“Beautiful, modern luxury”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 18 August 2010

My husband and I stayed here 8/14-8/17 and loved it! The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful (be advised that for room charge privileges they will pre-authorize $130/day to your credit card but we weren't required to and chose not to). We got the Deluxe room which is their basic room and we felt like we were royalty. The rooms were big and modern, the beds and linens were extremely comfortable and the bathrooms were gorgeous with a big tub and marble counters. The control panel was a super cool feature. The casino was most beautiful one we went in and we went in all of them. Drinks at Bar Moderno are overpriced but it's probably like that at every hotel. The buffet was worth the $, it was the best one we ate at (Caesar's Palace was second best on my list). Beso is just a step away and is a delicious restaurant, if you want a nice dinner go there! Throughout the entire hotel there was a light vanilla scent and it was lovely, made it a little more pleasant. Overall it was a wonderful stay and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brookendoug

Reviewed 18 August 2010

We are what some call 'high rollers'. We often stay the very finest properties in las vegas and beyond. I was truly thrilled while awaiting to experience aria. This is where anything remotely possible to say in a positive context begins. From the minute we/you arrive you notice that for a brand new place, it seems oddly old and in need of a renovation. It is dark, but not in a sexy nor soothing way, more like a "I wonder why they built a depressing, bleak and boring casino. Truly, we all could felt the very same thing when we shared our thoughts. Next we were brought to one of their high roller villas, to most it would be simply heaven, IF it was not designed in a 1970's odd circles and sharp angles and tight spaces and dizzying colors and DARK and really can cause a non claustrophobic person to become one. For the sake of keeping this less than the size of a three full page ny times review, I must simply list the rest - it was that bad. The food was so bad, it caused us to laugh. The service was so bad (except for a few shining stars) that we wanted to cry. The overall experience - ONE NIGHT, as we were supposed to stay for a week, was downright horrible enough to prompt me to write this because I feel compelled to save others from this. There is not a redeemable feature for which I can say "well at least... was good", and I am an easy going type who loves to enjoy the food, spa, service of a fine establishment. That is why we left. We were so exhausted (imagine, actually exhausted from the constant problems) that I can only hope that a GM or CEO or someone with terrific stock in this place reads this. We are not looking for any compensation because as players everything is already taken care of. That is my only way to impress that this is genuine. Go anywhere but here. We are lucky to be able to easily leave and find an alternative, I hope this finds the person who works hard all year to have a relaxing holiday to make a better choice - which would be ANY choice but here.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank pjbirdie
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We stayed at the new ARIA at The City Center for 3 nights, July 13 - July 16. This hotel is absolutely BEAUTIFUL inside and out. It is located right in the middle of The Strip, between Bellagio and Monte Carlo. The rooms were very nice, and the beds were EXTREMLY COMFORTABLE!!!! We had a really nice 42" flat screen. The room lights, curtains television and room temperature were all controlled by the remote. The bathroom is AWESOME!!. The garden tub and separate shower were located together behind glass doors. For even more privacy, the toilet had it's own stall with a telephone on the wall. A mini bar and refrigerator were in the room; however, since we never use the items in the mini bar or refrigerator, I asked that the items be removed. Unfortunately, they told me that they could not remove the items from the refrigerator so I could use it for my own personal use. (They have to unlock the refrigerator for you upon request). So this was very disappointing because every hotel and and cruise ship I have been on, I have requested this, and there has never been a problem. For a hotel this nice, the check in process could be a lot smoother. There were several guests checking in when we arrived; however, it was very difficult, and quite confusing to see who was being waited on. There were no lines, or ropes that would have made it easier to see who was next in line. Another observation was that the front desk clerks were very unfriendly.... not just one or two, but all of them. None of them greeted the guests with a smile. They all acted like they hated their jobs. I thought it was just me, but I heard other guests commenting on how unfriendly they were as well. The front desk clerks could take some lessons from Aria's security personnel. Every single one of the security personnel I met, was extremely friendly and helpful. Incidentally, the concierge that assisted me was very, very nice as well. One of my favorite spots at this hotel was the pool area. I really enjoyed relaxing out by the pools in the mornings. It is BEAUTIFUL, and the music was great too. I just wish that the pools were open at night, at least until 10 or 11 p.m. I would love to lounge by the pool, in the evening. In summary, I would definitely stay at ARIA again.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We thought the rooms were great. They were spacious, big tv, good view and almost every thing is remote control. In some ways they were a bit too high tech, as we were warned when we checked that if we lifted anything from the fridge or the tray on top that it would automatically be charged to our room! A good point is that they were security at the base of the elevators, stopping anyone going to the rooms that did not have a key.

Food and drink were expensive, so we went to local places nearby. We were not sure before we booked if they charged a resort fee, but they do not.

The hotel staff were pleasant and even printed off our boarding passes free of charge. Overall we thought we got really good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Just returned from 3 nights at Aria; I really wanted to like this hotel/casino and thought maybe the "new hotel" bugs would be worked out, but that was not to be our luck. Had reserved 2 queens, and as many have noted, not available upon checkin. OK, no big deal.
We arrived early Sat. AM, so we didn't expect to be able to checkin; dropped bags at bell desk and headed out to explore. It is not easy to get to the strip from lobby---lots of ongoing construction on CityCenter property and at Cosmopolitan. Back to Aria about noon and the very nice young lady at invited guest checkin got our room and explained keys, what to expect with room technology, etc.
After wandering the 14th floor forever we were able to find room---opened door and it seemed to be great. Beautiful view, spacious, bright. Wait---there's a refrigerator in here with half a loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter on top; oh, and there are 2 half-empty bottles of red wine and dirty wine glasses; and there is a pile of loose change on the nightstand??? Call the front desk and ask if they possible could have checked us into an occupied room? No, the room was checked out of early that morning and when I told the desk clerk of the condition, he said they could get housekeeping there in "a couple of hours" to clean everything out; even though the bed was made, we had no assurance that the sheets had been changed so we opted to say we wanted a different, CLEAN room; put on hold for a long time and he finally came back to say there was a smoking room available. Sorry, not an option so put on hold again and he finally came back on and directed us to a 12th floor room and said our keycard would work when we got there. Wandered around 12th floor and found room...why are all the rooms so far from the elevator banks?
Room was clean but definately smaller than original room. Lots of closet and drawer space and we loved the shower/tub setup but not impressed with anything else. Very little counter space in bathroom; beds are not comfortable; chairs are beautiful design but like sitting on a rock!
Room technology failed us on 2nd night; lights would not turn off, drapes would not open or close, etc. Front desk sent maintenance man at midnight to "reboot system" which requires unscrewing panel under desk and almost 20 minutes of fiddling with programming and wireless connections---I just wanted to go to sleep! Give me a plain old light-switch anyday!
Employees were pleasant but not very efficient; breakfast buffet was excellent food but lousy service; cafe was good food but lousy service; housekeeping replaced bath towels but didn't leave facecloths or handtowels.
Noise from other rooms was disconcerting as it seemed to travel through the plumbing and ventilation systems.
Guess it just wasn't our trip, but I know the Venetian will remain our hotel of choice! Aria has a long way to go if it wants to play with the big boys!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tuffer39
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We had a girls weekend and stayed at the Aria for 3 nights, and it was great! The room is absolutely comfortable and new and had a great view of the Las Vegas strip. The bathroom had double sinks, had a tub with the shower, and was great for 4 girls getting ready. The room itself is equipped with all state of the art electronics, which was actually annoying sometimes because everything is automated. I did enjoy that you could turn off all the lights and close the blinds with just a touch of a button, awesome!

The hotel is still very new and the casino is great. Quite high minimums on the table, but that's what you should expect from any 5 star hotel.

The pool was huge, but I honestly was not too impressed with it over other hotels. I did not see a swim up bar and there was not a lot of shade you could hide from the crazy Vegas heat.

The restaurants are great even if pricey. The location of the hotel is ideal as it is next to all the new high end shopping district - and walkable to MGM , Plante Hollywood, and Bellagio, etc.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I have stayed at Mandalay Bay, Wynn, and Bellagio on business. All great and each has their strong points. Mandalay Bay...best pools. Wynn...sleek elegance. Bellagio...location and very ornate. My wife and I always come home happy. My teenage sons wanted "in on it" and convinced me to forgo our usual east coast beach vacation and head to Vegas as a family! Aria was a couple of months away from completion when we were at Bellagio. I hit their web site in January and made plans to stay at the Aria SkySuites. WOW! I feel bad for anyone who had any issues at all during their visit because ours was five nights and six days of perfection. The Sky Suite came with some "extras", from limo service to private check in and private elevators and I have never been more impressed with service. I felt like a King, with a Queen and two Princes with me! Blows away all of the resorts I have been to. Hands down, no contest! The Suite was unbelievable, the twice daily room cleaning, the amenities, every detail the best. Great lobby with drinks and light snacks. Rented a cabana on a 105 degree day and it was worth every penny. Again, no detail overlooked here. Love Mandalay Bay, Wynn, and Bellagio. But I have no reason to go anywhere as long as Aria "performs" the way they did August 8th thru the 13th! A lifetime of memories for my family...thanks to Aria.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family