“Comfortable - but room for improvement”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #16 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, UK
“Comfortable - but room for improvement”
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Aria is understated and comfortable, and provides a real contrast to the bright lights of the Strip. We found that the hotel offered a welcome respite from noise and bustle of Vegas - so I would recommend it, on that basis, to people who think the full-on Vegas experience might be just a bit too much.

We had the lowest-priced room type but it was still huge, with a bath and a shower, a very comfortable king bed, lots of room to move around and lots of cupboard space. We also thought that the breakfast buffet was excellent value.

There were a few things we didn't like. Our room wasn't cleaned on one day, although we had asked for service (housekeeping was thorough on the other days). The remote control for the tv was maddeningly slow to respond. The pools seemed very small to us (although we didn't really have anything to compare them to) and the vanilla perfume which they pump out on all the public floors was really unpleasant and overpowering. Wifi costs $15 per night. They also charge $10 to hold a parcel for a guest - but the concierge didn't mention the fee when I called up to ask about this service.

These are small things, and we were happy with the hotel overall - but there is definitely room for improvement.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank agrippina17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,396)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Yorktown Heights
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Stayed 2 nights at Aria, at begining of our trip thru Southwest. This is one of the best hotels in Las Vegas we ever stayed. From the rooms to the people who work there, it's in class of its own. Everything in the room is high technology and is easy to master, don't understand people who complain about it. When I will go back to Vegas this the place I will stay again.

2 Thank sig
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 18 September 2010

We are at the Aria now. Warning about the door lock...

I have a question. My mom was locked in the bathroom for 3 hours yest. The lock broke in the bathroom and she couldn't get out. We came back from the pool and she was in tears. Horrible. What if there was a fire??!! They only gave her a $75 room credit... Lord!

What should we do????

The kicker is... Maintence had to get her out. We couldn't. the lock had to be taken off and door lifted out if hinges. He said thus happened many times and he wishes they would do something about it.

• Stayed September 2010
Queensland
Reviewed 18 September 2010

This was the newest hotel in Las Vegas and had excellent amenities. The pools were brilliant (AND needed in the Las Vegas heat) and location was perfect. What surprised us was the newer innovation of " automatically deducted pay for what you use". If you so much as moved an item in their room fridge, you were charged for it. Don't bother putting it back because you have been zapped by a sensor in the fridge,. AND the prices of bar items was ridiculously expensive. BE WARNED!! For the price of rooms you wold think the internet may have been provided but at US$15 per 24 hours they get their extras out of you. And the fitness centre was extra. The room cleaners were shocking as we had items like towels that were replaced were actually short changed. ( i am sure we would have been charged for items missing on checkout!! ) Then we found that some drinking glasses were not changed and still had water in them. The bed was the best we have ever slept in and the overall comfort was great. but when you pay the type of nightly fee they ask, you expect to have better room service. We would rather go back to the Belagio next visit.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank ozracer101
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Immaculate and new. Rooms high tech. Elvis show was great. Room service was very prompt. All staff was polite and professional. No electrical outlets near the beds. Decor very plain. Entire hotel looks and feels like they ran out of money and didn't finish it! Not a single live flower arrangement in the place. Decor is all rocks, stones and marble. The pools were crowded but the cabanas were lovely. Best cabana service in all of Vegas. Jean Phillipe pastry shop is fabulous. Friends and family stayed here because we had an offer we could not refuse. Overall just fine. This is no where near the caliber of the Bellagio (my favorite) or Encore (Wynns). The location really sucks unless you are interested in visiting south end resorts. In the future I won't bother staying anywhere but the Bellagio no matter how good the deal is.

1 Thank ann22901
Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Aria from September 10 -15th. We go to Vegas about 3 -4 times a year. We were a little anxious to stay there due to some of the negtative reviews regarding poor service from hotel staff in housekeeping, checkin and maintenance. Because we received the players club promotion of $79 plus 2 free buffets we thought we would give the hotel a try.

