“Average hotel, but inexpensive”

Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel
Ranked #140 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed here for a week for my son's bowling camp. Rooms are reasonably priced. Buffet was good. Room was clean, however the bathroom smelled very mildewy. Our safe didn't work. Had security come look at it. Needed to be fixed, but no one ever came back. :(

The staff was very friendly. Bowling center top notch.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah M
Robert R, Manager at Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Hello Sarah M,
Thank you for your Texas Station Hotel and Casino review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and will make sure our Bowling team is aware of your great comments. I apologize about the Safe issue you had. We'll make sure to look into this issue. One of our service expecations is to respond in a timely manner. I hope we see you soon here at Texas Station.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

It was excellent, enjoyed the food court, movie theater, swimming pool.. To bad there was not a jaccuzzi overall excellent stay... Thanks!!!! Will come back and stay again. Rooms were very clean. Service fee did not like?

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Tamara L

Hello Tamara L,
Thank you for your Texas Station Hotel and Casino review. Our vast options of amenities are definitely a big reason why guests love staying with us. Our daily hotel fee of $12.99+tax includes many other amenities such as Wi-Fi, Cardio Room access, daily newspaper, copy/print services, and gift shop discounts. We also strive to keep our room rates affordable so that the added hotel fee isn't too much of an added cost when all is said and done.

Look forward to seeing you soon!

Robert

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I wanted to try a new place away fro the strip I enjoy how there is a lot to do. There is bowling a movie theater plenty of food restaurants. If you like lots of room and not to many people go here they have enough slots. The bingo hall was fun to good pay out. I stayed at the hotel to the room was OK.

• Stayed: June 2014

Hello Tomjones67,
Thank you for your Texas Station Hotel and Casino review. Our amenities are big reason why we are considered a hidden gem in Las Vegas. Full service casino, Bingo, Meeting space, Movie theatre, Kid's Quest, Bowling, and a variety of food options are just a few reasons why our Hotel is so popular with our Las Vegas guests and their friends. Look foward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This property is one of th several "Stations" I've stayed at in Las Vegas. Although there was adequate covered parking, if you are travelling with a family or a group, with several pieces of luggage, be prepared to cart your luggage inside yourself as there was no bellperson assistance.
The room, itself, was adequate, for a short stay but I would not recommend it for more than a couple of days.

Room Tip: If you want something, off the beaten path and away from the Strip, then you might consider it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lddogg

Dear Lddogg,
Thank you for your Texas Station Hotel review. We strive to offer affordable and comfortable room rates for travelers that don't wish to pay an arm and leg on the Strip. Our location is also very convenient, only 5 miles from Downtown Las Vegas and 7 miles from the Strip. While we don't have Bell Services available, we certain don't lack in any of the other service areas.

Robert

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed there 4 nights with 2 teenagers for a tournament. The hotel and rooms need updating. The furnishings were pretty beat up but the beds were comfortable. There is lots of parking and is easy to access. Across the street from a Wal-Mart. Our window looked out to a giant wall so there was no view whatsoever. The bowling alley and cinema are nice to have available though we didn't use them. The pool was small and confined - not an atmosphere where we wanted to spend anytime so we didn't. Food court was convenient - Panda Express, Baja Fresh and a couple others I can't recall. We didn't go the buffet but had a breakfast with our group at the cafe which was good. Didn't gamble.

I had a reservation for 3 nights for a "group rate" $90Fri&Sat/$50Sun. At the last minute we decided to go a day earlier but I couldn't change my group reservation so I made a separate reservation online for Thursday and got a better rate of I think $36. They combined my reservations at check-in so I didn't have to change rooms and check-in/out but they said they were still charging $50 security deposits to my credit card for both reservations ($100). Which I found annoying.

In addition to the rates above there is a daily $15 resort fee that includes free Wifi. When we go to log on Wifi it gives options to pay $5.99 or $12.99 for internet access (no free option!). I called the front desk and they told me to go ahead and select the $5.99 option and they would reverse the charges when I checked out. Well, I didn't like doing this because I felt like was agreeing to pay extra and we had to do it with every device (phones, tablets, laptop.....) every day - So I feared I was racking up a big bill in internet fees. BUT they did reverse all the wifi fees and it took a lot of clicking on the computer at check out to do it. I feel they should certainly tell you about this upon check in and change the way they do it - just give us a password!

The day before check out I noticed they had charged 2 amounts to my credit card totaling an amount in excess of my 4 day stay & the security deposits. I expected to see the security deposits but usually hotels don't charges your rooms until check-out and I was worried about those wifi charges so I went down to the front desk to resolve. The woman was on the phone trying to resolve a computer problem and would not hang up to give me her full attention. She assisted me sporatically when they put her on hold. She explained that my visa will be credited when I check out once they are sure there are no additional charges to the room. Well the amount was in excess of the room rates/taxes/fees and the security deposit so I'm still unclear how they arrived at that amount but at the check out the invoice came out right even though the credit to my visa took several days to go through. I wonder if would have been overcharged if I hadn't seen and brought the charges to their attention. This was a hassle and a little stressful to me. If we stay off-strip again, it won't be here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank sancam
Robert R, Manager at Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hello Sancam,

Thank you for your Texas Station Hotel review. I am sorry for the miscommunication regarding the Wi-Fi. The automatic message of $5.99 is something we are looking at addressing since it causes confusion. Please know that the Wi-FI is included in the Hotel Service Fee. I'm glad the front desk adjusted off the extra charges, as that is our common practice for these situations. We do authorize cards at check-in for room/tax and incidentals. The authorization is then settled at check-out, with any remaning funds being released back to your account. I hope you give us another chance at earning your loyalty.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We booked two nonsmoking rooms with two queens in each for our family in July 2014. Price was great but doesn't include resort fee of about $15 per room per night. We requested that the rooms be adjacent or at least near. When we arrived, an unpleasant woman in the checkin desk told me that they had only one non smoking room with two queen beds. She didn't offer any alternatives other than one king smoking room. Fortunately, a helpful woman who at have been a night auditor was able to look into the situation and found two non smoking rooms with two queen beds and also gave us six free coupons for the buffet. The rooms were on different floors but that is pretty expected. The rooms were clean. The walk between the parking garage to the hotel elevator was unpleasant with a lot of smokers in the casino area and the smoke just lingers there. The buffet was better than most. Mashed potatoes, ham and bean soup and cheesy pizza bread were my
favorites.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank PatriceStonhill

Hello PatriceStonhill,

Thank you for your Texas Station Hotel review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the amenities inside the Casino. Our buffet has won multiple awards for it's variety and food quality. I apologize for the issues at check-in but am glad that it was resolved by our Team Member. I hope you visit us again, thanks again for the great feedback.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Check in was fast and they were very nice, but that's where it ended. One of our rooms had hair of both kinds on the floor in the bathroom. Other then that the room was satisfactory. I didn't read any reviews before booking this hotel so was unaware of the "Resort Fee" (would have been ok if we could have used the services) I tried to get online but it showed a fee of $5.99 so decided I would just use my data instead. At checkout unlike others I was charged $14.55 per room for resort fees we had 2 rooms. When asking about the resort fee when we checked out and that we didn'tknow we could use the internet Neisha at the front desk said we still had to pay anyway. My daughter and her family was in our second room and said they tried to access the internet (and was willing to pay the $5.99) but it wouldn't let them even get on. We did get the news paper for each room and it was the first time I've paid $29.10 for 2 newspapers (resort fee for both rooms). Would I stay here again? Not on your life! Not worth the price or confusion for something you don't get. Pretty much a rip off!! I will discourage everyone I know to stay elsewhere. They simply don't care about their quests!!!

• Stayed: July 2014