“Relaxing in Luxury. Don't Party/Gamble here”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #16 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta, GA
“Relaxing in Luxury. Don't Party/Gamble here”
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Love the modern elegance of Aria. It truly is a beautiful hotel. It is also very big and off the strip, make sure you wear your walking shoes to go anywhere off property as you've got a 15-20 minute walk to the Strip or simply pony up cab fare.

Jean Phillipe's is a great place for brunch or a snack, the pool bar had great food, the prices aren't bad if you book on hotwire or through some special.

The rooms are amazing, have to be one of the best layouts in Vegas. We got a room overlooking the pool and out to Mandalay Bay. Technology is not hard to grasp, if you had trouble with the room control pad, you probably still have a cell phone that only receives calls. (and you probably can't text)

Only true negative - This place is a tad bit boring.
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT GAMBLE at the hotel that is billions of dollars in debt. You will not win here. It is evidently a known fact by locals/cab drivers, etc that Aria has tight slots, tables, and dealers. If you win any money, get the hell out.

Also, the clubs are lame and way too expensive for what they are. Overall I'd stay here again but with the knowledge that I would be at another property to party or gamble.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank topherashley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,396)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bullard, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2010

After much reading about the various hotels on the Las Vegas Strip, I chose the Aria. I had received a package that included air fare from Dallas, 4 nights at the Aria with an upgrade to a City View Deluxe room, $100 in food credit, a few other unused discounts and airport to hotel transfers for a bit over $1,100.

The hotel itself was absolutely beautiful. This hotel has a LEEDS Gold Level certification and the decor was incredible. Very modernistic in every detail. The accomodations were spotless! It is centrally located on the strip.

I'll start with the good points. The lobby service was excellent although they did not have any non-smoking rooms when we arrived. The front desk was willing to move us the next morning but when we entered the room, it didn't smell like a smoking room (although the hallways did). We were fine on the floor (22nd). The room itself was spacious and had the most comfortable bed/pillows I have ever slept on. I was a bit wary about the electronics after reading other reviews of the Aria but found that they were easy to master. The thermostat, blinds, lights, television (flat screen) and music were all controlled by a single remote through the TV. The room had an excellent view of the "Strip". Double sinks in the bath and a large shower with a non-jacuzzi double bathtub. We were warned at the front desk that the mini bar in the room was weight sensitive and that if we touched/moved the items (way over-priced) it would be charged to our account. There are retail stores close to the hotel to purchase bottled water/snacks and avoid these costs.

We read so many bad reviews about the buffet that we were a little intimidated about trying it. Guess that's why there is 32 flavors at Baskin Robbins. We found the buffet to be incredible. Prime rib, chilled King crab, roasted turkey, lamb, ham, chicken, seafood, salads, oriental, mexican and italian dishes everwhere plus cooked to order eggs/omelets (brunch) and pasta (lunch) PLUS a very spectacular desert area with Oreo Shooters ( to die for) and some of the best ice creams I have had.

Found the service to be great. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Being my first trip to Vegas in many years, I wish I had set up a players account when I first entered the casino. The players account at the Aria is through MGM and ties many of the casinos together. Would have had some additional "perks" if we did.

If I had the trip to "do over" I'd probably not take the transfers and would have taken a cab from the airport to the hotel. Let's face it, many of us do not make many trips to Vegas. A cab would deliver you to the front lobby. Our transfer bus dropped us at an underground spot. It took the "pizazz" out of the arrival. It was then a long walk to the hotel lobby to check in.

There isn't any need for a car in Vegas unless you want to travel off the strip. We went for a day trip to Hoover Dam. That was well worth the drive. My advice is to book the rental car before you book into the hotel (Dollar) for the day you want it as there is a variance between what you would pay pre-booking and what you would pay at the hotel. In my case it was $52 vs, $69 per day. If you make the reservation for the last 24 hours you will be in Vegas, you can pick the car up at the hotel and drop it off at the airport for the same price. No need to wait for a scheduled pick up from the transfer companies to get you to the airport.

The Aria is in the City Center between the Bellagio and Monte Carlo resorts. A tram will transport you between the three.

Wi-Fi connection at the hotel is expensive at $15 per day. To check in for your outgoing flights is $5 at area kiosks. Computer time at the business center was $15 for a minimum of 15 minutes. BUT if you go down to where they rent the rental cars, I was able to connect to several free wi-fi connections for internet access on my
I-phone.

If I had it to "do over", the Aria would again be my choice for Vegas.

11 Thank STM0041
California
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We have stayed at all the 5 star hotels in Vegas so we thought we would give this one a go. We got there early and had to wait a bit to get our room (no worries) we went to the pool for the day. Wanted to rent a cabana $400 for the day. (no worries in vegas with my wife and no kids) they said they were sold out and could not release any canceld cabanas till noon. 1/4 of them never filled up

Walked through the casino, the air system is amazing, could not smell a cigerett.

Room very clean and modern. The tv does control everything but is very slow to respond.

House keeping never came for the three days we were there.

I would put this hotel as a 4 star but 5 star implies great service and this place was just ok on service. All the reviews are correct checking in is a nighmare. There is not one line so you have to guess whick of the check in lines is gong to go faster.

1 Thank Ca_fam_of_four
Edmonton
Reviewed 21 July 2010

This hotel is beautiful, it just seems like it can't decide who it wants to cater to. We stayed for 3 nights in a sky suite. The room and view were amazing. The hotel just seemed kinda meh. Did it want to be young and hip...... or maybe cater to an older more well off crowd........ or did it want to be someplace relaxing. I found it lacking personality.
The people we encountered were great, the food was well presented and the restaurant service was top notch. Cocktail service was quick and plentiful, we were hardly into our drinks before she was around again and the casino was fairly busy. Would I stay here again, maybe; don't get me wrong this hotel is beautiful and the service was excellent it just didn't have the "vegas" feel.

1 Thank PurdyOne
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We wanted to try one of the newest in Las Vegas and for the most part it was a great hotel. The decor is very updated and modern from the lobby to the casino to the rooms. The whole place was pumped with that new car smell.
There is security everywhere-it felt very safe.
The room was very hi-tech. Nice size, windows from ceiling to floor, big screen TV w/remote that controlled everything in the room-(lights,curtains,alarm,radio-it was cool!)
A complimentary robe in the room was available and lots of closet and drawer space.
Too bad the ice box was stocked w/stuff to purchase (no room for your own stuff)
Warning: Don't touch anything in there or else they will charge you an arm and a leg.
If you wanted to have another ice box in your room you could request one- for a price!
The rooms were sound proof and so were the hallways. It was easy to go from your room to the casino.
As for the casino- I thought it was wonderful. They even have a rare game that aren't in most casinos-"WAR!" The same game from my childhood but for REAL MONEY!
They had lots of high stakes tables and by all the noise that I heard, someone must have been on a roll.
Now for some bad news. It is a good idea if you are staying there to get your directions down or you WILL GET LOST. It is a hard hotel to find. Parking is very hard to find, but once you know how it all works-it gets easier.
The hotel is surrounded by other buildings and you can't see the strip. So the view is not so good.
The tram between hotels is GREAT! If you stay you can use it to go to the Bellagio and Monte Carlo. The ride is faster than walking and it is prompt.
The buffet at the Aria is FANTASTIC!
The dessert section was simple delish! The portions were just right-you could try everything and not feel full.
The way it was designed should of been better because it felt like being in a cafeteria. It had a horseshoe design and no color.
The staff at the hotel from check-in, casino, security,attendants at the pool and the restaurant were helpful, gracious and friendly. They have great customer service.
This hotel is one I would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank NNewbie07
Melbourne
Reviewed 21 July 2010

I was in Vegas for my birthday in February... who knew it got cold in Vegas... Rug up - but besides the cold, I still had an awesome time.

I definitely rate ARIA - it was brand new when I stayed there, so everything was pretty fresh. Had all the amenities that you need in the room including working the room by remote control.. yep.. from the bed...

ARIA is right in the middle of everything on the strip - I have no complaints and highly recommend anyone to stay there.

Next time i'm in Vegas - it will be the summer.

Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Where to start...

We booked this place because of a great deal and it looked beautiful. Reviews were all across the board, but it was new so we gave it the benefit of the doubt. I will get the positives out of the way, as there aren't many.

- Hotel is beautiful, inside and out.
- Smelled great, not too much of the Vegas cigarette stench.
- Three pools were nice during the heat wave Vegas was experiencing.

That's about it. I knew the place was going to be expensive, so I won't complain about drink prices or food or $15 blackjack tables. I knew what I was getting into.

What I will complain about is the service. Check-in took forever as all reviews have stated, so we didn't get our room until about 6 hours after we arrived. Not a huge deal, as we got there early, but inconvenient. Worst part was we asked for a specific floor with our group because of a birthday, and they were great about it over the phone before the trip, but instead got a different room altogether on a different floor, complete opposite of what we asked about.

This gem of a room had no working phone and the handle of the bathroom door fell off when we first used it. Had to go to the front desk to ask to get these fixed, and they never were. The room service attendant even made a comment about it Sunday night, called service again from a phone in the hallway and was told it couldn't be fixed until Monday. Thanks for the help. The door handle wasn't a huge deal, just really tacky. But the phone is a problem. What if there was an emergency?

Well, there was, albeit in another room of our party. Said member spent all day sunday vomiting, to the point that we made the decision to take him to the hospital to get an IV (heat + not enough water + drinking too much the night before). So we called the concierge to have a wheelchair sent up so we could take our friend to the hospital, but spent 15 minutes on hold. So I went downstairs to get it myself only to be told that it would be 15 minutes before security could get one. At that point, friend was about to pass out and vomiting non-stop so I asked to call the medics.

From there the situation was taken care of (and the friend was just fine) by the fine medical staff of Clark County. But when brought up to a manager how troubling it was that none of the hotel staff seemed to care about the situation, or didn't answer the phone or took their sweet time, it was implied to us that we called the wrong people. And that was it.

I know that drinking too much and dehydration happen all the time in Vegas, but what if there was a life or death situation going on? Would they show this little concern for the well being of their patrons then? And what if that situation happened in my room, without the working phone? Nobody on the staff seemed to care at all, and that is troubling and anger-inducing.

It was a frustrating weekend at this hotel. The few things that were great about the hotel were overshadowed by the bad things and the way handled any and all service. There is a lot of potential at Aria. There really is. But I will never go back to see if they realize it, and will never recommend that anyone else does either.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends