“Very accommodating”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Arkport, New York
“Very accommodating”
Reviewed 23 January 2011

I wanted to try the Aria since it is new. I have stayed at various other hotels including the Golden Nugget, Caesar's Palace, MGM, Alladin (now Planet Hollywood). First of all, we arrived at 7:00AM and was shocked that we were able to get into a room. It wasn't very clean and the window was dirty. I mentioned it to the front desk hoping to get a better room later in the day. They told me that Vegas had a recent storm and the windows couldn't be cleaned right away. They also said that they would get housekeeping to come up and clean. I said, ok. They also said that they would give us a credit for 2 breakfast buffets. The breakfast buffets were excellent. We also ate at the sports bar. I forget its name. We were in the mood for simple burgers. They were just ok. I'm not crazy about formed burgers but they were cooked to our liking and ok. The french fries were exceptional if you're in the mood for them. In general I would say that the decor is nice. Some areas of the hotel were nice. The hallways looked a bit cheap. Rooms were nice. I had no problem with the electronics in the room as some people mentioned and I did not touch the mini-bar!

1 Thank 52607Smiling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,328)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Monroe, NY
Reviewed 23 January 2011

I have just spent four nights at the Aria with my wife. The room, cleanliness, and service were exceptional.

I have read the reviews that others have written on this hotel and can only respond that we did not experience any of the problems
mentioned.

In contrast it was a wonderful experience

• Stayed January 2011
Brampton
Reviewed 23 January 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Aria on the 3rd week of Jan. We are in our late 30's and like to gamble, have a few cocktails, and stay in a modern comfortable quite room. The Aria provided everything we were looking for on our Las Vegas trip. The check in area is huge and stunning. The people at the counter were accomadating and efficient. Before we were able to get onto the elevator we had to show our room card to a security gaurd standing in the hall before the elevators. I thought that was great. When we got into our room we were extrememly pleased on the modern upscale decor. Flat panel T.V. that allowed you to control everything in the room from the temperature to the opening of the curtains. Our view of the Manderan hotel and the strip was awesome. The washroom was just the right size with a double sink and a great shower. The best part of the room was the amazing bed!! Once you lied down it was hard to get out of it. 24hrs. room service was fast and delicious. The Skybox Restaurant is good for a quick bite and a beer. I highly recommend the Prime Rib burger!! The Casino seemed small compared to other hotels, but was nice and there were alot of $10 tables throughout the day and night. The location of the Hotel was great. It is located between the Monte Carlo and The Cosmopolitan. Friends of ours stayed at the Bellagio and the walk was about 10 mins.(they thought our hotel was much better) One other thing, which may be important to some but not others, was the wat the Aria pumped in a Vanilla type smell, it didn't smell like an ashtray which some others do. My wife and I both agreed that the Aria will be the hotel we go to from now on. Check out the Spa for $30 a day.

Davidson, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 January 2011

This hotel is quite beautiful and not as chaotic as the typical casino resort in Las Vegas. The beds are unbelievably comfortable and everything is electronic in the rooms including the curtains. The restaurants within the resort were very good and a good value for the money spent. Housekeeping was not that great. Bathroom could have been a little cleaner and they left the battery out of the scale the whole time we were there.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 22 January 2011

This was my third trip to the Aria. Everytime I've stayed here was on a comp, so I guess I should feel lucky I didnt pay for the experience. Every single time I've been here, the technology that is so touted has failed. My curtains didnt close, the room reservation system was down, the players club was changing over to M-Life. Nothing at the Aria is simple, even down to the bell desk. There is a desk inside the hotel, but they make YOU take your bags outside and drop them with an employee. What is the purpose of the bell desk inside then? If you drop your bag with the outside person, you then need to walk to another valet entrance to get a cab. Definitely, NOT worth it.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Minicoco
London
Reviewed 21 January 2011

Shiny new hotel. First impression of the hotel is that its new, clean and modern. Room size is average for LV standard. We had a suite on high floor the view was good though bed was not comfortable.

Service is very poor. My partner got bitten by bed bugs/fleas/ insect in bed at night and her leg was swollen the following morning. We complained to the hotel and spent 3 - 4 hours dealing with Security/Manager/Reception/Housekeeping on hold on the phone, taking statements, waiting for responses. Nothing was done in the end. We were downgraded to a standard room after the bed bug and were promised to adjust the room rate. This was not communicated back to reception and we spent one hour at check hour explaining to reception. In the end we gave out and just left.

Rude and incompetent car park attendants / bell boys. One tells you to go left and the other tells you to go right. Incompetent staff.

Overall there are much better hotels in Las Vegas.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Tonton007
Reviewed 21 January 2011

Nice room in a great location. The room controls were frustrating at times but I would stay again at the Hotwire rate.

2 Thank GreatTraveltime