The Carriage House
Hotels.com
US$189
US$144
  • Pool
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$310
US$264
US$102
US$62
US$304
US$260
  • Restaurant
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$124
  • Pool
Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$112
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$208
  • Restaurant
Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$112
Travelocity
Downtown Grand, an Ascend Collection Hotel(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$59
AscendHotels
1,454 results
All reviewsfull kitchenplanet hollywoodoff the stripthe miracle mile shopstimeshare exchangetennis courtslaundry facilitiesfive minute walkone bedroom suitesmall kitchenettedaily maid servicetwo blockstime sharepool towelsquiet locationcasino hotelnon smoking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Clean property close to the Vegas Strip. Nice having a mini kitchen to just eat a bowl of cereal when we wanted. Didn't meet a bad employee. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank glennil
Reviewed 4 February 2012

My wife was invited to give a lecture at the University of Nevada here in Las Vegas, and we went searching for a place to stay that was not in a casino setting but would be close to the Strip so that we could walk around and play tourist.

Carriage House turned out to be a great option. We reserved a nonsmoking room and were pleasantly surprised. The room is clean and pretty nice, with a small kitchenette, two-burner range, small refrigerator, a nice flat-screen tv, free wireless internet, and an in-room safe. The hotel is quiet, and just a half-block from the Strip.

The hotel has only two elevators, but we didn't ever face a long wait.

The Miracle Mile Shops across the street have all the restaurants we needed, as well as an ABC Store to buy wine and snacks.

If you're not into the casino scene, or craving lots of hotel amenities, this is a good, solid choice.

Room Tip: Our room was a little dark, as this side of the hotel (facing away from the Strip--would that be the East side?) didn't get any direct sun this time of year. If that's important to you, ask when you make reservations.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank iLind
Reviewed 30 January 2012

After reading the tripadvisor reviews, we requested a newly rennovated room and got one. On arrival at the hotel, the receptionist was very helpful, giving us maps to the strip, downtown and the bus routes, wifi codes for the three devices we had - nothing seemed too much trouble.

The room was very tastefully decorated and a very comfortable environment. More than that, the hotel is fantastically located just opposite the Planet Hollywood resort. Given the price we paid for this hotel, the quality and location were superb and we would definitely seek to go to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Facing the strip is quieter than the back, as mentioned by other reviewers. But it didn't keep us awake or anything.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank ElGales
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We traded a timeshare and stayed at the Carriage House based upon the numerous good reviews on Tripadvisor. We were definitely pleased with this decision.

Our room was large, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was small while the kitchen was overly large (I would've changed this in the design) but otherwise it was a great place to spend a week in Vegas.

The staff was friendly and helpful at all times

The location is fantastic. Easy walk to the heart of the strip.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Buttsman
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Not me. I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this hotel. This recent trip is my second time staying here. The first time I stayed here, they gave me a loft type set up where the bed was separated from the kitchen by a seating area. This time, they gave me a larger corner unit where the bedroom has its own door and is completely separated from the kitchen. The unit was clean and spacious...I can't think of any complaints except for the fact that the wifi was slow. I was on the 7th floor, though. The hotel does have nice amenities: like a market area downstairs (convenient if you don't want to walk to CVS or Walgreens), a gym (though limited b/c there are only a few machines), a whirlpool, swimming pool, and tennis court (I did not try these out). There was also a computer area downstairs where you can print out your boarding pass for free. Anyways, I think Carriage House's best attribute is its location. It's less than a block from Las Vegas Blvd, the Strip. I've never stayed at one of the Strip Casino hotels, but being the type of traveller I am, The Carriage House is enough for me. O, a few more things: the kitchen has a toaster and coffee maker...also full sized fridge, 2 burner stovetop, and dishwasher...no oven....salt and pepper are provided. Toiletries include crest toothpaste and bath and body work shampoo, conditioner, and soap.

Room Tip: If you want stronger WiFi, you may have to request a room closer to the router.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family