“A relaxing,sophisticated, tasteful oasis on the Strip.” 5 of 5 bubbles

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #14 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chicago, Illinois
“A relaxing,sophisticated, tasteful oasis on the Strip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

My wife and I spent 4 nights in the corner suite on the 26th floor of the Aria. Floor to ceiling windows along 3 sides of the room made for great views of the strip and the mountains. Since we were at the end of the hallway our room was very quiet and peaceful, in fact the hallways themselves with dim lighting and low noise were relaxing. The bathroom was outstanding. A big air jet tub with a tv, rain shower stall, private toilet with bidet and dryer, and double vanities. The living room and bedroom both had 42" flatscreen tvs (no HBO), and great views. We ordered late night room service twice and received prompt service and surprisingly good food. We ate dinner at three different restaurants in Aria: Sage, American Fish, and the steakhouse (I forget its name), and while all three were pricey, they all delivered with outstanding, sophisticated food. The absinthe cart at Sage will set you on your way to a hell of a night. The casino had great blackjack tables, two decks, stay on soft seventeen, and The Deuce Lounge was a stylish place to play. While the pools were a bit pedestrian, (we didn't pay to go the private pool area), the spa was fantastic. Again it wasn't cheap, but the service was impeccable, and the atmosphere in the spa was very relaxing. We walked up and down the Strip, and spent time in the Bellagio, and the Venetian, but I would not hesitate to stay at the Aria again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank esp96

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,235)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

I took my wife for her birthday to Las Vegas, We decided to chek out the new Aria hotel, check in went great, we got a corner suite with a descent view, overall it was very nice. But during the night while we were trying to sleep, an alrm outside kept going off, well this continued all night. My sink was clogged in our bathroom, and @ 7:00am in the morning, we looked out our window, and there was somebody out on the roof, oh by the way the rooftop was part of our view, then @ 7:30am, the were three window washers hanging right outside our window. I preceded to get up, and I told my wife that since it was her birthday, I was going to go down to Invited guest check in to explain what we went through the night before, as well what happened in the morning. Talked to a nice person, her name was Toney, she apoligze to me, and said for $25.00 they could give us an upgrade, and move our room. I thanked her and asked her should we grab our luggage out of the room, as we were going to the World Market, and wouldn't be back until 4:00pm, She said no problem, I will have the room ready for you when you come back, and @ that time we will take your luggage to the next room, again, I thanked her for her help. Well my wife and I come back to Aria, again @ the Invited guest service. Toney was already off for the day, and we were greeted by a guy named Anthony, I explained to him that we were changing rooms, and Toney had a new room reserved for us, he immediatley ask what room we had and he said oh you have a great room, why would you want to change, between my wife and I we tryed to expalin everything that happened, but he didn't care, he kept repeating that Toney had no business giving us our new room, remember this is my wife's birthday, and he is making her feel pretty low by now, he then preceded in telling us he is going to get the manager, I said great, I would love to talk to your manager, I have owned a service business for over 30 yrs, and this guy would be fired in a heart beat, in the way he was treating us!! The manager came over, and introduced her self as Gabby, she went on to tell us they had no rooms to give us, Tuesday night in Vegas, in a Recession, ya right. Se was just as rude as Anthony, and I preceded to let her know we would like to cancel our last two nights, she said we need to go to our room first to grab our luggage, because our keys would not work, if she cancel right then. We preceded to go to our room, got our luggage, My wife called down talked to Gabby, and Gabby all of a sudden bagged us to stay, and out of no where she had another room for us. Needless to say, we did not accept her offer, she had already destroyed my wife's birthday plans. We travel a lot, and this is the WORST EXPERIENCE we have ever had. Do not recommned this place @ all!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maxmanChicoCa
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

Excellent hotel on the Strip. Very comfortably located. Easy access to public transport. Hotel interiors very well done up. Concierge was very knowledgeable and reception handled check in well inspite of there being a large crowd. Large casino. Lots of tour options. Show tickets can be booked through concierge. Hotel food was avrage though. But given the number of food options in the vicinity, this is not much of an issue.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Plano, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

Matt and I stayed at Aria from July 28th through August 2nd. We reserved a Deluxe Strip View room (king size bed). We were able to check in right away and our room was on the 24th floor. The room and amenities were very nice but after the 3 LARGE buildings they built for the City Center RIGHT IN FRONT of Aria... there is NO STRIP VIEW. Yes, the room would face the strip but you can barely see the lights. We were extemely disappointed. The idea of City Center is that you would not have to leave the "resort" but the truth is that even though you might get a great rate on the room everything else is extremely expensive. We ended up hanging out at the other hotels on the strip everyday just for that reason. If you are a normal income couple going away for the weekend... check out somewhere else. This place was very nice but doesn't necessarily fit what a young fun couple is looking for for value + fun. OH! by the way.. for what you pay for the room ... the Wi-Fi is extra! Try New York New York, Ceaser's, Bellagio, or Palms...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Luv2GetAway23
Orem, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Aria August 1-4, 2010. On June 1, I made our reservation for a non-smoking room with two queen beds. I fully paid for the first night. When we checked in on Sunday, August 1st at around 5:30 p.m., we were told that we couldn't have a room with two beds. I questioned this, since I had reserved two beds and paid for the room two months prior. The man at the counter, who was named James, told me that according to their policy, our reservation was only a request and was not guaranteed! I explained to him that my husband has chronic severe back pain and terrible insomnia and that there was no way we could share a bed. After several minutes of discussion, James offered to have an extra twin bed put into our room. At this point, I had no other options, so I accepted his offer. One of Aria's main selling points for their rooms is their wonderfully comfortable beds. Unfortunately, even though I had a fully-paid reservation made two months in advance, I never got to sleep in one of those comfortable beds. James told me that the only way you can be sure to get a room with two beds at Aria is to make a reservation for four people, which adds $70 per night to the cost of your room. Even if I were traveling with my father, they would expect me to share a bed with him. What about if two straight guys are traveling together and are sharing a room to reduce their costs? At Aria, they might have to sleep in the same bed. I think it's important for people to realize this. I know that I will never stay at Aria again, even though there were things that we liked, because of this policy. I paid for a room that they gave to someone else and received an inferior room with absolutely no concessions made to us. And to top it all off, it was a smoking room, complete with an ash tray that hadn't even been cleaned after the previous guests left. We also had to endure three nights of smoke coming under the door from the adjoining room, since apparently our next door neighbors were smokers. Once again, Aria displayed complete disregard for our reservation.

Not everything was bad, however. We had paid the additional charge for a deluxe view room, and it was nice, although nothing compared to what we've had before at Bally's, Monte Carlo, and even Excalibur. We were able to see the City Center complex, New York New York, and the MGM sign, although not the hotel. The technology in the room was fun, although we stood in a dark room for five minutes when we first arrived until we could turn on the lights. Forget their comments on the website about the curtains opening and the TV turning on to welcome you to the room. Nothing like that happened for us. The bathroom was large and functional, although without an exhaust fan, it was warm and humid all day long. The dressing area was nice, but it would have been much nicer with a mirror over the counter instead of a painting and some handy electric outlets.

One other thing that has totally turned me off to the Aria is that soon after we arrived in the room, we noticed blood on the window right in front of the chairs. We cleaned it off ourselves with a wash cloth and then disinfected the area with hand sanitizer. That, along with the dirty ash tray and hair all over the bathroom floor by the toilet made us realize that our room was probably not nearly as clean as we would like it to be.

Even though each room has it's own temperature control, it took two days of constantly running the A/C and keeping our curtains closed to get our room down to 72 degrees. Many times it was cooler in the hall than it was in our room.

