotel was at capacity for that night but that we would be able to get one by phoning reception at 10am next morning, well no luck, and it was the same for the next two days so we gave up and made do with our room. Our room was of an average standard for a supposed five star complex, the problem was that when we checked into our room they had failed to dust it and could have given the carpet a better vacuumn. Cleaning was a bit of hit and miss but we coped.
Like all of the Resorts you need to access them through the Casinos, and wade your way through serious smoke.
We had several meals at the Hotel and found that that also was hit and miss. One day it could be really fresh,tasty and attractively presented and the next time so so.
Having reservations for several nights, which finished around 10.30 pm we were looking for an area in hotel somewhere for a few drinks before bed. Most nights just gave up as the heavy cigar smokers come out in force by that time. I understand that it is a Casino and that a lot of gamblers are smokers also, but it would be wonderful if an area was allocated to those of us who like to have drinks without reeking of tobacco smoke next day
We found a wonderful lounge at Vdara next door,which is a non smoking hotel with no Casino.
Fabulous, would stay there on next visit.
Breakfast buffet was good but we were shocked to find that the price almost doubled on the Friday before the Labour Day weekend as they said it was a holiday price. I would have thought it would have started on the Saturday. Staff were ok but only gave very basic service unless you were a very big tipper.
Would I recommend this Resort Hotel, yes I would but do not have any serious expectations of it being anything special.
I also note that other reviewers have mentioned the beds as being so very comfortable. They should try the beds at a Sofitel or a dedicated Marriott hotel, now they are what I call comfortable.
We also had problems with drunken guests fighting and arguing in the passage in the early hours of the morning, between 3 and 5 am. We were on the 16th floor and had a room closer to the elevators which could have explained some of the noise.

Room Tip: Further away from the elevators
Green Features: They do seem to be concerned with the environment and actively encourage conservation of energy resources.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. Your comments regarding our initiatives in sustainability are highly esteemed. However, it is concerning to know that some aspects of your stay were not to your satisfaction.

Additionally, I would like to apologize for any circumstances that were encountered with the quality of your guestroom and our Buffet. Please know your input is greatly appreciated and will be shared with the rest of our team.

Thank you again and I hope for the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Executive Director of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,292)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

My husband and I chose the Aria to celebrate our belated 5 year anniversary and had a great stay. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful in each area of the hotel. The deluxe room we stayed in was clean, great view of the strip, the bathroom had a shower & tub which I loved & the bed was so comfy. We enjoyed the $50 food credit we received each day and it allowed us to try a few of the restaurants. The food in the Aria was a little pricey but we had expected this. We had a lovely anniversary dinner at Sirio which was some of the best Italian I've had in my life so it was worth the price. My husband really wanted brunch at the Buffet, he loved all the food selections and left stuffed. The only restaurant that I found was over priced was the Aria Cafe, it was just average food but at an above average price. The pools were nice, nothing fancy but a great place to cool down on the hot days. The service at the pool was quick and friendly. I would definitely recommend the Aria and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for selecting ARIA for your special anniversary celebration. I am delighted to know you were able to experience so many of the luxurious amenities in your deluxe room and that you were pleased with the comforting touches designed to enhance your stay. I am also elated that you found so much enjoyment at our dining selections such as the Buffet and Sirio, and the greatest level of service from our gracious Pool staff.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful remarks and I look forward to welcoming you back to ARIA.

Kind regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Nice modern hotel but expect to carry your own bags or you'll be waiting a long time. Our check in was also delayed so we had to spend time in the bar after a long flight. The steakhouse in the hotel had great food! Casino is a little dark and dingy compared to say Encore. Rooms are lovely but their beds are terribly uncomfortable which after 4 days starts to get annoying. All up though a nice hotel with nice facilities. If you dress nicely you will be rewarded with free passes to their clubs (hubby and I were given them daily while just walking around the casino). If you are gambling they will offer you free drinks every 10 minutes ALL night. I stuck to water after a while because I couldn't keep up!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Rhonda,

Thank you for choosing ARIA for your visit to Las Vegas. It is exciting to learn you found our resort top notch and the service of our Cocktail Services staff to be very much to your liking.

Also, please know that your comments regarding check-in and the bed in your guestroom will be shared with our team. Your feedback is truly appreciated and I highly anticipate your next visit.

Best regards,

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

The Aria is a great hotel in Las Vegas. Beautiful, great location & amenities. Excellent value for the price. They have wonderful pools, fitness center, spa,shopping and restaurants. The entire staff is very courteous and attentive to your needs. The property is kept in immaculate condition and the rooms are spotless.

Room Tip: If available, upgrade to a corner suite.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Bob,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am thrilled you were enthralled with many aspects of your stay, including the hospitable service and alluring amenities. At ARIA, we strive to be the single most significant resort experience in the world, and it is pleasing that our efforts did not go unnoticed. Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon.

With gratitude,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Truly a top hotel, rooms are large including a large bathroom, in the middle of the strip easy walk to all casinos and attractions, we only ate at the Tom English pub and the meals and drinks are reasonable during happy hour. The casino bars unless gambling are overpriced, a cup of tea in the lobby bar was $6 for black tea and $12 for Earle grey. The cafe was reasonable and prices much more normal.

Would stay again in the drop of a hat.

Dear Colin,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. It is delightful to know that the grandeur of your guestroom, along with our convenient location, created an environment of comfort and luxury for you. Additionally, I am elated that you had the opportunity to sample an assortment of our bars and restaurants, including Todd English P.U.B. within The Shops at Crystals. Please know that I greatly appreciate all of your comments, and I look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay.

Best regards,

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

My husband and i stayed at the ARIA earlier this year and were so glad we did! The room was incredible!! the most comfortable bed i think we have ever slept in :) the atmosphere of the hotel was amazing too..always something to do and it doesn't have that gross smokey smell (yet) like the other hotels..we will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kristi,

Thank you for allowing ARIA to host your honeymoon celebration. It is marvelous to know that the custom-designed mattress in your guestroom exceeded your expectations of our resort. I am also ecstatic that our innovative displacement ventilation system further enhanced the pleasure you encountered with our contemporary ambiance. Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back for many anniversaries in the future.

Kind regards,

Westfield, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

I was assigned to the Aria as part of a company meeting. I found the room to be very nice and comfortable. The technology was fun as well. Especially liked how the curtains opened when i came into the room. It was also a very quiet environment.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Brent,

It is fantastic to know that the Control4 technology in your guestroom offered you the opportunity to personalize your experience at ARIA. Thank you for sharing how this unique asset to our resort made your business endeavors more remarkable. Your positive feedback lets me know that we are successfully providing our guests with extraordinary moments and unforgettable instances. Thank you again, and I look forward to your next company visit.