“Really Impressive” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sacramento, California
“Really Impressive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

I arrived around midnight , the check-in service was quick and efficient. My room with a view - was excellent. The room was squeaky clean smoke free. The hotel was just beautiful, modern and up to date technology. I have stayed in Las Vegas many times but this was really impressive.
Edit - Delete

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank CAperson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,240)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Carlsbad, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

I have read reviews on this location and was a little concerned that I might not enjoy the hotel or at least the staff, but that was not the case. Check-in and out were very easy and fast. I got an amazing rate by signing up for their email alerts. The room was the nicest I have stayed in on the strip, including the hotel right next to this one with the big pond (you know which one I am talking about). The only complaint I could have would be the food options. All of the food at this hotel is very expensive, more than I like to spend in Vegas. I travel to Vegas usually two or three times a year and have tried to stay at all of the hotels on the strip. I rank this one at the top and will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank sd_carlsbad_NM
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

I stayed at Aria for a bacholerette party I threw for my girlfriend. The hotel was nice, as were the amenities, but UNFORTUNATELY they are affiliated with a company called The Light Group, which I was referred to by the hotel to help me plan the weekend of events. The two girls who took care of my weekend, Nicole and Kokie, gave me confirmations for each reservation months in advance when I inquired about bookings. Then the week of, I checked in to make sure everything was in order and NONE OF THE RESERVATIONS HAD BEEN MADE!!!! They said they fixed what they could, but I was so humiliated as I took a group of 7 women around to each place and venues proceeded to tell me my reservations didn't exist. Luckily I brought along my Ipad everywhere and showed each vendor my confirmation email from The Light Group. For the most part, the vendors were in the hotel and the hotel was kind enough to honor the original reservations. However, I was told by several employees of the hotel that this company was "a joke" and "sucked" and one employee of The Light Group itself told me these two employees in particular who handled my weekend were "incompetent" and "screwed up everything." When I tried reaching out to management they TOTALLY ignored my calls and emails. I tried calling the hotel, as they had referred them, and they took my information and emails of proof and said they would investigate, but never followed up.
For a city where competition is abundant and customer service should be imaculate, I was VERY disappointed in The Light Group, and consequently in Aria. No one followed up with my complaints, and managment blatantly ignored my requests to discuss. I waited until I was sure no one cared about my experience to give a bad review. If you are interested in a nice hotel, Aria did the trick. If you want to make any plans that require reservations or competency, I recommend utilizing Aria's concierge and NOT The Light Group.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Ihearttravel10
Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

We stayed at the Aria from August 27-30 and were in room 15-117. Overall, we had a great stay. It's in an ideal location and connected to the Mirage and other MGM properties on that side of the strip via tram (we didn't take the tram). We booked through a SW Vacation package which included airfare and choice of MGM hotel. We picked the "deluxe room" and were facing the Rio and the new Cosmopolitan hotel, currently under construction next door.

Here are the highlights:
- Hotel location: Well-located next to the Mirage and Bellagio. 24-hour CVS drug store is right next to it to pick up essentials if needed.
- Architecture and ambiance: Stunning architecture with tons of water elements all over the property. The lobby is "grand", but like other reviews mentioned, the vanilla-esque smell was overwhelming and distracting. We didn't really care for it.
- Check-in: Pretty easy. I had read previous reviews and had set my expectations accordingly about a possible slow check-in, but it was pretty effortless. There was staff to greet us and point us in the right direction and line.
- Room: Beautifully appointed. Great details like the scale in the bathroom; the safe in the nightstand which can accommodate two laptops and more; the big bathroom; technology. The dark wood furniture, although very chic, shows some wear already with chipped nightstands. Pillows and beds are incredibly soft and feathery. Not bad if you like it, but if you prefer firmer beds or pillows, this may not work for you. Also, we loved the floor to ceiling windows. We were a bit distracted with the construction air horn blowing every once in a while from the Cosmopolitan (they were doing construction on the pool), but it wasn't so bad that we thought we had to move.
- Housekeeping: Did a good job. No complaints. One of the days, it was already 3:30 and they hadn't hit our room yet, but it eventually got done.
- Pool: Wait service was good. They have several pools to choose from. Never had an issue finding a chaise, but I got to the pool pretty early in the day (10:30 am). Folks showing up later in the afternoon had a hard time finding a place to settle.
- Food: Ate breakfast at the Cafe Vettro, which was very good and very reasonable. Not a buffet, but a menu structured restaurant. Also had snacks (gelato, pastries) at the Patisserie shop on the Casino level. I've been to France several times and the pastries are just like there. Incredible. It was always packed. If it's too crowded, try the quick little "To Go" bar/cafe near the North valet, I think. Grabbed coffee there several times when the Pastry shop was too crowded, even for coffee. They also seem to have nice restaurants on the Viva Las Vegas floor, but we didn't have an opportunity to check any of them out.
- Casino: My husband are not huge gamblers, so we played a bit, and had fun. Won and lost some.
- Check-out: I sense that they're still trying to figure out the best way to manage this. There was staff available to greet folks checking out and advising folks about express check out if you didn't want to check your room bill (which we did, so we waited in line). It was a little busy, but it usually is at check-out time in large hotels. They were staffed adequately, I think.
- Hotel staff: Staff across the board for our stay were very pleasant, nice, and helpful. I'd read otherwise, but did not run into any issues with staff at all.
- Internet access: Wifi is pricey ($15 per 24-hour period). We found that we could get it for free the first couple of days we were there, but then as soon as the weekend crowd hit, the hotel added their security and locked down access to paying customers only. Business Center rates are a rip off for any kind of internet access or printing.
- MGM-property perk: We purchased tickets to an event at the Mirage from the concierge at the Mirage and were able to bill it to our room at the Aria, which was nice.
- Adjacent shopping mall: Architecturally stunning property. Still a little vacant, but has all the standard Vegas stores and still being filled by retail stores.

