“Quiet, Comfortable, Convenient”

Ranked #17 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Denver, Colorado
“Quiet, Comfortable, Convenient”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My sister and I stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay. This hotel is pretty quiet since it's not right on the strip, it's not huge and there is no casino. The walls are a little thin though but otherwise it was very quiet. The rooms include a kitchenette which was nice to have a coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. It was clean and pretty comfortable. I liked the large closet and in-room safe also. They are currently renovating it so there is construction going on. We weren't in the room much during the day anyway so it wasn't much of a bother for us. The staff were all very nice and friendly also. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Denver
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I had to go to Las Vegas for a convention. I HATE Vegas. Its just not my thing. When I do have to go to Vegas, I try to stay in a non-gaming hotel. Less people, noise, smoke, etc. And usually a little less boisterous and obnoxious crowd.

Based on reviews here, this time I tried the Carriage House for 3 nights and also brought my wife. I was not disappointed.

The room was like a small apartment with a kitchenette. Great for breakfast and lunch (The hotel has nothing). The bed was very comfortable. Pool was adequate although a bit small for lap swimming. Great hotel security where you have to use key card to operate the elevator going up or gain access at the entrance after 10PM. Not much of view from our 7th floor room but at least it wasn't directly into the side of a taller building. From where the hotel is located I doubt there is a room with a "great view."

My only complaint s are: 1. The exercise room was too small and only had three machines which were all occupied all three times I tried to work out. 2. While there is a decent work table (with a reasonably fast wireless internet) , the flat screen TV is just above it the right so you can't work on your PC and watch TV. I don't know if all rooms have the same layout. Also, Fox News channel was awful grainy.

The location is diagonally across from Planet Hollywood (where there is access to MANY more taxis and the short walk is MUCH faster than calling one) and the entrance to its "Miracle Mile" shopping plaza with all sorts of places to eat from budget (like Panda Express) to some pricey ones. Its also only a short two block walk to the strip (Las Vegas Blvd.) and I didn't have any concerns about my wife walking it while I was over at the convention.

For stocking up on groceries, there isn't a grocery store within about 2 miles. There is, however, a WalGreens about three blocks away that is adequately stocked with breakfast and lunch stuff , including some fruit, and late night snacks. They don't have that on their list of "closest grocery stores."

Don't miss David Copperfield over at the MGM. Its only a 15 minute walk away.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Peter W
Iowa
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Love this place! I first stayed here years ago, and I keep coming back. It's a timeshare resort that also has rooms available to the public. It's one long block to the Strip or just across the street from Planet Hollywood. It's quiet and has a small pool, hot tub, tennis court, and laundry available. Everything is within a few steps. I hate the big resorts where you have to walk forever. Rooms have kitchens. I usually eat out in Vegas but like coffee and breakfast in my room.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank iowateach
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 23 July 2011

This is a nice hotel if you don't want the noisy crowds all around. The Carriage House is situated just around the corner from The Strip, in front of Planet Hollywood, and doesn't have its own casino. This makes it very convenient for getting (walking) everywhere along The Strip, and at the same time, much less noisy than The Strip hotels. The room was spacious and clean, and the staff was really friendly and helpful. The hotel also provides free WiFi Internet connection, which is also very nice.
There are just two reasons for not giving 5 stars. First, there were renovation works all along the Harmon Avenue between the hotel and the Strip during my visit. And second, the room was adjacent to some machinery room which was producing a disturbing hum from time to time.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank NikolayG
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I stayed at The Carriage House Las Vegas in April 2011. I stayed in the room the first and last nights alone (until the rest of my family arrived). I felt very comfortable and safe doing so since a room key is required to ride the elevator. I am a Rooms Division Manager in a hotel so I am almost looking for something to be wrong or out of place. The only thing I can say is the TV was a little fuzzy in the bedroom. The room was LARGE (1 bedroom suite) it was clean, and comfortable and had a great view (a corner room). I loved the walk-in closet, xtra vanity in the bedroom and that you could access the bathroom from both the bedroom and living room. Items in the room like the notepad, pens, and bath amenities were organized by a perfectionist (like someone took great pride in making sure it was perfect for my arrival). The location was great, only half a block to walk to the strip. Then you can walk more or take the monorail or the double decker bus that makes several stops going all the way up to Fremont Street. I made use of the mini-mart for breakfast items and late-night snacking. I visited the pool only 1 day since we only had one 80 degree day, frankly it was cold and windy during our stay the first week in April. The front desk, housekeeping and maintenance staff that I encountered during my stay were smiling and friendly, eager to help or answer any question I had. My family stayed on another floor and also had a spacious room. There is a casino and a variety of restaurants right across the street from The Carriage House. I would recommend The Carriage House to anyone looking for a quiet, clean, secure hotel that is not too far from the Vegas strip. I will be back!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank JLS777
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Great hotel just one block from the main strip being located between Planet Hollywood and the MGM. The Carriage House is an oasis in what is a "full on" experience in Las Vegas. Seeing the other huge hotel complexes we were delighted with our choice which suited our needs perfectly. The fact that the Carriage House has no casino/gambling area was a major plus for us. Our room was a suite with it's own kitchen which, for a family of 4, was excellent. Only difficulty having no transport was food. The hotel has a small store and the concierge notes advise that some shops will deliver though we did not use this service. There is also a 7/11 not too far away. Great pool and also has a small fitness area. Would benefit from offering some sort of meals but that would be the only reason for us not giving this hotel top marks. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Ofield
glasgow
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Stayed at Carriage House for two weeks on vacation and must say,what a great hotel for the price!! Couple of hundred yards from the strip and across the road from Miracle Mile shopping mall and nice air conditioning!!!
Rooms were large as were bathroom and kitchen. Free Wi Fi in room with a special individual code,given by reception. Excellent speed and the computers in reception had really fast internet.
If I go back to Vegas and haven't won the lottery,I would definately stay here again and recommend it very highly if you want to be close to The Strip at a good price.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family