The tram that runs by the Aria is very convenient, and we were excited about using it. We rode it to the Bellagio several times and loved this amenity. However, when we first tried to locate it, we were extremely disappointed to discover that two Aria employees blatantly lied to us in an effort to get us to spend more time in their casino. We had watched the tram from our window the night before and knew that it made a stop on the north end of Aria. We left our hotel room and headed towards that end of the resort. When we were almost to the lobby, we asked an employee where to get on the tram, and she said we had to walk all the way through the casino to the south end of the resort to get on the tram at the Monte Carlo stop. I pointed out to her that the website said the tram stopped at Aria, and she said no, we had to walk to the other stop. We did as she suggested and stopped shortly to ask another employee, who also directed us to the tram stop on the south end. Once we got on the tram and rode it north to Bellagio, we discovered that the tram did indeed stop right where we thought it did, and we were, in fact, very close to that stop when the employee told us to head in the opposite direction. It became obvious to us that the employees were instructed to direct guests to the more distant tram stop, because that insured that they would walk through the entire casino and hopefully stop to gamble along the way. As I mentioned earlier, my husband deals with significant back pain, and we didn't appreciate the long, unnecessary walk that we were subjected to by a resort policy that forces their employees to lie to their guests.

We ate at the buffet, but I'll put that in a separate review under restaurants.

I will say that the pools were a highlight of our stay. There are three beautiful pools, and we had no trouble at all getting lounge chairs each afternoon. The pool area was very clean and the water was the perfect temperature. We really felt that the pools and surrounding area were the nicest we've experienced at an Las Vegas hotel.

The maids were very slow in cleaning the rooms. There were many rooms that still had their service lights lit at 6 p.m. each day. We were surprised that our maid saw us leave our room one morning because she was working right next door, and yet when we returned to our room three hours later, it had still not been serviced.

The internet is $15 a day in your room, but they don't advertise that. I had to call them to find out. Also, the signs along the strip aren't very good. I believe one employee we talked to use the word "atrocious". Our first attempt at finding the self parking led us to the back of the hotel. I assume the signs will improve once the construction is completed.

The elevators were very efficient. That's quite an accomplishment, considering how many guest rooms there are.

If you are lucky enough to get the room you reserved at Aria and have it be clean, you will probably have a pleasant stay there. The architecture is breathtaking, and the TV and other technology in the room were very enjoyable. Unfortunately, their very poor reservations policy will prevent us from staying there again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Aqua52
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

I recently stayed at the new Aria on a business trip in early June. This is a lovely hotel - great amenities and not as snooty as some of the other higher-end casinos on the strip. I felt like I was staying in an above average hotel abut still very comfortable. The Casino was great with lots of lower end slot machines which I enjoy. The casino is a little dark but that didn't bother me. There are three pools which are easy to access. I only wish they opened a little earlier in the day (8 am). Also had the buffet one night which was average at best. Nice cafe for breakfast in the casino which was more reasonable than some of the other hotels. My room was beautiful (no view) but very comfortable bed and totally wired for iPod use and laptop. I would definitely stay at Aria again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank TLCanada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at Aria from July 25th-27th. We had already been in Las Vegas for 4 nights staying at the Vdara, as we were in Vegas for him to attend a conference. Before coming to Vegas we decided that the last two nights of our stay we would like to stay at a hotel with a casino. We got a great rate at Vdara with some free slot play and decided we would give it a try. It was a very nice hotel. Everything was as expected - new, modern, trendy, etc. We had two free buffets each day but only used it on the first day. I was particularly anxious to try the crab legs and found them tasty, I just did not prefer them cold. I was told by the wait staff that I could take them up to the kitchen staff and they would be glad to warm them for me but it just seemed like such a bother. The cheesecake, however, was simply divine.

The staff at Aria were exceptionally pleasant and courteous. Anytime we had a question about anything, staff were readily available and seemed more than happy to give us an answer. The valet service was a little slower than we had been accustomed to at Vdara but then Aria is a much larger hotel so that is to be expected.

All-in-all I would definitely stay at Aria again. I am very, very picky when it comes to the places I stay (almost to the point of paranoia) in terms of cleanliness and comfort and I was more than pleased with my stay at Aria, and I suspect I will be staying there in the future.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business