“Can I go back now?”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I stayed at Aria from 9/19-9/24/2010 with my husband and another couple. From the moment we pulled onto the property we were nothing but impressed! The hotel and casino are absolutely gorgeous. I was a little nervous given the negative remarks many other reviewers have made but my fears were immediately put to rest. The bell man was very prompt and friendly. We were checked in in under 5 minutes (including wait time). This was on a Sunday around 6:00p. Our friends were able to get a room directly across the hall from us which was perfect.

I quite enjoyed the vanilla smell they pump into the casino. It was much better than the flowery smell many other properties use to mask the smoke smell. I thought the casino was great; not too dark at all! The cocktail service was a little slow, I thought and they didn't have the Deal or No Deal machine I like! Other than that, no problems.

The room itself was absolutely gorgeous! I have never slept on a more comfortable bed--and I don't even like soft mattresses! My husband has a bad back and he said it felt great while sleeping at Aria. Everything was spotless and we loved the double sink set-up, as we don't have that at home. The rain showerhead was great as well. The water pressure was a little funky on the sinks and I can see why other reviewers complained about getting sprayed by the faucets. No problems with the electronic controls and I thought the blackout curtains were fine, although other reviewers complained that they let a strip of light in at the top.

We ate breakfast several times at the buffet. I would definitely recommend getting there before they start putting out the lunch items (breakfast ends at 11a). I much preferred the breakfast selections to the lunch items, but that's my personal preference. We also ate twice at Cafe Vettro for dinner. Great service and good food, with typical Vegas prices. Ordered room service 3 times and it was always prompt and the order was correct. Had room service for breakfast and they set up a lovely table in front of our window for a very nice dining experience!

We also used the spa facilities and they were fantastic! So relaxing and just perfect in every way! I highly recommend the hand, foot, and scalp treatment. So relaxing after all the walking you do in Vegas!

The location was fine; there's a lot of walking to do no matter where you stay, I think! We took a lot of cabs during our stay and there were always plenty waiting at the taxi stand.

I will definitely be staying at Aria again for my next trip to Las Vegas. We were in almost every one of the other casinos on the strip and not one even compared to the level of class and glamour of Aria (Caesar's Palace would be my next choice). I cannot wait to go back!!

1  Thank trydoghouse

Reviewed 27 September 2010

There are a lot of great hotels in Vegas and believe me the Aria is not one of them. From the pretentious / ignorant front desk staff to the terrible house keeping staff ( if they clean your room at all) there is really nothing good to say about this place. Well maybe that it looks pretty. Only stayed there two nights, thank god. On the first day our room wasn't ready for check in until 6:30 as none of the non- smoking rooms had been cleaned. On the second day our room was finally cleaned at 8 PM only after a trip to the front desk to tear a strip off of the so called manager. Don't bother trying to call house keeping they don't answer and the front desk will keep you on hold for at least half an hour before they answer the phone. No coffee in the rooms so you have to purchase your $4.00 a cup morning coffee in the casino. Restaurants offer up mediocre food at ridiculous prices. Beds are a back breaker like sleeping on a marshmallow which slopes to the outside edges, weirdest bed I've ever slept on. The technology in the rooms doesn't work, in our room if you open the curtains the bathroom lights go out. Air conditioning will not keep the room cool was on full blast the whole time we were there and room was still warm. I've stayed at many hotels both more and less expensive than the Aria but have never felt as ripped off as I did at this place. Never again. Avoid Avoid Avoid!

5  Thank tnuhlj
Reviewed 27 September 2010

It looked wonderful and glamorous on the internet Aria site. It opened in December 2009 but has mountains to climb and great distances to travel before it can meet expectations. It does not begin to compare with the majority of strip hotels. Guest services are lacking and housekeeping needs attention. No complimentary coffee in rooms. No refrigerator in rooms. Linens were supposed to be changed daily on our 39th floor; no one told us until a housekeeper asked us about linens. We were here one full week; returned home 09/24. Housekeeping did not clean bathrooms properly (water spots on fixtures and no fresh soaps provided.) Fully automated draperies, lights did not work. Four lights burned out but never got repaired. The automated system was too cumbersome to learn in just a few minutes. Telephone charges on bill - no telephone used; that's what cellphones are for! Check-out? Lines do not move. Credit card machines overwhelmed and died. Staff said they were 99-100% booked. Not prepared. It is a slick, glamorous place but needs to quality control attention. Avoid this resort hotel for at least another year.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank SamNDonna
Reviewed 26 September 2010

We have been to Las Vegas several times and always stayed at the Bellagio which we love, but we were tempted by the Aria because of the promotions we received. We had watched City Center being built and were curious to see the project as it neared completion. We knew the architects involved in the project by reputation and so booked 3 nights there in September.

The Aria exemplifies the best and the worst of modern architecture: the best being the use of computers to design angles and spaces that would have been virtually impossible a few years ago: the worst being the starkness and coldness of the building materials used. The inside of the hotel is imposing and uninviting. The seating in the large lobby consists of granite benches, for example. They may be practical but hardly comfortable. The colors in the hotel are dull. There is very little "life" to many of the spaces. That said, our room was a refuge from the coldness of the lobby. Because the hotel has recently opened, the rooms are immaculate, bedding comfortable, and bathrooms clean. Our room, just a standard king, was spacious and well lit. Our view of the mountains and pool areas was lovely. (The pool areas were our favorite spaces in the hotel. There are several pools, plenty of lounges in sun and shade, and landscaped very nicely.)

