“Great price for a night's rest.”

Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel
Ranked #149 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed here the weekend before Thanksgiving. We arrived later than planned due to weather-related crashes on the interstate in Utah so didn't have much time to explore or experience this hotel - or should I call it a city! Wasn't expecting quite such a large hotel but it appeared to have everything you'd want right there. We were given free passes/enticements to several of the hotel's offerings: gambling, eatery, etc., but left early the next morning so didn't take advantage of anything :o( We received friendly service at check-in and check-out. We were supposed to be on the first floor right off casino but really just wanted a good night's sleep (to be able to travel further the next day). We requested a different, further-away room and the clerk happily located a suitable room. The room was quiet and clean with a comfortable bed so we slept fairly well. Parking was nearby/free but there was no complimentary breakfast so we ate when we got on the road. The best part was the price: $38!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I won't be staying there again. I have stayed here many times and each time it gets worst. This time the room was sick. I swear there was blood splatter through out the room. Even my little three year old mentioned the blood on the walls. It seemed like our room was also half cleaned. There was no coffee maker, book to tell what was in the hotel, etc. It just didn't seem like it was ready for guest.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Jennmberg
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The room and bathroom were very large, although sparsely furnished but the room did have the basics (night stands, table chairs, and dresser). My room was on the top floor which was a smoking floor but did not have the typical smoke odor.
You have to make sure to get 2 room key cards because you have to insert one in a slot inside the room in order to use the air conditioner. If you like the room cool when you return, leave the 2nd key card inside the slot!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RobFinter
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I was here for six nights and found the stay neither bad or good, just average.

It is cheap. It is cheap for many reasons.

1. The view from the window on the 3rd floor is of a wall. That's all you can see. This means that very little light is present.

2. Whilst the room is generous in size, there was that large stain on the carpet, between the bed and drawers. It could not be avoided.

3. Bathroom is quite large, and clean. Good job by the maids.

4. Walls are paper thin. I mean that the beating of a fly's heart can be heard in the adjoining room! So when the Chinese (I think) people next door decide to stay awake, chatting, until 1am when you have an excursion the next day to the Grand Canyon, and you have to get up at 4.30am, it's not funny!

5. The reason you have to get up at 4.30am is because tour companies won't pick up at “off strip" hotels. This is so far off-strip that you need binoculars to see Vegas (if the wall wasn't in front, of your bedroom window!) If you don't hire a car then cab fares will cost you as much as you save by not choosing a hotel down on the strip.

6. If you do use cabs then INSIST that the driver DOES NOT USE THE FREEWAY!! This gets backed up regularly and this costs money (and gives the driver a bigger tip also!) Tell them they MUST use Lake Mead instead. Cabs are always available just to the right of reception, there's also a free phone if none are on station.

7. Food at the hotel is easily available, and a wide variety of choice too. The buffet is good, the Grand Cafe is good, there's also Fatburgers (although surprisingly not dripping in fat), an Italian, Mexican and Chinese. Also bars where you can sit and eat, amongst the never ending games machines.

8. The machines. Do remember that this is a casino first, and hotel second. There are miles of machines. And also remember that America has not yet adopted no smoking indoors, as the rest of The World is mainly doing. It does get smoky.

9. There is a swimming pool. It's small and not that easy to find. You have to take the elevator to the ground floor (casino and main reception are one floor up). There are loungers and chairs, not many, but then most people are there for the casino. Towels are also supplied.

10. Reception. I only ever saw one staff member at reception. I guess the hotel is not busy enough to warrant more. Security was often missing from their podium, at the hotel rooms entrance. But staff were helpfull if you asked questions.

11. Amenities. There is a full size bowling alley situated along, probably, the length of the whole ground floor. You also get a voucher for a free game when checking into the hotel. An events centre also has shows going on. There's also a multi screen cinema at the far end of the complex. This is very convenient if you have had enough of paying the games.

So, overall if you're not interested in gambling, or seeing shows at the larger (and more expensive) hotels then this one is fine. But if you want to be where the action is, then pay the extra for a room down on the strip.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We were so happy we picked this place instead of staying on the crowded strip.
Pros: Great choice of games if you gamble without the feeling squeezed in. Lots of entertainment & dining options. Cheap buffets especially breakfast ($4.99 and includes your beverage). Dinner buffet ($9.99) was great also with carving stations that included ribs. Can't beat it! Has bowling ($1.50/game!). Good visible security.
Cons: Rooms are a bit worn but we didn't spend a lot of time there. Not the place to stay if you are looking for Las Vegas glitz & glamour. Beds were reasonably comfortable. The air conditioners were a little loud but not as bad as some people made them sound in other reviews. Towels are not the best and some have old stains. There is a $14.00/day resort fee and a $100 deposit at check in is required. Avoid a 2nd floor room as it is the same floor as the casino and very noisy. We were lucky to be on the first floor and it was very quiet.

This can be a cheap place to stay if you book through expedia or priceline ( Approx $25 per night) and well worth the price. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from 2nd floor (casino noise)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

There was some sort of leak coming from the roof, landing on something outside our window. Heard it all night long. I told the front desk about it as I left at 10:00 AM one day. Got back that night and nothing had been done. Called the desk again and they sent an engineer. He went and "fixed it". Next day the noise was back. Basically I heard the noise outside my window all week. Also, the maids missed my room one day. When I told one of the maids she assumed it was my fault because I "must have had my "do not disturb" sign on the door. However, I removed the sign before Noon when I left for the day. Even after telling the front desk this info early in the week and again at check out, they charged me the $15 resort fee even for the day with no maid service and in spite of hearing a drip outside my window all week they didn't seem to even be bothered by any of it. I would think a place this big would treat their customers better. First of all a resort fee is riduculous. It's nothing more than a way to disguise the true cost of your stay as you are looking for rooms on whatever website you book through. I will not stay here again. The positive: The food was great in all of the restaurants. I loved the $9.99 dinner buffet. The room was clean and comfortable with the exception of the noise.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank david760
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The positive: very friendly staff throughout the casino starting with the hotel staff. Not so positive...At check in...you are asked to read over and sign a statement that you understand ALL the rules that apply to your stay, make certain you ask for a copy because they do offer you one , and you must leave a $100. deposit cash/credit card/ bankcard. Use your credit card it is the easiest. Believe me, the only thing worth taking from the room is the flat screen tv, and I am pretty sure they would see that in your arms. (haha) There is a $14+ charge/resort fee per night...which is ridiculous! I really can't see the justification for this additional charge.The girl gave me a choice of where I wanted my room to be which I greatly appreciated.The room: 4th floor .. NO refrig, NO coffee maker, NO microwave, NO view, unless you like walls! The room is large as is the bathroom. There were stains on the carpet, the nightstand was dirty, scratched, and dented.. like something that would be left for a freebie at a garage sale. The room did not "feel" clean because of the stains and the marks all over the wall paper. The vent in the bathroom was so filthy with dust, I left a message for housekeeping to please clean it. It was ignored as well as the beds looked like a 5 year old made them up.The second day I took the vent out and left it on the bathroom counter so it COULD NOT be IGNORED. Yay! they cleaned it. The bath tub caulking was dark grey (on white caulking) The queens beds were large, the pilows were very flat or etiher too fat (we had both) but the bed was comfortable.The room was quiet except for the airconditioner which was way too loud. The flat screen was great with a tv guide included on the tv. SECURITY is a joke. It is inconsistant, @3:00 in the morning there was NO ONE THERE, and anyone off the streets could be in the hotels room area. You do not need a key to enter the elevator. We do not care for the area the hotel is in, I would not walk around this part of town. They have security on bikes and there is a large parking garage next to the hotel entrance. The casino area is very large with lots of gaming machines to choose from. There are 3 or 4 different places to eat within the casino. Bowling alley and theater. They seem to have only one person at the hotel desk, when we arrived and when we checked out, so we had a bit of a wait both times.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from elevators and ice, drink machines.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple