“Pretty Bow.... but!” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dallas
“Pretty Bow.... but!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

This hotel is definitely a looker but leaves a lot to desire.

The Good:
• Since I am a techie, the room was definitely a plus. The technology that was present in the room is what you would find in high end homes. The décor is very modern, which also appeals to me and the room is very spacious. When you hit the “Good Night” button everything shuts down, lights, TV, curtains close…. “Good Night”!
• The pool area is very nice. The Cabana area is definitely a nice touch, very spacious.
• Jean Georges Steak House was good. The waiter was very attentive and offered to bring out different sauces for the table to sample on their steaks. The usable wall of wine that also doubled as décor is very nice.
The Bad:
• The key in the service industry is "Service" and it was lack luster at ARIA and since I have seen some posts in regards to the service at the hotel, I was not surprised. Upon arriving at the hotel there were not a lot of people waiting to be checked-in, as I have seen at other hotels in the past. The check in process was very slow. The person helping me check in was very pleasant but never the less the process was ‘”Slow”, which no traveler wants after traveling all day.
• The room service was “Slow” as well which I experienced after leaving the front desk. Upon placing my order I was given the standard statement, “We will have your food to your room in 50min or less”. Well it took 1hr and 25mins. Both I and my wife feel asleep waiting on the food. The attendant was very apologetic about us having to wait and gave us a complementary tray of chocolate covered strawberries for the long wait. Now I haven’t did any type time study to determine if room service is faster or slower during certain times of night or day but we ordered our food in Vegas @ 1ish in the morning. I am quite sure that a lot of the guest where out doing what they do in Vegas, not ordering room service and then turning in for the night. So what I am saying is there is no excuse for this type of tardiness.
• The restaurant Café Vettro continued the theme of poor ‘Service’. The restaurant had very few people when my party was seated to eat and continued to have very few during our stay. The wait after our order was taking was very lengthy and we had to ask for refills of drinks at the table. When our food finally arrived at the table the waiter was very apologetic about us having to wait and issued out our respective dishes, well all but one. My order was not one of the dishes issued out. The waiter told me that he had to go back and get mine. I was thinking that he would be right back because he didn’t have room on his tray to bring all of the orders, “Wrong”! After about 6 or 7 minutes of waiting for my order, I asked the waiter where was my order, which he stated that it would be right out and I stated that my order would be free for this foul up and wanted to see the manager. The manager did comp a couple of the parties’ food and apologized for the wait. When my food did arrive the French Fries that I ordered where cold and I had to request “HOT Fries”! Also one of the persons in our party ordered Lemon Aid and never received it. So to say the least this was not a pleasant dining experience.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hotsummer70

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,243)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fort Worth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

Just got back from 4 nights over the Fourth of July weekend. Originally comped for 3 of 4 nights and asked what an upgrade to a tower suite would costs. 50 bucks per night. Tipped the reservation clerk $50 with a handshake.

First, do not fret over the tech in the room. The curtain buttons are either open/stop/close. The AC unit has a wall thermostat that is easier than yours at home. The light buttons are on a one second time delay so do not expect instant gratification.. Don't bother with using the TV to control anything. No need.

Room and bathroom have outstanding features, huge separate large shower, jetted tub, bidet, dual sinks and so what if you get a little splashed if your too close. Great view, 850 sq. feet and yes you can see into other rooms at night. The bed although softer than yours at home will absolutely become your new best friend by the time you leave.

Food at the Jean Paul patisserrie downstairs for morning breakfast is outstanding. Stuff you will never see in your neighborhood bakery. The hotel and casino is boutique chic, and well done in chocolate tones. All the gaming tables are very bright, with the decor and other lighting subdued. Nice for a change compared to the glare of the older hotels.

Pools were plenty big and the water about 78 degrees. Perfect for the summer. No problem finding a chairs and cocktail waitresses everywhere. And yes the drinks are expensive but you are in Vegas. So??????????