The moment we arrived to the hotel lobby to checkin at 9:00pm a young lady took us immediately to a checkin person, His name was Keith. An extremely polite and enthusiastic individual. We spoke with him for about 10 minutes exchanging pleasantries. He made every effort to get to know us and told us about he and his wife. We told him that we just had an anniversary and he sent up to our room a wonderful box of Jean Philiippe Chocolates., We also mention to him we wanted to have a late dinner at Lemon Grass so he immediately called the restaruant and reserved a table for us later that evening. He then gave us great directions to our room on the 20th floor with a very nice view of west Las Vegas. Our room was far from the elevators but it was'nt a big deal as you get use to the distance, because you are farther from the center of the hotel you get a better view.

I really like the high tech room and the system was very user friendly. For most guys who like TV remotes it is very straight forward. If you are like myself who likes to TV surf alot the batteries do run out. The bad news is our batteries did run out on the TV remote and then you cannot work the system. We called maintenance and they delivered new batteries in about 1 hour.

When we arrived at Lemon Grass restaurant the hostess was extremely friendly. The bus person brought us water and tea immediately and then the waiter greeted us. He was very friendly and also personable. A few minutes later another staff person came to our table to make sure we were being served. The price is a little expensive compared to comparable Thai or Vietnamese restaurants of this type of the strip but we enjoyed our meal. We also had breakfast at Cafe Vettro. Again, friendly and efficient staff. The breakfast portions are large and I am glad my wife and I shared a breakfast.

The room has a privacy switch and I accidentally push the button in the morning so housekeeping did not clean our room. We we came back to our room at 5:00pm we called housekeeping and a housekeeper came within 10 minutes to clean our room. I had a very nice conservation with her and she told me that the supervisors are changing systems on a regular basis to ensure that hotel guess are receiving the best service possible. She was very thorough and I was happy to tip her. Every time we passed housekeeping staff in the hallway we were always politely greeted.

My wife used the pool area and was very satisfied with the facilities. Make sure you always carry your room key because they ask for your key to enter the pool area and room elevators.

We thought the casino had a limited variety of machines especially penny, nickel and quarter machines. The minimum bet for the penny machines was actually 30 to 50 cents. We have our favorite machines at other casinos so we just went there to use the slots.

My wife went to check on tickets for Viva Elvis but the show was dark that night but was given a a password to get a great discount for KA at the MGM ticket office. We got $150 tickets for $55. They were great seats and the performance was sold our that night.

It was very easy to park in the parkade and an easy walk to enter the hotel not like the lots at MGM, Caesars Palace, Mandalay Bay etc.

Overall we had a great stay and and had a great experience. I am a frequent traveller and I felt the experience at the Aria was more like a 5 star hotel experience rather that a casino experience like we have had at the MGM Grand and other Vegas Hotels.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank haileythegolden
Hanalei, Hawaii
Reviewed 16 September 2010

I got a Player's Club deal for $79/night with 2 free buffets. Since they are about $35, I figure we paid $9 for one of the best rooms I've ever stayed in. We were on the 53rd floor with a beautiful mountain view. The decor is elegant and modern, the bed AMAZING and the touch-screen remote by the bed was a lot of fun for a gadget-freak like myself. It was easy to use and you control everything in the room without leaving the bed - amazing! It even told us our door was ajar at one point.

The staff were all very, very friendly and helpful. The pool area is really great - five different pools with about 10 lounge chairs to every person there. Of course we were there during the week, so I imagine it's more crowded on the weekends. Cocktail service was great - but the drinks were pricey as usual.

We ate one dinner at Cafe Vetro which was really good. I had the steak/salad/drink combo for $31 and it was probably the best meal I had on this trip. We also gorged ourselves at the (free) buffet which was above average, but still a buffet. The crab legs were so salty we couldn't eat them, but everything else was good. Oh - the desserts are really, really good. Really. We also got a dessert crepe, breakfast pastries and coffee at the bakery in the casino and it was all very good too. They gave me the wrong brioche (pear instead of almond) but it was yummy so I didn't mind.

We didn't have the time to really explore the other restaurants of shops, but will definitely try to go back and do so.