“Our stay was good”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Indiana
“Our stay was good”
Reviewed 25 February 2010

By now you should know this is a modern themed hotel. They used a lot of darks colors for their walls which doesn’t give it a bright and shining look. I can say that we felt like it was a clean, comfortable working hotel. I will mention that check in was fairly quick at 2:30 pm and check out was just as quick at 6:45 am. Valet service only seemed to take 3 to 5 minutes. I thought that was good. I’m afraid I can’t speak to the food at the Aria because we are on the frugal side and we always ventured elsewhere to eat. I would recommend the Monte Carlo for breakfast. And it’s just a short walk, all on the inside, from the Aria.

Now for the not so good, was that I couldn’t figure out how to turn the TV off without doing the “Blackout Room”. The touch screen remote was not scary though I did leave the wife in the dark once in the bathroom. I heard about it pretty quick though. That is more on me than the remote screen. I believe she was doing make-up or curling her hair at that moment. We did survive it though. If we go back I would stay for that price again.

So if you like the Bellagio then stay there, personally I like the Venetian but we just couldn’t pass up the deal on the Aria this time. $671 for 4 nights, 2 adults with non-stop air through Southwest.

1 Thank gashouse47

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,328)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
socal
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We are frequent travelers to the Las Vegas area and wanted to try the new hotel, we were not disappointed! From check-in to check out we were taken care of to the last detail. We were in town for a National cheer competition for our daughter and had very odd hours, we checked into the hotel around 3pm and our room was not ready, we were offered another room, however, we were traveling with friends and wanted to be on the same floor with them, so we opted to wait. It was worth it, the rooms were spacious, the view gorgeous, beds and pillows so luxurious you will not want to get out of them! The hotel itself offers so many different places to eat, browse, shop, play, you will not get bored. Go and see for yourself, we are heading back as soon as we can.....oh forgot the casino...loved it! Not to smokey! They had a smell of vanilla - spice maybe, whatever it was it was great, we really enjoyed ourselves. No charge for valet parking every day, that was nice, very easy to get our car and we were in and out several time a day due to the competition being at another hotel. Staff were helpful at every turn. Can't wait to go back! Tip: Make a reservation for BESO restaurant connected to hotel-so good!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank socalluv2travel2010
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 February 2010

I just came back from a stay at the Aria, Saturday through Wednesday. It's a magnificent hotel with fairly luxurious rooms. The service was great and the staff was very courteous.

I see what people mean when they say it doesn't feel Vegas-y - it's contemporary and not themed at all. However, I think it's still very Vegas-y in its excesses, which is what I enjoy about Vegas.

It certainly did feel a little bit like they cut some corners in making the place. The walls were a bit thin - I could hear conversations next door if they stood close to the shared wall and if they were talking loudly. The water tap for the left sink in the bathroom was also off-center slightly, which caused the water to splash out - we opted to share the right-side sink.

The in-room technology was also rather buggy. We were all guys and gals in our 20s who use technology quite a bit in our daily lives (we had a computer science major with us, even), but the panel was a pain to use. The main problem was that the system is underpowered - there's a noticeable lag after each command, and if you make multiple inputs while it's processing your last command, the lags stack up. Very annoying. The good news is that it's easy enough to not use the touch panel and use the regular remote instead.

Those complaints aside, the room was fantastic. The room decorations were very contemporary, which I liked, and there was plenty of space at 520 sq ft. The bathroom was awesome - I've stayed at a few other properties on the strip, including the Venetian and Palazzo, and I think the Aria bathroom was the best I've seen (other than the off-center water tap I mentioned above). It's smaller than the Venetian/Palazzo bathroom and doesn't have an in-bathroom TV, but the tub/shower was amazing. Again, to compare with the Venetian/Palazzo, the room was obviously smaller, but otherwise I actually liked it a lot better - the bed was nicer, the decoration was much smarter. I also liked the twice-a-day housekeeping service - it was nice to be able to go out for the morning/afternoon, come back to a fresh room, then go out again for the evening and return to a fresh room again.

The casino was a little darker than some of the other casinos but not very much so. I think this is a matter of aesthetics - if you like the ultramodern contemporary look and feel of the place, I think you will enjoy the casino's ambiance as well. I did not gamble much at the Aria because it was a little pricey for my group. One thing I'll note as well is that a few of their slots changed games/$ through our stay - I noticed a Crystal Forest penny slot in one area one night, but when we came back it was different game. I'm hoping they're just trying to work out the layout of the slots, because it'd be pretty annoying if they are going to be constantly changing games. There is a noticeable smell in the casino, but it was fairly pleasant and low key, unlike the Venetian where I felt like I was being drowned in flowers.

I really enjoyed the mid-strip location of the Aria. This part is fairly self explanatory and I don't need to tell you Vegas vets why the location is great, but I'd note that the tram that goes from Monte Carlo through Aria to Bellagio was actually very useful - we used it every day, both when we went north and when we went south.