It had been a while (6 years and 3 kids later) since we had been to Las Vegas. We had not heard of the Aria, nor had most of our friends somewhat familiar with Vegas, but we wanted to stay in a 5-star resort. We'd recommend it highly to our friends going there and would stay there again.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashburn_Pats
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

We received an invitation from the Aria & booked for 3 nights incl. our anniversay Jun 23, 2010. The pungent odor in the casino & shopping centre gave me a headache but the worst part was the accommodation. First night asked for "strip view room" & were given a 6th floor room with panoramic view of 8 storey cement parkade! Very nice assist. mgr. moved us into "sky tower suite" on 2nd day. List of deficiencies with suite incl.: bent track on curtains,so no "black-out feature", badly chipped veneer on coffee table & bed nightstand, desk phone didn't work, bedside lamps controls reversed left to right, blood stains on bedspread & bathroom wallpaper, toilet "wash feature" not operational, bedroom broken lamp shade, bathroom broken lamp, dangerous metal corner brackets on base of king bed protruding about 6 inches beyond mattress, wall behind headboard not painted, and most amazing: blank white wall facing bed with wires/cables protuding from hole in centre where tv should be mounted & when reported to staff as possible theft of tv, was told room was built for tv but not scheduled to receive one yet???? All this in a hotel that's just a few months old & cost billions to build! We were offered another move, meant 3rd time packing & unpacking in 3 days but not much point especially as this was now our anniversary day....happy anniversary to us! Wrote a letter to mgmnt on return home months ago, have yet to receive a response! Stayed at NewYork NewYork in Aug. & had email thanking us for our stay & asking if everything was satisfactory within a week. Also stayed at Bellagio, our favorite hotel, this month & had the usual fabulous room & fantastic service.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank didi014
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

This was a last minute decision because we had to spend one night somewhere. I had been very curious about the Aria and this was my chance, so I went for it. Check in was nice and smooth, very quick actually. I booked a deluxe room. I did not book a city view room but I was given a high floor. I was not sure what to expect for a view. My first impression after stepping off the elevator was that it looked like a nice cono building or luxury apartment building. It had a nice feel to it. When we walked in the direction of our room, 32-167, we were pleasantly surprised. The hallway has a panoramic view of the strip! It was outrageous! I thought that was an incredible touch. The room keys don’t work like standard room keys. All you have to do it hold the key up to the round sensor on the door and it opens. There’s no slot to stick it in, which is perfect for me since I always seems to have trouble with those. As soon as you walk in the room for the first time, the drapes open to show you the view. Considering I did not pay extra for a view, I thought my view was great. Immediately in front of us was the Cosmopolitan, so we were able to see the construction. They are making great progress. To our left, we could see the Aria corner suites and the Rio in the distance. To the right we could see Planet Hollywood very clearly and a piece of the Eiffel Tower. The room was beautiful but small. However, for a small room they used the space wisely. I really liked the color scheme and the furniture. It was very contemporary but very plush. The room is very high tech. All of your controls are next to your bed. You basically don’t have to get out of bed to change anything, including the temperature. There is even a channel that tells you if flights are on time, which I thought was awesome! The pool at the Aria is nice but not spectacular. I thought it was bit of a walk from the room. They do check for room keys at the entrance to the pool, which is a plus. Beverage service at the pool was not good at all. Nobody serviced our section. It was like we were invisible. Overall, the hotel was very nice. Would I recommend it to someone? Sure. Would I stay there again? Probably not, unless I’m comped.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LuxeGirlNYC
Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

I was very skeptical on this place because of some of the reviews. Was a little nervous and overwhelmed when I got out of the cab but within minutes of walking through the glass doors, employees greeted me with smiles and offered any help I needed. Not sure if I was the exception instead of the rule, but we were there for 4 days and 3 nights and everyone there offered help 24/7.
Rooms were wonderful and not too techno. Just check it out for a few minutes and it is quite easy to maneuver. Housekeeping was wonderful and I am quite messy while in Vegas because of time shortage. They made everything look great and took great pride in there work!
The casino is beautiful and the machines are lots of fun. I won many times and lost many times. It was great! The cocktail waitresses were quick and always had a smile even with many rude customers.
The concierge was wonderful and was never too busy to help. Also had a great smile.
The front desk was great to check in /check out and answer any questions in between.
The whole hotel was the nicest place I have stayed in a long time. Love the location and finally could navigate by the time I left. I can't wait to go back

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family