When you walk into the lobby you will notice an odor, not necessarily bad, but pervasive and a little sweet. I asked about it and was told it was "Vanilla Mist" and was used in all the public spaces to mask the odor of smoke from the casino. At first it seemed a little overwhelming, but we eventually got used to it. However, anyone particularly sensitive to odors and perfumes should avoid this hotel, for sure.

We did not eat any meal other than breakfast in the hotel. The buffet (which came with our package) had so many choices you really had to pace yourself.

We did see the Cirque du Soleil show featuring the music of Elvis Presley one evening and I would offer one word of advice. There is not a bad seat in the theater so don't worry about getting a seat close to the stage. We were in the third row and actually wished we had been further back. The performance, by the way, was very entertaining - loud but entertaining.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a bargain at a nice, centrally located place to stay, but don't expect the rates to stay low for long. The hotel was crowded with conventioneers and other guests taking advantage of the bargains, but as business picks up, I'm sure the rates will too. The monorail (free) which is just outside the hotel will take you to the Bellagio if you need a "fix" for elegance and old world charm.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Grace1947
Reviewed 26 September 2010

While the modern architecture and sculptures both inside and out are strikingly beautiful this hotel lacks the charm and high level of service of her sister hotel Bellagio next door. The rooms are ultra modern with keyless entry, single source control for lights, drapes, audo/video and room service but lacked the little niceties like nightly turn-down service that we expect when paying this much per night. The bathroom amenities were 'down-market' in white plastic containers, but the linens - both sheets and towels were well-appointed although the mattress was a tad on the soft side. Room service was surprisingly quick in a hotel with 4000-plus rooms however the bar service on the casino floor was very slow indeed. There wasn't much variety in the slot games compared with a Wynn or Bellagio The location means a bit of a walk from the entrance to the strip although there is a free tram that runs between Monte Carlo and Bellagio. The mall 'Crystals' that is connected to the hotel by a walkway - Tiffany, Versace, Gucci etc. was empty except for a few scattered souls wandering about. We tried one of the restaurants - 'Blossoms' which did have excellent service and although they described themselves as 'classic Chinese' had a very limited menu and limited wine selection. The two entrees with two glasses of wine and a beer and sharing one dessert came to $135. The front desk staff were pleasant enough but seemed a bit disorganized and although we arrived at 11am and they promised that there would be a room ready by 12 - we had to keep checking back with them every hour (their request) and finally got to our room after 3pm. We found the internet access at the business centre a bit pricey at $15.00 minimum for 15 minutes of internet time. Because of the location and because the service levels didn't seem quite 'polished' yet we would not stay there again and will likely return to Bellagio instead.

3  Thank canadianicequeen
Reviewed 26 September 2010

GREAT HOTEL FROM BEGINNING TO END.

Distance to strip, Maximum 5 mins slow walk from front door of Aria to the strip street edge.
Will take much longer if you use the link to Monte Carlo and Bellagio.

Check-In - 7pm ish - No queue at all , Very pleasant and helpfull desk clerk. Gave us a free upgrade because our flights were delayed and we were late in checking in.

You need to show your room key to security before you can access the elevators to the rooms.

Room- 24th floor Brilliant view looking towards the Veer Towers and MGM and Monte Carlo.
Room was spotless and housekeeping did a brilliant job daily. The biggest and most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The in-room facilities were cool and easy to use. The mini bar is weight sensitive so if you pick something up you will be charged.

Room Service- Brilliant and very quick, was delivered within 20mins by a very polite and courteous member of staff. Strawberries dipped in chocolate yum!!

The Pools - Hundreds of sun loungers with some of them well shaded with trees and umbrellas. If you don't want to be in the shade there are plenty of beds without shade and as the pools are positioned you can get direct sun from early morning until early evening. Pool Bar and waitress service is ok but rather pricey. $10.00 for a large glass of coke. But they do have ice cold water coolers for free beside each of the pools. Plenty of free towels and a small shop selling lotions etc. Don't forget your room key as there is only one way into the pool area and its guarded. Which is great.

Delicious Jean-Phillipe patissiere in the lobby and a delicious Ice -cream and pastry shop on the pool and spa level. We went to the ice cream shop for our coffee in the morning as Jean-Phillipe was always really busy 1st thing in the morning.

Spa - Was Amazing!

We ate at Blossom and Jean George's Steakhouse. Both were great with Blossom being very quiet and not very busy on our visit, the steakhouse was much busier but we did not need a reservation and we got a table without waiting.

All of the staff were polite and courteous and they always smiled and spoke to us even when passing them in the corridors. We got them to check us in for our flights for the following day and they printed out our boarding passes too.

The whole Aria experience was wonderful from start to finish with not a bad thing to say about it. We would definatly return to this hotel and would certainly recommend it.

Oh yes and Viva Elvis the show was good but I enjoyed Cirque's O and Ka better. But as far as shows go i think it is all down to personnel taste. The Jersey Boys were really good too. V-the ultimate variety show was the biggest load of rubbish i have ever seen if it had not been for the juggling compere it would have been a waste of $30 , but at least I bought my tickets from TIX4tonight and got them half price. I will never pay full price for tickets again as the seating for all the shows were brilliant.

1  Thank dianegeorge
Reviewed 26 September 2010

The Aria is a beautiful Hotel but for the price you can stay in less expensive hotel and get rooms that are cooler than these. I love the room with its wonderful spa bath and remote controls for curtains and lights but we could not get the temp low enough. When I checked with the front desk I was told that they are ECO friendly and the temp is controlled by a ECO. I love the green ECO idea but not at my expense and not when I need a good nights sleep. Also, the check in process is a very long wait in line.

1  Thank JYDV