We received a great rate at this hotel and I was especially excited about the advertised spacious rooms. In total we rented 3 rooms, one bedroom suite and two deluxe rooms. The one bedroom deluxe is worth the 20 a night more, so go for that one.
My deluxe room was spacious, but the furniture in my one bedroom deluxe was sad and dated from the 80s (which I can't understand, since the hotel is not that old) and not at all like the pictures on their internet sites. There was an uncomfortable smell in the room, an odor of stale cooking, which is unfortunately a problem when you stay in a hotel where guests are cooking in their rooms.
The small kitchenette was nice, but not very functional. I guess someone could use the stove and oven, if you needed to, but it is not very practical.
The hotel staff at the front desk and housekeeping were very friendly. However, they keep trying to sell you timeshares while you are there. When we checked in, they asked us if we wanted to attend a timeshare meeting in the morning for free tickets to a show. We all said no, but they called us again at 9:00 the next morning (it is Vegas after all and we were still in bed) to try to get us to attend the timeshare presentation. I didn't ask for a 9:00 wake up call.
The location is not too bad about 1 1/2 blocks from Planet Hollywood, the closest casino, which is where is spent most of our time.
I paid $59 for my room, which is great for the location.
All in all, not a bad place to stay if this is your first time to Vegas or if you are a non-gambler. However, there are other hotels that offer suites (Rio, Tuscany Suites) that are just as nice (or nicer) and cheaper if you drop some money in their casino. Since I gambled at both while I was there, I am already getting e-mail offers for a free or $39 a night hotel room. I spent a small amount at the downtown hotels and I am also getting offers for free rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carriage House is located just a block away from the excitement of the Las Vegas Strip. Enjoy the comfortable accommodations, fully equipped kitchenettes or kitchens, business center and fitness room. Guest services and concierges are always available to provide information about show tickets, tour information and dinner reservations. Our non-gaming Las Vegas hotel is ideal for leisure and business travel, family travel and romantic getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Carriage House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carriage House Hotel Las Vegas
- Carriage Hotel Las Vegas
- The Carriage Hotel
- Carriage House Las Vegas
- The Carriage House Las Vegas