Buffet, with the true mountian of crab legs was great if you like seafood. Sushi bar as well as anything else you can want for a buffet and all made fresh as you watch. Hell, you can have a whole chicken if you want one. Outsanding bloody mary at BAR MODERNO. All kinds of vegies and crushed red pepper on the rim of the glass. Perfect for hangovers.

Gameing is tight and lots and lots of $1 machines. Did not see one single deck BJ table for less than $50 per hand. Go to the Monte Carlo as there are tables that the dealer must stand on ALL 17's. Better bet and $10 minimums up to $1000.

The service throughout the hotel was outstanding. If you don't have it in your room, leave $5 for housekeeping each day and ask for it. They will take care of you.

So in a nut shell, if I do not get comped next year and have to pay my own way I will. Try it you'll love it.. By the way, go see Jersey Boys....The quickest 1 1/2 hr of your life. Just the music alone is worth the trip to the Palazzo.

To the Hotel General Mgr......wash the windows please.

toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

I went to Las Vegas over the fourth of July weekend with 3 of my girlfriends - we are 25/26 years old.

Overall, I thought the hotel was great (We stayed at Caesar's in 2009). We arrived Thursday morning at 9am and checked in right away - we got exactly what we requested (non smoking room and 2 queen beds). We had a crappy view on the 7th floor but we didn't care at all - we were happy to be able to check in early and get 2 beds (given that we've read many reviews where they run out of rooms w/ two beds!).

The rooms were very modern and clean. The bathroom is spacious and nice. I thought the rooms here were nicer than the ones at Caesars (we stayed in one of the new towers at CP in the year before which had smaller beds). The beds here are super comfy!

There IS a safe in the room - we had difficulties finding it at first - it is in the nightstand drawer in between the beds. No ipod dock though which I thought was weird. We were also warned not to touch anything on the mini bar or in the fridge as it is all sensored and you will be charged for those items.

At 6am one morning, the battery in our smoke detector was beeping non stop - we had to call front desk twice to have someone come up - they were apologetic and gave us a $50 voucher for any of the hotel restaurants and a service person came up immediately after the second phone call.

The swimming pool area is large - we never had any issues finding loungers near the main pool.

We ate at the buffet which was okay - seemed pricy at $35 per person. We also ate at the Steakhouse which was delicious.

The hotel/casino smells amazing - a vanilla scent throughout. Some ppl maybe thought it was too strong but it was way better than the smell of cigarettes in all the other hotels we walked through.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel. I probably would try something new the next time I was in Vegas, but this hotel is nice and the service was decent. In a hotel this size, you can't expect all your requests to be met immediately. The location is good as it is within walking distance to Bellagio and CP and there are back ways that the cabs take to the hotels further down the strip so that you're not stuck in traffic so long.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank jsl_00
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel. The first time I came with a couple of girls for a bachelorette party the room was beautiful and the place was very comfortable. How ever the service was bad, we ordered room service and it came up after two hours and the food was cold. The next day our tiolet broke and it took them 4 hours to come and fix it, after so many calls, we had about nine room key because every time we would try to get into our room the keys did not work. When I'm coming to sleep at 4 Am the last thing I want to do is go to the front dest and have more keys made!

This July I decided to give them another chance, I was thinking maybe when we visited the first time they were very new and have not gotten things together.
On check in I didn't get the two beds I reserved b/c they told me that the rooms were all sold out and that it was not a guarantee anyone would get two beds b/c they do not charge extra for two beds, and that they couldn't do anything about it, untill some one checks out, which was two days after, the lady at the front desk did not have good customer service. I feel like this hotel should hire more employees that are hospitable and knowledgeable about the hotel

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank gracielou510
signal hill
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

I read many reviews here due to the fact of the hotel booking agent didn't seem to knowledgeable and could not answer my questions. At the same time, she was offering me something different then the promotion that was mailed out to me. And I asked her if there would be any special promotions I can qualify for a free stay she mention about a $50.00free play, when the special promotion I received was for $100.00. Once I mentioned that, she could not answer me back like if she was pulling a quick one on me. This is what made me double check what this hotel is all about. Not including all the write up's I found here. I made a decision to cancel my reservation due to an overall opinions here and first time service when booking the call. They did not even give me a confirmation number like the majority of the hotels I've stayed here in Las Vegas for the last 12 years. I got mixed vibes from there service team. I don't trust you, so why should I ruin my stay especially on my birthday weekend because your team lacks of training and customer service. Forget it..... I'm going back to Ballagio.... I will never refer or think about staying at your hotel.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank orignals
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

It has been 5 years since we went to Vegas. We're not gamblers but for our 20th anniversary, my wife decided to book us 3 nights at this new hotel. We drove from LA and upon arriving at the hotel, I noticed the entry was huge. To park at the valet, we parked away from the entry., carried our luggages and hauled it all the way to the check-in counter. This was not how I wanted to experience my first visit to this hotel, it is big therefore you can easily be ignored by the bell boys. Upon entering the lobby, I was surprised about the vastness of the hotel. It was well lighted, comfortable yet cold. I could tell they spent al lot of time on the lines and curves, amazing architecture. We arrived at 2:30 pm and we were told our room at the 52nd floor was not going to be ready until pm. They offered pass to the pool but our luggage was already with the bell captain. After 5 hours of driving, I just wanted to lay down and rest a bit. We decide to have a snack at Todd English Bistro and the noules mrieneres was excellent and so was the fair selection of beer. When we returned to the front desk, all she could tell me was that my room was not going to be ready until after 5 pm or maybe 6 pm. And she wasn't even apologetic about it. I was ready to move to another hotel until my wife reminded her it was our anniversary and she softened and gave us a city view at the 34th floor. By now, I will take the 2nd floor lobby just to lay down.

The room - spacious, modern, powered curtains, clean bathrooms. Nice. The bed was soft and comfortable. The view was fine, note spectacular. Figuring out the electronics drove me, a techno geek to madness. How the heck do I close the curtains without turning all the lights. I feel sorry for the old couple figuring this room out. Where's the safe? Nada! None. What, a modern hotel with no safe?

The casino - though I am not a gambler, I did enjoy the expanse of the gambling hall. I compared it with the surrounding hotels and depending on you preference, the Aria casino may be cavernous, liberating, or just lacking intimacy. After all, architecture is the theme. I am a photo hobbyist and I enjoyed the amount of time spent on the design of every corner of the complex.

The pool - 3 large pools, one for kids. Quite area for adults. Nothing fancy, comfortable, but busy. I feel like there is always a conference here. My friend recommended the Palazzo for a quieter hotel and pool area..

The food - the buffet was very disappointing. Though there were lots of meat, I only eat fish and veggies. They did have lots of crab legs, some shrimp, miniscule sushi rolls, and lox was the only fish served. Their chinese area was blah! blah! blah!. Go to M Hotel for the best buffet for the price, the locals go there. Lots of restaurant choices but be ready to spend money. Nothing in this hotel is cheap.

The show: Elvis...forget it. Wished we didn't watched it at all.

What we liked: we enjoyed having a quite drink and night cap at the Mandarin Oriental. Having the monorail to Bellagio also was convenient. The Crystal complex mall was awesome if you want to buy exclusive stuff. Treasure hunting for the various art work around the City Center was fun. The management was willing to listen to our suggestions.

Big question: would we return to his hotel. Yes. Is ti worth it, probably not. This is Vegas after all. If you want to experience New York, Italy or France, just fly there. I would. But if you just want a place to sleep in and feel comfortable, the room was good enough for me to come back. Just don't eat the buffet.

Oh yeah, one downer.....you have to pay for internet access and $30 per day per person to use the gym. Oh well....what happens in Vegas...is that you have less money when you leave.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank halycon-1
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

Overall a very pleasant stay. Off the beaten path so there's not a lot of meandering tourists. If I would give a low grade if would be for housekeeping. They just didn't seem to have their act together. Cafe Vettro food was good and so was the service. Nice pool area. I would recommend the Mastro's Ocean Club for dinner if you really wanted to splurge. Casino is typical Vegas, although not very crowded which was a good thing.

2 Thank Busteye