“My best trip to Vegas so far!”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #18 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 2 November 2010

The first impression when I walked into Aria was WOW! I knew when the City Center complex was being built it would be impressive. We were greeted by staff instantly who guided us into the check in lines. Our room was in the sky suites area and we were directed to the private check in for those rooms. During our stay we found the staff to be very engaging no matter where we were in the hotel. They made eye contact and greeted us most of the time - which you don't see very often in Vegas due to the amount of people around at any given time.

Our room in the Sky Suites was luxurious and had amazing views. We were there for a bachelorette party so it was the perfect space to have friends come and spend time before heading out on the town. No detail was forgotten in this room. The heated toilet seat was amazing in the middle of the night and the steam shower was great after a night out dancing. The lounge for the sky suites offered light snacks and evening cocktails and was a comfortable space to relax in between activities. Friends of ours had rooms in the main hotel and they were the best we have encountered in vegas yet. Decorated beautifully, spacious, great views, state of the art technology and our friends have given their accommodations their seal of approval.

The swimming pool at Aria was amazing - we were there in July so it's super hot and you spend a lot of time at the pool. It never felt so crowded and there was plenty of staff coming around to look after drinks and keep the pool decks clean. We booked a poolside cabana one day and it was incredible. The poolside cabana's at Aria are the best we have seen and our cabana attendant was great. He took great care of us and by the end of the day we felt like he was an old friend.

The restaurants that we dined in at Aria were also exceptional. Julian Serrano served up amazing Tapas. There were so many choices and we were hard pressed to find one that we didn't enjoy. It was a great atmosphere too - and even though the restaurant was busy it was not loud which we definitely appreciated. We also dined at Jean George's steakhouse and the food was exceptional and came out cooked exactly as we wanted it. The lighting was a bit darker than I would have liked it but it still gets a recommend from me for sure. The buffet at Aria is one of the better ones I have seen with many different serving stations, and offers enough variety for all tastes. The food tasted great and it was incredibly clean. Finally Cafe Vetro served up a great breakfast after a night out at the club. Our server was lovely and again spent some time getting to know us and making sure that we were well taken care of.

All in all our stay at Aria was the best we have had in Vegas and we all agree that we would recommend this hotel and will stay there again when we return to Vegas.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank AngieK_75
Write a ReviewReviews (25,001)

Reviewed 2 November 2010

OMG this hotel was amazing! Check in was mega quick we were very very tired off our 16 hour journey and the staff were right over to assist us with our bags and showed us to check in. We waited around 10 minutes to check in then we were straight up to our rooms to get ready to hit the clubs. We ordered room service a few time which was expensive but worth it when your too hungover to eat out.

If your going to Vegas for the clubs make sure you try and sort out guest list into a club each night although club promoters and managers will give anything to a big group of English girls. We got free entry every night into a different clyub such s hardrock, The Wynn ad XS in the Encore. All in all it was amaaaaaaaaazing!!

The Aria smelt beautiful all arond the hotel , The shops are great and they have a spa. The pools are great and your up ofr some fun at the weekend make sure you go to the Liquid Pool Partys held next to the pool area. Its like an outdoor club its great.

We had to turn the air con ff in the room as we could not sleep. But then as soon s we turned it off we slept like logs. Think they might pump oxygen into the rooms to get you up to go downstairs and gamble, but we werent big gamblers so we never did.

breakfast buffet was great- try the eggs benedict if you go it was the best i have ever tasted

To sum it up - Definatly Reccomend Aria Definatly reccomend Vegas.Its amazing!! Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank mylittlegrace
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Check in was very effiecient. Staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was very, very nice. It fetaures a computer based remote to control, TV, lightng, temperture, blinds, wake call, etc. That was pretty cool. Location is on the strip with a Tram to Bellagio. The Casino was not very smokey....This is a pet peeve of mine but cigarette smoke and Las Vegas go together. This casino was bearable, IMO. The pool was beautiful and crowded with young 30-somethings and this was October. Overall it was a good experience. Ask for the $100 voucher for reataurants inside Aria

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2010

This place is in mid strip in the heart of all the action in Vegas. This is a brand new hotel. quite nice and glitzy.
This is a full resort with everything. The casino area looked nice with less smoke ! Pool was great. I didn't try the retaurants but the jean philip patisserie was awesome.
Rooms are quite high techy. Drapes are pulled and the TV comes on when you enter the room. You can control the lights and the curtain from the TV. You can even check out with your TV.
Only downside were the elevators which were far from our room. If you are an elderly, considering the distance of the elevators from the rooms in the end of the hallways , it might be hassle for you. If you are not into high tech stuff, dealing with the room controls might be a pain for you.
I loved it and will highly recommend this place

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank Kamitravel
Reviewed 31 October 2010

We stayed at the Aria for two nights after spending 11/2 weeks in the National Parks. We booked the hotel in July (got a very good rate on their website for deluxe room).
We were so looking forward to spending time in Las Vegas and at the Aria.
The weather was bad at Bryce and we decided to come into Vegas a day earlier. We called the Aria Front Desk who at first seemed taken aback that we called them directly and not central reservations number. They then proceeded to say rooms were available but they would be unable to negotiate a rate with us that was anywhere near comparable what we were paying for the two nights already reserved. We decided to just book a room at another hotel and go to the Aria the following day.
We checked tripadvisor reviews and booked a room through expedia for the Ballys Hotel. We arrived at Ballys in the late afternoon and checkin was swift and pleasant. Room was large, clean, nonsmoking as requested and on a reasonably high floor. Hotel is not new but well maintained and service is prompt and courteous. They are adjacent to the Paris Hotel. Very centrally located. Bellagio is across the street and Aria is also close by.
We had breakfast the next morning and drove to the Aria with plan to just pre checkin and leave our luggage until a room was ready. I was given baggage claim check and told to go to pre-checkin.
Lines at checkin are extremely long and SLOW at the Aria. When my turn finally came I was told that she couldn't register us as it was my husbands name only on the reservation ( I booked deluxe room for two and provide both names to reservations agent). She then said okay she would take my information and my husband needed to come back with me with his photo ID when we came back.
We went to see the Hoover Dam and as promised the Aria did call in mid afternoon to say the room was ready.
We got backt to the Aria close to dinner time. We checked in and called for our bags. Unlike other reviews the bags did come in a very reasonable time. We were WOWED by the beauty of the room and all the modern amenities,electronics,etc. I was taking pictures/videos of the room just to post online. That was when I discovered that the free wifi internet didn't exist and they wanted a daily charge for this.
When I booked the room , I particularly was interested in the Aria as it posted a "no resort fee" and when I reserved the room was told that wifi would be included in the room charge. When I went down to the dest to query this I was told that "this won't be consolation to you but like the other Vegas hotels we are going to a resort fee in November".
Decided not to make a big deal out of this and went to dinner at Lemongrass. We had an excellent meal (service was also very good) and then went to explore the Vegas strip.
We got back to the room very late and that was when we learned a valuable lesson. If sleep is of any concern to you on a vacation before you are smitten by the beauty of a place take the time to check out the bed or whatever is most important to you.
The bed is "pillowtop" but were clearly not replaced since the hotel opened. What made it worse was the boxframe it was on was totally shot and needed to be replaced. We struggled to find a spot that we would not sink to the bottom or the middle and finally just slept on the floor. Yes I did just say that and between my husband and myself we have travelled all over the world for business and/or pleasure and never had to do this.
My husband went to the front desk in the morning and was told they would need to have housekeeping check out the bed. He said this was unaccesptable. Without any apology or offer of compensation they offered to show him another room with king bed (he requested that they show him a room with two queens thinking that we'd have a better chance of at least one good bed). They said the room with two queens would be an additional $30 charge. We were told to wait outside a room for security to show us the room and "try" the bed.. I think we waited at least 30 minutes or more for security. The second room was pretty much the same as the original but the bed was marginally better and for one more night I just wanted to settle in and enjoy the rest of my time in Vegas. I had left the privacy light (everything in this hotel is electronic) on when I left our first room as all our belongings were still in it. We came back to the room to call for a bellhop to move our bags only to find the room ajar and two men in the room switching the mattress. I am still clueless why they didn't offer to do this in the first place. They then looked at the box spring and said maybe they needed to put some plywood between the mattress and boxspring!! I know this can be done but in a 10 month old five star hotel????
We went out to enjoy our last day/evening in Vegas and pretty much spent the rest of our time anywhere but the Aria. Came back at the end of the evening only to find that the bulbs in the lamps by the bed needed to be replaced. Called housekeeping twice before someone came up and then he looked at me and said "did you try everything to see if they worked". Yes the remotes worked and the bulb needed to be replaced.
We didn't bother to call for a bellman on checkout and just took our bags to the parking lot ourselves. Checkout was not long but not once was an apology for our inconvenience even expressed by any of the staff.
If Vegas is on your list of places to go to please realize that there are so many hotels to choose from that please read reviews carefully before you choose hotel. Look beyond the surface as some of the older hotels in this tight economy may actually be providing better hospitality and services (Ballys did give us a book with several discount coupons).
The Aria and City Center are well located and the hotel is beautfiul and modern but they need to make serious changes in how the hotel is managed.
We have just gotten back from vacation but do plan on writing also to Aria and MGM management re our experience which I see from other recent reviews is unfortunately not uncommon.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KenNewYork
Reviewed 31 October 2010

The hotel is in a wonderful location for exploring Vegas. The hotel is very modern and the staff go the extra mile to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2010

We stayed here on holiday for 4 days. The rooms are designed for gadget freaks like me, so I loved the automation -- you can flip one switch and turn everything on or off as you enter or leave. I also loved being able to set an alarm that opened the curtains, turned on the TV and the lists. Very cool. We had only one time when the curtains wouldn't open, but a couple of tries later they did.

I loved that there was no line up when we checked in -- I absolutely hate when arriving on a long flight and having to stand in line for a long time to check in.

For the most part we ate at the buffet when we ate in the hotel, mostly for the selection. Like most buffets, the food is about average, but I did enjoy the fact that there was a huge selection and most of the food was not heavily processed junk. We could get real vegetables, real fruit, etc.

There was a small line up (3 minute wait) when we checked out, but we were offered to just leave an e-mail address and have our bill sent to us. We opted out of that, but it was nice that they offered.

We didn't get a lot of time to spend by the pool. However, the pool area small compared to some of the more popular casinos. It probably wouldn't have mattered much to us, but it could if you are used to the gigantic areas like at the Luxor.

The casino staff were pleasant, but the drink hostesses rarely came by and when they did it was often 30 minutes before they returned with a drink, if they did at all. We tip these ladies well and it still didn't really do us any good. Most of the time I just want water or club soda, but that was hard to come by.

The only negative part of our stay was the ODOR near the spa. I can't call it perfume or scent. This smell was gag-inducing horrible, overpowering and rank. Even walking by the hallway to the hallway to the spa was a "hold your breath and walk quickly" experience. This is something that definitely needs to be fixed. I would never book a spa appointment due to the...stink.

If we can get a a deal, we'll be back.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple