“Fabulous!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Pensacola, Florida
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 24 September 2010

Wonderful modern room, great location, friendly staff, terrific spa!

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,358)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
USA
Reviewed 24 September 2010

Stayed four days at the Aria.

Good stuff- The swimming pools were fantastic. A diverse group of music was played over speakers. Attentive cocktail servers.

Very comfortable bed. Great shower/bath.

Bad stuff- Asked for a room with a strip view. We were told "No problem". But when we went to our rooms, we were facing the opposite direction of the strip. Not much to look at except a multi story parking lot and the Palms which was several miles away.

The food in the casino was totally overpriced. We went to "American Fish" (I believe that's what it's called) in the Aria. The food was totally mediocre. I ordered the sea salt baked shrimp. It was delivered luke-warm, and had no flavor to it. We also ordered a bottle of wine, which was never brought to our table. Also, you have to pay seperate for any side dishes. The meals DO NOT come with any salad, etc.. One of my friends ordered the horse radish mashed potatos. She said it tasted like instant potatos to her. The price for two entrees and one side dish including tip was $125.

There was one bartender that was really rude. I asked what one would mix with "Absolute Pear" (vodka). He said, "I don't know, I don't drink that S--t". I walked away. I told another bartender in the Aria aout this guy. He knew right away who it must've been.

All in all, a nice hotel, but the food and drinks are way too overpriced. Expect to pay a minimum of $14 per mixed drink, unless you are sitting at a gaming table.

I will probabaly stay at New York New York, or the Mandalay Bay next time.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank Diabla454
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 September 2010

On 9/19/10, we checked in to room 172__. My disappointment started with a soaking wet tissue box in the bathroom. Then, as I was about to step into the shower, housekeeping comes in the room and wants to know if I'm checking out. The following morning, I requested the front desk to replace the room filter because it was covered with a THICK, white layer of dust. And to top it off, housekeeping didn't clean my shower/tub enclosure or replace the bath towels.

It was a mistake staying at ARIA. But... we were lucky that we only stayed for 2 nights.

One good thing to say about Aria: It's a great looking hotel, in between Bellagio and Monte Carlo.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BobbbyE
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 September 2010

On a recent business trip to Vegas my office booked me into the Aria, not sure of what to expect of either Vegas or the hotel being my first time in Sin City.

I celebrated my birthday, never good while on hectic business trip so i took the upgrade of $50 and stayed on the 52 floor in a suite. Amazing view of the strip and out past the airport and hills beyond. Hotel standard was very high and being 6 months old everything smelt and looked new. The lighting and curtain were a little to high tec, taking me the entire stay to work out how to light my rooms and keep the curtains open...

Only two things that bugged me, was you can't sit in the bed and watch TV as there is only one tv, odd for a suite and the bedside lamp cable is too short and the cleaner moves the lamp in the morning and service men come back at night to reposition everything re plug the cable located behind the fitted wall etc.. 4 days... become a bit tiring...

The design of the place is very unusual, not so in your face as many i saw there, restaurants serve suitable food though, i did notice a long queue each morning when i left to do business, not so good if your not an early riser.

The gym acess is not included, a nusinsance and closes at 8pm??? what's that about...

Otherwise good service location is on the strip if your there to gamble, it's everywhere...

you'll be happy at this one...

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank forward_cabin
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 24 September 2010

I arrived around midnight , the check-in service was quick and efficient. My room with a view - was excellent. The room was squeaky clean smoke free. The hotel was just beautiful, modern and up to date technology. I have stayed in Las Vegas many times but this was really impressive.
Edit - Delete

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank CAperson
Carlsbad, NM
Reviewed 23 September 2010

I have read reviews on this location and was a little concerned that I might not enjoy the hotel or at least the staff, but that was not the case. Check-in and out were very easy and fast. I got an amazing rate by signing up for their email alerts. The room was the nicest I have stayed in on the strip, including the hotel right next to this one with the big pond (you know which one I am talking about). The only complaint I could have would be the food options. All of the food at this hotel is very expensive, more than I like to spend in Vegas. I travel to Vegas usually two or three times a year and have tried to stay at all of the hotels on the strip. I rank this one at the top and will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank sd_carlsbad_NM
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 23 September 2010

I stayed at Aria for a bacholerette party I threw for my girlfriend. The hotel was nice, as were the amenities, but UNFORTUNATELY they are affiliated with a company called The Light Group, which I was referred to by the hotel to help me plan the weekend of events. The two girls who took care of my weekend, Nicole and Kokie, gave me confirmations for each reservation months in advance when I inquired about bookings. Then the week of, I checked in to make sure everything was in order and NONE OF THE RESERVATIONS HAD BEEN MADE!!!! They said they fixed what they could, but I was so humiliated as I took a group of 7 women around to each place and venues proceeded to tell me my reservations didn't exist. Luckily I brought along my Ipad everywhere and showed each vendor my confirmation email from The Light Group. For the most part, the vendors were in the hotel and the hotel was kind enough to honor the original reservations. However, I was told by several employees of the hotel that this company was "a joke" and "sucked" and one employee of The Light Group itself told me these two employees in particular who handled my weekend were "incompetent" and "screwed up everything." When I tried reaching out to management they TOTALLY ignored my calls and emails. I tried calling the hotel, as they had referred them, and they took my information and emails of proof and said they would investigate, but never followed up.
For a city where competition is abundant and customer service should be imaculate, I was VERY disappointed in The Light Group, and consequently in Aria. No one followed up with my complaints, and managment blatantly ignored my requests to discuss. I waited until I was sure no one cared about my experience to give a bad review. If you are interested in a nice hotel, Aria did the trick. If you want to make any plans that require reservations or competency, I recommend utilizing Aria's concierge and NOT The Light Group.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends