“Wonderful Experience at Aria!!!!!!!”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #14 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta
“Wonderful Experience at Aria!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 3 May 2010

My fiancée and I recently had a wonderful stay at Aria Hotel and Casino. I have stayed in almost all of the so called "Top Vegas Strip Hotels" and the experience at Aria far surpassed my accommodations at other resorts. Ill begin with our arrival. We were greeted outside by several very polite and helpful doormen who immediately asked if we needed help with our bags and directed us to the check-in desk. The check-in process was quick, flawless and very informative. Without requesting, the host provided us with a room upgrade which was determined by availability. Several maps of City Center were provided and a very detailed synopsis of the "to dos" at the hotel and Casino were also explained.

Upon arriving to our room and opening the door, the curtains automatically opened and the television and lights automatically turned on to greet us. The in-room touch screen controls are wonderful and control everything from the curtains to television to temperature controls. Very high tech and efficient. No issues there. For those that don’t like the technology, everything can be done manually as well. The bed is absolutely wonderful and a true highlight of the room. The decor is very modern and sleek.

There are many restaurants in Aria to meet almost any desire and taste. Shortly after check-in we ventured around the resort to find a good lunch. We found the lunch buffet on Promenade Level ($23.95) to be surprisingly affordable compared to other Vegas resorts. I can honestly say this was the best buffet I have ever visited. Once seated, our drink orders where quickly taken and lunch began. Everything from Italian and Mexican cuisine to all you can eat crab legs to a full dessert bar with many ice cream flavors were available. It was delicious. We returned a couple days later for dinner ($36.95). The dinner buffet includes the entire buffet once again as well as a whole Lobster per every 2 people as well as unlimited wine. On top of the wonderful selection, all the food was seasoned very well and tasted great.

Several previous reviewers complained about how dark the Casino is presented. I think this overall very "cool" low light presentation is in line with the modern decor of the hotel and fits very very well. There is plenty light in areas where it’s needed such as at all the game tables and slot machines. Great spotlighting on all the tables.

There several pools and an adult only pool located on the Promenade level. The three main pools were designed like a beach complete with the Palm trees and all. Truely the nicest outdoor pool oasis ive seen in Vegas.

Overall, this experience at Aria Hotel and Casino was by far the best resort experience in Vegas. Far surpassing MGM Grand, Cesar’s, Bellagio, Planet Hollywood and others. My next stay in Vegas will definitely bring my back to Aria for another great vacation.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LoveTraveler00

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,425)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed 2 May 2010

We had a great stay. The staff was helpful, cheerfull and made us feel right at home. Would have given our stay a 5 Star with a little more attention to cleanliness - the shower cleanliness just didn't pass muster. The rooms are huge and all the electronics worked great and were quite fascinating. Easy access to the casinos left and right made for great variety. I'd recommend to friends and will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hawaii_visitor63
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 2 May 2010

Check in took 45 minutes. We had reserved two rooms for teens with two beds, but got one bed instead. Just no attention to detail and what we had reserved - sort of like they were just making things up when we got here.

Ordered late night room service which took 90 minutes to get to the room (double their estimate). Food was simply not edible - looked like someone had taken a plate to the food that had been setting out at the buffet for six hours and loaded up a plate. Totally nasty.

Another time, food took two hours to get to the room. When you complain, the operators simply hang up on you. Food at the cafe in the hotel is equally horrid -- cold french fries, soggy sandwiches, etc.

The rooms are nice, but the service sucks - probably among the worst I've ever had at hundreds of hotels over the years. I'd never stay here again. MGM should be ashamed of this hotel and service and the food and room service managers should be fired (or better yet, make them eat the crap they are trying to serve to guests).

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank rclaussen
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed 2 May 2010

I recently traveled to Vegas with two girlfriends. Aria is terrific and different from all the other Vegas hotels. So new and modern and beautiful. The rooms are really, really nice. We asked for adjoining rooms so that was great. The casino is nice and not overwhelming. We played Craps the whole time and never walked away a loser so that was nice. We ate at American Fish, Cafe Vettro, Breezes Cafe, and Lemongrass. ALL were fantastic. It's pricey, but so is everything in Vegas. The location is great. Take the tram to Bellagio and walk to Caesars. Check in/out was a little slow, but really nothing to complain about. The doormen and bell servers were very helpful. The pool was great too! Not huge, but just right. The only two hotels I would ever want to stay at in Vegas are Aria and The Bellagio.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank tlkonczal
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 May 2010

I've never understood why the City Center was ever built. It looks like an average office building in downtown Houston. Anyway, it's no fun. You will cough at the massive smoke everywhere. You will feel like a sardine among throngs of people. You will never have 1 minute of relaxation. And you will lose your money at the end of the day because the blackjack dealer always wins somehow. Instead of going to Aria and regretting every minute, go somewhere else. In fact, go to San Diego, Honolulu, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, San Antonio - anywhere but this town. My rating of Aria Hotel: 1 out of 5 stars.

Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank NoDumbPeople
Saline, MI
Reviewed 2 May 2010

I stayed at the Aria for 3 nighs while attending a conference in Las Vegas. I arrived about 2pm on a Tuesday afternoon and waited about 15 minutes to check in.

The Aria is very classy and upscale and I really liked staying there. I had no problems with the light controls etc. in the beautiful The bed was just a little on the soft side for me but I got used to it.

There was always a security guard standing in front of the bank of elevators. You had to show your room card to go past. One thing that is very efficient about Aria that I don't think anyone else has mentioned is how the elevators are configured. There is one bank of elevators for floors 3 - 7, one set for 8 - 15,. etc.) Most of the time I had an elevator to myself going directly to my floor. There were 6 elevators in each set so you never were waiting for an elevator.

Previous reviewers have complained about how far Aria is off the strip. It is no farther off the strip than Bellagio where you have to walk around the lake. To walk from my room out to the strip was about a 7 or 8 minute walk.

One thing I really enjoyed were the pools. There are 3 very large pools. The one that is farthest from the hotel building is heated like bathwater. And I don't mean lukewarm. It i is warm like bathwater.

I ate lunch one day at the buffet, $19.95 on a weekday. The food was good and the staff was helpful. There were plenty of choices. Other people have complained about the cafeteria atmosphere but I think the style of the buffet is what is called the "minimalist" style. The oreo slider dessert was to die for. I do agree with another poster that Arias buffet has the best dessrts.

The stafff was very helpful. The concierge printed my boarding pass for me since the business center was closed in the evening. They gave me late checkout til 1pm on Friday when I left. I tried to get late but they were full on Friday night so they could not give me later. I hung out at the pool until it was time to leave for my flight. There are showers in the bathrooms by the pool so if you have a late flight home this helps.

Sometimes a person would call in the morning to make sure I receive my wakeup call.

Sometimes I did have trouble calling to the front desk and would be on hold. I usually would hang up and just try later or stop at the desk when I was going out. One night when I called for a wakeup call, the operator said " You are at Aria, right" which makes me think they hav onlyo ne operator for Aria and Vdara which is why you wait on hold so long.

Other than the buffet and my $3.25 morning coffees (small) from the bakery in the casino I didn't eat in any of the restaurants. I did see somene pay $4.50 for a coke at the pool bar. The waiters were friendly and would always give me a glass of ice for my bottled water.

I pad $15 per day for wireless. It worked well, no complaints just a bit pricey.

One last thing, I paid $108 on Hotwire and though it was a great deal.

I totally loved Aria and canot wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Paula7928
Milwaukee Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 May 2010

I was at Aria for 3 nights April 27th. Reading some of the prior reviews could make one question why they would want to stay here. In MY experience I cannot offer anything but good reviews of the property. Walked in at 8:45AM on Wednesday to see if I could get an early check-in and within 2 minutes I had a room. Check-in was easy. Staff was very receptive and answered my questions. Yes,the room was in the rear of the floor that I was on, but come on people. It's only a 2 minute walk. I am technologically challenged. Guess what. I figured out the way of the land in the electronic world of the room. If i can figure it out, anyone can. The bed was fantastic. Contrary to other comments, I never heard a peep in the next room or the hallways. Room was very quiet. Yes, the curtain did not close the last couple of inches but it was still dark enough to not cause me to wake up. The view of the mountains was a nice treat in the morning. The casino, in my opinion, was no darker than some of the other casinos on the strip. How this can be a make or break is a mystery to me. The staff from the check-on area, front desk call, concierge, business center and housekeeping were nothing but pleasant. The hotel is stylish and the room was great including the shower, sink etc. The pool area is very nice. Love all the palms and the sprays in the pool. Drink costs are no different than Bellagio and Mirage. The walk from the strip, in my opinion, has been over-exaggerated. Take a look at the walk when you to Caesar's Palace or MGM. Yes it is confusing when you come in through the shop area but you can follow the signs or ask for help if you get lost. I went to check-out at 8:00 AM on Saturday and I walked right up to the desk. I was told I could have stayed in the room if I wanted to leave at a later time but I had a flight to catch. I have no regrets experiencing ARIA and I look forward to staying there again in the future. If there is any quirkiness you can probably chalk it up to it being a newly opened property which has some kinks to clean up.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends