“Inconsistent as Usual”

Ranked #176 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Pinedale, Wyoming
“Inconsistent as Usual”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Fertitta Brothers (owners) strike again!. I have their Casino Card so I stay at one or more of their 11 locations for Station Casinos in the Las Vegas area several times a year. This "chain" is so inconsistent. The last time I stayed at Santa Fe Station the room 14 months ago was awful; something that had not been remodeled since the Hotel was built; and it literally stank. This time the room was excellent, nothing was wrong at all and the room was modern and complete in all aspects. So why did I rate them average? I don't trust them to be consistent in the type of rooms or cleanliness or service or fees. So two beds were $45 with tax and resort fee which isn't bad. This is NOT a resort hotel. There is a small pool out by the back service entrance with views of four stucco walls. The staff of very helpful. The buffett was pretty good, in fact I liked everything I picked. Big down side for me: There wasn't anywhere I went for food or in the hotel (not the room) or the casino that did not smell like cigarette smoke. I had to take an asthma pill to have dinner. In could have been the strong winds from a thunderstorm that was occuring (blowing the exhaust air backwards in the ducts), or just that their HVAC system does not work correctly ever. They need to clean the carpets in the hotel hallways.

Room Tip: I don't know if they have remodeled all their rooms or not, so you might get a bad room or good...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel has big rooms, but very small bathrooms. You have a hard time even reaching the toilet paper--it is behind your arm. You need to be a contortionist for this. I would think they could take just one foot from the bedroom to enlarge the bathroom. There is a lot of empty space in the bedroom. In the king size room you could probably fit about 4-5 people on the floor in sleeping bags, if needed. Other than a large room, there is nothing special about this hotel. It is very noisy, people walking down the halls talking can be heard inside the rooms.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

The room was very dirty, stained carpet and bed shirting. There was mold in the bathroom. Reported this to housekeeping and she took report and stated it would be reported to front desk. There was no adjustment made to our bill for this state of unclean room. I would recommend never to stay at this facility.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank nan262014

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Summer is a great time for locals to check out the attractions. Rates (for everyone) are very low and there are lots of specials (for locals especially). With a few exceptions (Red Rock, Green Valley), the Station casino chain makes little pretense of being a class act.
The room was large and clean, though shopworn. The hallway carpet desperately needs cleaning. Bathroom=tiny but lots of towels and sufficient amenities, with a good shower. A/C=very good, easy to adjust, and quickly responsive. Check-in and out: quite amazingly, once one found the Registration Desk, there was no line. Staff were friendly and helpful.

There's a Cineplex, a bowling alley, pool, a kid center (with kid sitting provided, not that it applied to us), food court, various restaurants and nightclubs. Good place for a stay-cation. Cost for the hotel was just about $50 (not including meals and movie, of course).
We'd been sent lots of meal incentives so we went for lunch, took in a movie, skipped the free bowling, booked a nice dinner (separately reviewed), and had a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: The higher numbers are at the end of a loooooong corridor. Ask for a lower numbered room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel while in LV for a funeral. It was priced right and away from all the craziness of "The Strip." The room was fine, but the bathroom was very small. Has a movie theater, bowling alley, and arcade which is nice if you are traveling with kids. They seem to cater more to locals, but we enjoyed our stay as much as possible considering what we were in town for. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Perfect if you're traveling with kids.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed here two nights recently and the rates were very reasonable. But we also stayed here about two years ago and it seemed much nicer then and the people seemed nicer. One thing to note is they charge you a resort fee for services on top of room rate and taxes. I asked what this was for and they said pool and Internet. Well our internet and TV didn't work the two days we were there, they said it was being upgraded. They didn't even offer a partial refund because they said I was getting "so much more". I didn't want more, I wanted Internet. I had to upgrade my phone data plan to cover my time. Recommend asking if is repaired if it is important to you.

The rooms were good sized and we had a nice view of the mountains, which almost anywhere in Las Vegas does. The location is not for people wanting the strip action, this is far removed. We stayed here to be close to friends.

One other crazy thing I noticed. If someone stays in a room with a family of 4 and two queen beds, how many towels would you need? 4 right? We had only two and asked for more. They did bring them but the next day the cleaned and only left two again. I don't like calling for towels every day.

Overall a very average hotel and if it had been any more expensive I probably would have went elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014
Erie, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

They said the rooms were renovated, I could see none. When asking at the front desk they said there were flat screen TV's and "he thought" carpeting. They must have missed our room for the carpeting. There were big black blotches on the carpet all over our room - and sticky spots right by the bed. When we checked in there was a long black hair hanging off the hairdryer in the room. Black hair in the sink. Black mascara on the mirror in the bedroom section. Heavy layer of dust on hairdryer cord. Dirt all over the wall paper in bath. Our phone in the room wasn't working, we couldn't turn the light out over the table to go to bed. Engineering came up and fixed phone - it was plugged in the wrong place. ( We didn't do it) The light over the table was a pull cord, they fiddled around and fixed it temporarily and said they would come back the next day to replace it. They never did. So the following nights we simply unscrewed the light bulbs to turn off the lights. The only redeeming factor was that this hotel was close to family that we had in the area. It was a nightmare

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Suncoast Hotel and Casino
#52 of 264 in Las Vegas
Cannery Casino
#5 of 10 in North Las Vegas

Been to Santa Fe Station Hotel? Share your experiences!