I stayed in the Aria on Independane Day Weekend this year with a friend. It was my fourth Las Vegas visit within 10 years, last stays included Monte Carlo, Bellagio and THE Hotel @ Mandalay Bay. All being MGM signatures. It was my first visit with no major construction on the strip going on, which was great in itself. One year ago, the new CityCenter had not even opened.
So here we are. First the basics:There are some things in LV casino resorts which - opposite to other revievers - don't freak me out any more:
a) long walkways (almost ever to cross the casinos) from self parking
(go with it, at least it is free - or use valet)
b) crowded check-ins in particular on weekends
(stay calm an relaxed, come past 3pm and earlier than 6pm)
c) Fancy and overpriced shopping & eating @ on site locations
(eat & shop elsewhere or invest in the buffets on site if one giant meal per day does it for you)
d) Clean rooms just on first view
(if you had some thousand room changes a day with messy guests - you clean could you be on a budget?)
e) Unorganized Front Desk, almost no personal touch
(new computer systems, loads of work, high number of staff -> nope, you cannot do much better on a budget, really)
I would take the said issues as given; still Aria has some special ups and downs from my point of view based on this weekend stay:
1) I booked a room with "strip view" (=City View category) on a "high level" with "two queens" via a travel agency. None of that got transmitted to the hotel (which of course is NOT the hotels fault in any way). I got to 18th floor (50+ floors available) in a one king room with a partly view on the strip while mainly overseeing CityCenter entrance. View could be better but was fine, still I asked for a room change on the other issues which they promised to take care on "next day" due to overbooking. To make a long story short: See (e) - it never happened so we kept that room. No big fuzz on independence weekend. My point is: Just do not promise what you cannot hold! I do not like that.
2) The fancy in-room-giga-electronic-service-system is somewhat fancy but of no real use from my poit of view. It took more time to operate than it would help.
3) Pool hours & noise level: Pool hours is only 8am-8pm and the noise level by music is far too much
4) Pool area design. Beside what I stated in (3), the pool area is really nice. There are three pools (a little shallow water) and many shadowy places to hide away from direct sun.
5) Rooms: Rooms are spacy and modern designed. Room cleaning was okay, maybe even better than what I experienced at the Monte Carlo (shabby), Bellagio (Broken Glass under bed and hairs in shower) or THE Hotel (moths through climate system). Strange: They have a somewhat combined shower/bath unit (hard to explain, look hotel website floor plan).
6) Location: Probably best you can have at the literal city center on the strip from my perspective.
All in all, I cannot give full points due to the "usual" stuff to experience in LV (see a-e). But anyway, if you get a good deal on the rooms it is really an upscale casino location in Las Vegas. I would definitely recommend. If you are looking for less people & noise, I recommend going to an no-gaming all-suite hotel like the Vdara on the CityCenter complex.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ARIA Resort & Casino is a AAA Five Diamond Award winning resort which offers you the best in accommodations, gaming, dining and entertainment. Check out the newest place to see and be seen on the Las Vegas Strip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MGM Resorts International, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your ARIA Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aria Resort And Casino
- ARIA Resort & Casino Las Vegas