“DONT EVER STAY HERE YOU WILL BE SORRY !”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #14 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Mission Viejo, California
“DONT EVER STAY HERE YOU WILL BE SORRY !”
Reviewed 24 January 2011

The hotel itself looks nice but the people who work there are the worst I have ever encountered anywhere. The Cafe Vettro service staff was horrible. Took over 2 hrs for lunch in the middle of the afternoon. When we complained they did nothing but sneer and act like they didnt care. So I called the hotel manager from my room. Told her the story and she was very nice. Said she would comp our lunch tab since we got such poor service. THEN that night when I got back to my room she left a long winded message on my phone. Said she talked to the manager and now she was NOT going to comp us. The manager lied to her and said we said we didnt want her to do anything? Can you imagine? Pay all this money and get treated this way?
The rest of the time was the same. Every where we went. Lousy terrible service. At the buffet for breakfast we waited 20 mins for coffee??? And then they said" we cant leave a pot on the table?" For $51 for 2 you cant leave coffee? I have to wait for you to come back? each time I want more coffee? And they were never around.

Stay at the Wynn or Encore anytime you can. Everyone in town knows Steve treats his people best and they are all helpful...

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank JDfromLR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,280)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lubbock, TX
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I'm going to try to be fair in this review, but as you can see from the title, me and my colleague didn't have the best stay at this hotel...

The Aria is an spectacular new hotel in Las Vegas located in one of the best parts of the strip. It is connected with a free tram to the Monte Carlo and to the Bellagio, saving 15-20 minutes walk if you want to see the fountains. Just be ready to walk a lot in order to get to your room, as the elevators are located in the center of the building and if you are unlucky, your room will be located at the other end of the building.

The rooms have everything automated so you can open the blinds, tv, control the room temperature, alarm clock from your TV/remote...it was very impressive and nice gadget to play with.

The bathroom had an awesome design, two sinks, shower + Tub, all the ammenities, bathrobes....it was a really first good impression.....but then all started to go downhill: The water pressure (we were in the 20th floor) was not the best that you can ask for, very low pressure and not what I expected. Also, the room wasn't cleaned the first day until late in the afternoon....In addition, the glasses (where we were drinking sodas the day before) weren't replace after the "cleaning" and some trash wasn't pick up (Maybe because he/she was busy going through our stuff).

Also, we started to observed and hear things not expected for this type of expensive hotel: We took one of the elevators and found condoms on it (Check the pictures)....and one night it was almost impossible to sleep because of the sex marathon/spanking session next to our room & the bum bum from the music coming from one of the discos [Remember, I was in the 20th floor so I wasn't expecting the music to be heard at such hight floor)...I would have expected the rooms to have a better sound proof system in place (The beds were amazing, too bad the noise was to loud to be able to enjoy them).

Anyway, turning back to the title of my review: We came here for a business meeting and decided to stay an extra day to be able to gamble during our last night...Of course, when we arrived to the hotel, we looked everywhere for a safe to keep our money but we weren't able to find it anywhere (We later find out it is located inside the night stand and not in the closet/under the TV as in other hotels). So my colleague kept his money inside his backpack....only to find out the last day that the money was completely gone. We reported it with the hotel security, tried to narrow the time were it could have dissapear, sign a statement and that was it....The worst response from management really.... I was expecting either my colleague's money back or no charge for our rooms.... I definitely won't be coming here again.

Again, if you wanna party like crazy and you don't mind the loud noise, the trash in the elevators

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
9 Thank alecheverry
Jackson
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Overall, it was a good stay but the hotel is showing signs of employee guest service training issues, and not being able to handle the high volume of guests.
1) Expect long lines for check-in or check-out.
2) We had technical issues with phones, that weren’t repaired during our stay in-spite of repeated requests.
3) We had to request maid service to return and vacuum our carpet & clean dust-bunnies from our floors.
4) My sister’s corner suite was like a junior suite, and configured around a giant 4-5 foot structural column that ran through the room.
5) Guest service complaints are not handled in a timely manner. My sister booked a non-smoking suite and upon arrival to the room found a strong stench of cigarette smoke, and there were four Aria ashtrays placed around the room with matches. When she called the front desk, they kept repeating the same line, “We’re sorry, but we don’t have any control over another guest who may have smoked in the room.” As she repeatedly requested another room, they refused to accommodate her. She elevated the conversation to a manager, who repeated the same company line without offering a room change. Fifteen minutes later, she finally was offered the above junior corner suite!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FoodBeverageDirector
perth, western australia
Reviewed 24 January 2011

