“Golf trip”

Santa Fe Station Hotel
Ranked #169 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Our golf group got together in Vegas in early March and stayed 4 nights. The casino is nice and the staff is friendly. It's a long ways from the Strip or even downtown which didn't bother us, as the restaurants in the hotel were very good. The rooms were clean and quite, but need some updating, as the bathrooms were very small. All in all, we enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Arrived in Las Vegas late on Monday, March 31, 2014, after leaving Carson City/Gardnerville at 9:00 a.m. Receptionist/Front Desk Clerk "Tammy" was very nice but she indicated that there were no $29.99 rooms available (at least three billboards prominently displayed on US95 with this price); despite the parking lot being only 25% full. I was told that room 502 would cost $89.99 and that amenity tax would take the total up to approximately $115.00. My debit card was charged well over $200.00, the additional $100.00 apparently being for some kind of deposit. Why would I be charged a deposit when I'm paying cash? I have been to many hotels but I have never encountered this situation before. By the way, I'm not sure if Tammy was new, but no mention was made of the deposit at the time the room was booked!

While the room was nice, the ADA bathroom was not very clean. Hand towels were covered with make-up and there were stains on the bathroom mat. No shower cap was provided. Keeping in mind that this was an ADA bathroom, the shower was terrible. the shower curtain was floor to ceiling and made of extremely dark material. If closed completely, you literally could not see. It was like trying to shower in a closet! Also, there were no shelves for the soap or the shampoo. Lastly, the adjustable shower spray was so high (over 6 feet high) that my wife could not reach it, even standing up.

We had stayed at the Carson Valley Inn and the Topaz Lodge earlier in the week and we paid less, had better food, and we were treated like family. Staying at Santa Fe Station Hotel was like the opposite end of the spectrum.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel! Drive the few extra miles to the strip.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael A
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I'm not sure exactly where some of the previous posts stayed, but, I can tell you that we had nothing short of a GREAT experience staying at this property during the first 5 days of March Madness. Granted, it was myself and a buddy and we were there almost exclusively to bet and watch college basketball, but the hotel is the perfect locale for that. Having lived on the NW side of town until 2002, I was very familiar with this hotel-casino. The sports book is outstanding. Our room was clean and comfortable, (although I admit it could have had at least a small refrigerator). There was no hint whatsoever of the "smoke smell" that so many of the other posts alluded to. We did stay on the 5th floor which is a totally 'smoke-free' floor. The food in the buffet and restaurants was excellent and VERY inexpensive. A perfect property away from the strip madness for what we wanted, yet, a very short drive to the strip or downtown when we wanted to go. For $39/night, (base rate for the room, but as with every hotel in town, there are some extra charges for 'hotel conveniences'). Our total bill for 5 night stay was $296.00. An absolutely GREAT deal. For a few or a bunch of folks going there for the reasons we did, we couldn't have asked for a better property.

Room Tip: The front desk told us that there are only 25 rooms that are now 'smoking' rooms, but, to in...
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This place has a nice Casino, but the rooms sure could use some updating!! The Dining options were great, the staff was nice, all Rooms smell of smoke, old and dated.

We stayed in March and the place was close to golf and that is way we stayed there.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

What hit me first was the strong smell of smoke as you approach the doors of the Hotel/Casino. It's "old school" HVAC systems here. I was surprised that it was so strong. I stayed on the 5th floor "non smoking" floor but the bad air extended to this floor (to a much lesser degree) as well. The receptionist was very nice and check in fast. When exiting the elevator and walking the hall to our room, it was very noticeable that the hall had not been vacuumed that day. It wasn't something we looked for, it was just that noticeable. The room itself was ok and not too dated. The bathroom was extremely small with little countertop space. What we did notice was the stain on the white sheets that although cleaned, was still apparent. There was lots of dust on the carpets around the edges of the carpet where the vacuum doesn't reach without an attachment. I was a little disappointed in that I had stayed at another Station Hotel that was much nicer. Again, my number one issue is the poor air quality followed by the cleanliness / maintenance of the rooms. Although I paid a fairly high price when I stayed, If the rooms were $29 to $49 per night, I might feel I got what I could expect in that price range. Also, I would have felt much more comfortable with a room safe. I want to add that casino and theaters, bowling, and food options were good, but I really had trouble with the air quality.

Room Tip: Elevators are not central to the rooms. Some rooms are far from the elevators. Noisy HVAC units in r...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Trooperr
Reviewed 22 March 2014

On our last night of our trip we stayed here since the Strip's prices were way too high and I have a friend who lives in the area. It's a nice, quieter place away from the Strip. The room was comfortable and the bed was decent. The bathroom was a little too small and hard to get in and out of with the door. The casino was nice though. We don't normally gamble, but my friend got us to play $1 Keno and we had a blast. There's also plenty of attached restaurants and a food court along with a night club if you're into that sort of thing. If you're looking for a place away from the craziness of the Strip, this is a good place to go.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed at Santa Fe for a week with my wife and infant daughter. We had read a lot of negative reviews about this hotel and were concerned about the room and casino being smoky and the room being unclean and in poor repair. Our experience was completely different. We travel to LV regularly and have stayed in many hotels and this was one of the nicest ones within this price range. Our room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. We had plenty of room to navigate with the stroller. All of our requests were met within a timely manner (refrigerator, extra towels, assistance with the closed captioning on the TV, extended checkout). The staff were professional and pleasant. We had low expectations for the buffet, but it worked very well for us. We ate there daily and were impressed with the options to eat healthful food while on vacation. My wife, who is vegetarian, had no problem finding plenty of food and praised the availability of fresh fruit, steamed vegetables, and vegetarian protein sources. The casino did not seem smokier than any other LV casino. We appreciated that there were two family restrooms in the casino, one near the buffet and one near the registration, which made it easy to change the baby when we were on the main floor. We had a mountain view from our room. The hotel is located within a 5 minute drive from groceries, TJ Maxx, Dollar Tree, and Lowe's, so really just about everything you need. We did not have a chance to see the movies or use the bowling alley at the hotel, but it was nice to know they were there. All in all, a good family hotel.

Room Tip: We liked being near the elevators. Request a room with a mountain view, but be prepared that you may...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
#34 of 264 in Las Vegas
La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Summerlin Tech
Cannery Casino & Hotel
#5 of 10 in North Las Vegas

Been to Santa Fe Station Hotel? Share your experiences!