Overall, Aria is one of my new favorite properties on the strip. I love how it looks, I love the rooms, and I love the location. In terms of ranking, I am having a hard time deciding whether I like it better or worse than Palazzo - I really like the aesthetic of Aria and the location, but Palazzo has the edge on the rooms and the gambling (well, not at the Palazzo, but at the Venetian).

I didn't eat or shop at Aria, and I didn't use the pool (wasn't open yet), and I didn't visit any of the other CityCenter properties, so I've got no comment on those topics.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank ejangles
dublin
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Stayed for four nights in February. With regard to the cleanliness of the room, attention to detail left a lot to be desired. Although it is a brand new hotel it is clear that standards will deteriorate rapidly. Firstly our bathroom floor was only washed on the third day of our stay, carpets in bedroom not vacumed at all during our stay, glasses were water stained, no body lotion in the bathroom and there was a large hole in the bed linen. If you are thinking of staying here it would be beneficial to be technologically minded! On the plus side beds are extremely comfortable and this hotel is very central. Also, the buffet restaurant in the hotel is of excellent quality and great value for money. The hotel is really beautiful and luxurious and it is a terrible pity that cleanliness is not up to standard. Also, aside from the hotel I would like to advise travellers to Las Vegas to avoid at all costs the open top tourist bus as it is a complete and utter rip off. I would highly recommend the Elvis show which takes place in the hotel.

2 Thank gurtinard
Anaheim, CA
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We recently spent three nights at the Aria Hotel for a retreat I was attending further up the strip. The hotel itself is nothing special in comparison to other hotels in the mid-Strip area. The room we booked was the standard non-City View room. It was fine but nothing spectacular and we had a "mountain view" which means we faced the freeway and the Palms condos, which was not an issue for us.
On our second night our "techinically advanced" room stopped working. We couldn't turn the lights on or off and we couldn't close the curtains. We called the desk to ask for assistance, waited for half an hour, called again and finally got the front desk to send up a technician to look at the system.
He said it couldn't be fixed that night and we would have to move rooms. He called the front desk and requested us to be moved. We were told a bellboy would come to our room with a set of keys for the new room. We waited. And waited. And waited. I called again and they said they were working on it and he would be there soon. And we waited some more. I called a third time and a desk person said they would meet us at the new room. At this point we had been dealing with the old room being "broken" and the attempt to get into a new room for an hour and a half.
We finally got into our "upgraded" City View room after midnight. City View, unless you pay for a real suite, means you face the condos right in front of the hotel and get a view of the Monte Carlo, through dirty windows. We complained to management the next day about the customer service, which was our real concern, and all we received was a food credit.
We've stayed in many hotels in Vegas, most in the MGM-Mirage group, and have basically been happy with all of them. This doesn't even come close. You are better off spending a few extra dollars a night and staying at the Bellagio or try your luck further up the strip.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank carab78
western US
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We have been to Vegas many times and have stayed in many of the best hotels. This time we selected Aria because we wanted to try the new 5 star hotel. It was a disappointment from the time we arrived. The curbside service was nonexistent. There were no automatic doors at the entry making it difficult to get the luggage inside. The first look inside the lobby is cold and stark not at all what you would expect for a 5 star hotel. The rooms were attractively decorated and a comfortable size but the beds were really soft with no support!! The bathroom was very nice. The new all electronic key pads for turning off the lights or opening the sheers and curtains were completely ridiculous. You could spend several minutes just trying to get the lights on or off. The swimming pool was not even open. Definitely not in the same league as the Bellagio, Wynn, Venetian or even the Mirage.

2 Thank monopoly12
Scottsdale AZ
Reviewed 25 February 2010

I would say I'm a Vegas expert having made about 5 trips per year for the last 22 years. Before this trip I had always told everyone that no place in Vegas could compare with the Venetian but the Aria beats even that property. The basic rooms are not quite as large as the Venetian's but still much larger than a standard room anywhere else. The technology is first class and easy to use. The Casino is very chic but inviting with a very open airy feel. The elevators are the best I've ever used in Vegas..never more than a 1 minute wait and never packed since each floor grouping has 8 lifts and the floor groups are smaller than most other properties. Staff was truely a pleasure and must love their jobs..The buffet ,which is something I rarely do (kind of a food snob), was out of this world...on the weekends it's a champange brunch..full of crab legs, shrimp, rack of lamb, prime rib and all the breakfast goodies..even though it's a buffet the waiter was always around for drink refills and clearing the table. If you drive to Vegas use the North Valet off Harmon...it was a busy weekend but very few people know there is a valet on that side which also puts you very close to the elevators when checking out.. Hands down best hotel/resort in Vegas

2 Thank VegasFan27