An amazing hotel. We had a corner suite with all the bells and whistles. The automatic everything impressed us all. From the lights, to the curtains, to the Tv, all fun. I liked the Tv in the bathroom. There was a fair bit of construction in the city area with the new hotel, but Aria a great base to see Vegas. The casino was amazing, and didn't have the awful smell that most of the casinos seem to have. I think the high ceilings and the newness help with that. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kramerpuss
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 January 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Aria last week for 3 nights. From the second we entered the hotel to the second we had to leave it, it was perfection.

I had emailed the hotel to let them know we were celebrating an anniversary and when we arrived to check in (no long queing at all) we were told that we had been upgraded to a beautiful corner suit with a city view (not to mention a whirlpool bath,a living room, guest bathroom and 3 flat screen tvs!)

On our first evening we were surprised by a beautiful plate of chocolate dipped strawberries and macroons delivered to our room, with a card saying "happy anniversary". I thought it such a lovely gesture.

The actual hotel interior design is beautiful, its modern, luxurious and very clean. The casino has a gorgeous smell (which i now miss!) -with honestly no smell of smoke or alcohol. The casino is just the right kind of busy- but not crazy busy which I loved. Drinks are free if you're gambling, so I took full advantage and drank champagne everynight!

We went to see O in the Bellagio which was incredible and worth every penny- I'd go again in a heartbeat!We watched the water fountains from a bar in the bellagio - which was very romantic!

The room is controlled by a touch screen controller- very simple to use, and the bellboy gave us a quick lesson anyway!The service was top-notch.

I'm a very picky lady and quite hard to impress, I notice things straight away and honestly this hotel is 5 star.

Definately going back next year! Thanks again Aria

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2011

We stayed at Aria for a week in January 2011. Mandatory "resort fee" ($20 or $30 USD per night) gets you access to pools and hot tubs. I received services in 3 different spas (Aria, Mandarin Oriental, and Bellagio) during this trip and this is the spa I would least recommend. For value for your dollar, visit Bellagio instead.

The Good Stuff: decent ventilation in the smoky casino, great location on the strip, nice lobby, room had a good view, room had awesome plugs to power all sorts of devices, nice flat screen tv in the room, good restaurants in the hotel, nice pool area, great hot tubs, great buffet. Nice showers in the room (hot water came quickly). Water pressure was sufficient. Within 10 minutes walking distance to Bellagio, Monte Carlo and NYNY as well as a CVS pharmacy. Internet access was super easy. No passwords to goof around with makes it user-friendly!

The Not-so-Good: most soft, squishy, uncomfortable mattress we have slept on in a long time and in many travels. After 3 nights we actually flipped this pillow-top nightmare over so we slept on the bottom of the mattress. Firmer to sleep on but sort of like sleeping on a box spring! I thought their internet was supposed to be fast but it was average. Because of the size of the hotel, I think they lose on the details (ie replenishing everything in your via housekeeping, keeping up with burnt out light bulbs, they left dirty drinking glasses in the room)... if housekeeping even comes at all! One night we called them at dinner time because they hadn't come yet- we needed clean towels. When we arrived I felt the bathroom wasn't very clean because I counted 12 hairs in the bathroom (sinks, floor, etc...) They don't have any variety of pillows available- you get what you get in the room and they are synthetic but squishy like feather pillows. Beware- your room could be a looooong walk from the elevators. There is only one elevator bank and there are some very long hallways.

Despite the weak points, I would recommend this hotel (only to people who like soft squishy beds, mind you). It was generally clean in the public areas, the decor is nice to look at (they have some beautiful textured wallpapers and art in the hotel). The food was good, the pool was nice etc... so overall it was a decent stay. As for us, we will try someplace else next time we return to Vegas.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Love this hotel!
beautiful rooms, great staff, very reasonable rates! and amazing food everywhere you go!
i have stayed at a lot of the hotels in Las vegas and this is my favorite! not all hectic like the bellagio or the venetian, stay at the aria you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends