“Friendly and relaxed”

Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel
Ranked #145 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 22 February 2014

So you don't want to be on the strip, but still want to be close?. Texas station is the place. The first time I stayed here was with a high school softball team I was coaching. Perfect! Movie multi plex, food court, nice restaurants, bowling and convenient. My wife and I have stayed here quite a few times since then. The oyster bar is the best kept secret of Vegas. The rooms are average but at a good price. This is a good home base while visiting Vegas.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Dave G
DaysInnLasVegas, Manager at Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Dave G,

Thank you for your Texas Station hotel review. Our location and amenities are a guest favorite. We thank you for your loyalty and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I have stayed at the Texas Station for 5 days every year for about 6 years and plan on staying again this year. The only thing different is I'll only stay one night this time on my way to my new home in Arizona. Every stay that I have spent there was very enjoyable, love the buffets and the cafe and the overall atmosphere is great. Everyone seems to always have a good time. I have always got a nice room and its alway clean and comfortable. i highly recommend staying with them all the time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Larry P

Hello Larry P,

Thank you very much for your Texas Station Hotel review. We are glad you enjoyed one of our many food options, our Feast Buffet. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We like Texas Station. Lots of restaurant choices, only 10 minutes away from downtown Las Vegas, self contained (you never really have to leave) bowling alley, movie house and our favorite black jack table.

Room Tip: We like first floor which is really not ground level. It's easy access to everything, no waitin...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank bethduvall

Dear Bethduvall,

Thank you for your Texas Station Hotel review. Our many amenities make it easy to stay and fully enjoy your vacation. Bowling, Theaters, Full Casino, and many food outlets are reasons why Texas Station is a local's favorite. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Reasonable price, clean and friendly staff. I actually got the King bed room I reserved, I've gotten used to that option being the last thing a hotel cares about.

Lots of signs saying that a remodel was in progress but I saw no evidence of that. After a while my wife and I began to suspect it was all a cover for the dated accommodations. We ended up in a basement room, I had no idea these existed. The decor looked like someone in the 80's wanted a 70's look. However it did have a 40"-ish widescreen tv.

Over all it was an ok stay. But I don't think it'll be on my list again unless the price just destroys the other options in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JC T

Hello Neonghost,

Thank you for your Texas Station Hotel review. We have just completed phase one of our remodel project. The decor was definitely out dated which is why the corridors and rooms have been revamped. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting your stay in the near future.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I arrived late around midnight. When I checked in, the thermostat on the wall was broken. There was only a thin velour blanket on the bed and dingy sheets, no comforter. There was no way to adjust the temperature in the room at all. The water in the sink was not functional. Because it was late and I was tired from traveling, I went to sleep instead of asking to change rooms. There was a band playing that night, so make sure to bring earplugs if you stay. In addition, I was not given the option of a non smoking room and the room smelled like smoke. They advertise free internet, but a stronger pay signal overrides the free connection so it was impossible to connect to the free signal. I booked through priceline and was charged a booking fee through them, and the hotel charged a resort fee on top of this. After all is said and done, you don't pay the uber cheap rate advertised--you may as well spend the extra money to stay at an actual nice hotel instead of this dump. I brought up my issues with the clerk in the morning when I checked out, and was told the front desk manager was away. When I brought up the issues with priceline, their response was that I hadn't reported the issues, so nothing would be done. Bottom line is, I never would pay out of pocket to voluntarily stay at a motel of this caliber, so they have to use priceline to fill the rooms. But, priceline won't help you either. So don't use priceline, and definately don't stay here!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Stacey H

Hello Stacey H,

Thank you for your Texas Station Hotel review. I apologize your stay was not up to our standards, or yours for that matter. I would be frustrated as well with the issues you encountered. Please know that this is not what we strive for in regards to guest experience. We have remodeled our hotel and hope you give us another chance at earning your loyalty.

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We all had a blast at Texas Station. It's a ways off the strip but that's what we love about this place. Hometown feel, dealers are very friendly and buffet is very good for an "off the strip" price. You won't be disappoint in this place unless you love the hustle & bustle of the strip casinos.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Glascock
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I arranged for my son and granddaughter to stay here and they are not seasoned travelers- i doubled confirmed the room on dec 18 to Collin in reservations, explaining need for late arrival status- he thanked me saying it was good i told them so manager would not give the room away. They arrived and the last double bed room had been given away. they were not upgraded to a suite but given a single bed room with a cot.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family