“Great Location”

Ranked #16 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

Just stayed her for 7 days in Jan 2013. Despite LV having the coldest weather in 7 years we enjoyed our stay. We did not use the tennis or pool because of the weather and running out of time when it did warm up the last 2 days. I is one LONG 1/2 block off the strip and very good location. I we go again we would surely consider it very strongly. Employees were very helpful and had good info on what to see. We cooked most of our meals in the full kitchen and saved money. The only problem we had was the heat did no seem to do the trick it would get just so warm and then blow cold air. I asked about it and the service man said it was ok, it was not. There was a strong smell of cig smoke in our hall which seemed to be better after the first day. di laundry in the handy laundry on each floor. I am not HOT on Vegas and don't gamble but if I return would check out the Carriage House on Harmon across the street from Planet Hollywood.

Room Tip: All seemed good.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JohnF1949

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Anaheim, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013 via mobile

This is a nice, small, slightly off the strip timeshare / hotel. It's basically behind Planet Hollywood. It takes about 3 minutes to walk across the street and get into the Miracle Mile Shops. Not bad, but not really "on the strip." I think the location is fine. The side street you walk to get to the strip is fine. Not seedy, but if you go the opposite direction of the strip you may find yourself uncomfortable since the homeless population is pretty large and not shy. It doesn't bother me, but may bother others. All in all, a 5-10 min walk to the strip (5 for me, 10 max if you're slow).

As for the property itself, it was nicer than I expected. A good surprise. The rooms are large and well appointed. The lobby, business area, and common room on the first floor were nice. The "gym" or "cardio room" (can't remember what they call it) is disappointing. 3 machines I believe... Elliptical, tread mill, sitting bike. That's it. Impressively small room.

If you have a timeshare and you're looking to trade for a place in Vegas that is close to the strip, this is a great option. I would say its much better than the Polo Towers--another timeshare option "on" (read: behind) the strip. There is a Marriott option next to this property, but they were full (I was making last minute reservations for Xmas week and Carriage House was my only option). I can't compare the two fairly, but Carriage House is 1/4 of the size and doesn't look as nice from the outside...not that it mattered to me. It was fine inside.

If you don't care about being walking distance to the strip, there are a lot of other options in Vegas. Personally, I'd recommend this one pretty highly!

NOTE!!!! There is heavy construction going on at the property across the parking lot. If you stay on the side of the building that faces the construction, you'll be woken up in the early mining hours by the noise. I heard this complaint and requested rooms on the other side of the building. I didn't hear ANYTHING. So no construction noise complaints from me.

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank Cournech
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

wonderful small timeshare apartments. Was there for New Years and it was great to be able to be on the strip for the fireworks, There is construction at the Marriott, so if you want a view, be prepared for daytime noise. The beeping of heavy equipment going back and forth will drive you nuts. It was bad the week we were there. They start real early and it goes on till dark. Great to be able to walk 5 minutes and be at the strip. Seems to me that this was originally a hotel that they converted to a timeshare. The bathrooms take a little getting used to space wise and the kitch juts off at an unusual angle. Takes getting used to, but isn't a deal breaker. Great location when construction isn't going on. Took a little getting used to how small this place is compared to the giant hotels of the strip.

Room Tip: balance quiet with a strip view if there is construction at the marriot
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sklein9
MS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend the one bedroom suite if you want more space than typical hotel room. Not glitzy at all, yet quite comfortable and spacious with full kitchen, large bathroom, separate living area, two phones, free Internet, parking, great concierge service. At the last minute we upgraded from studio and so glad we did. (I just like plenty of room!) they also have 2 bedroom units and I think they are even much larger. Our unit 220 had the king bed and two sleeping chairs in living area. 2 doors to the bathroom so kids or 2 adults could have easily stayed and still had privacy. two flat screen tvs and 2 phones. Might have been a problem though for a 2nd couple with this particular bedding. As previous poster stated, it is right across the street from PH and the Miracle Mile Shops/restaurants making it very close to the strip. We rented a car for the week and loved the ease of parking, getting in the very security minded hotel. The concierge services even hosted a Sunday morning meeting giving some great tips on shows, attractions, restaurants and she could book shows at great rates, gave out coupons for several restaurants, etc. highly recommend Ocean One and other restaurants conveniently located near the Harmon St. Entrance we used. Grocery stores near by gave us easy access for breakfast items, drinks, etc. Coffee maker would be quite appreciated by coffee drinkers. Quiet when we were there, no construction going on next door, but I had requested a room in the side away from it just in case.

Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Debbie G
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

When I was planning my trip to Vegas for The Miss America Pageant, I was very concerned about finding reasonably priced and safe accomodations near Planet Hollywood especially since rates were so high with it also being CES week. A friend of mine recommended Carriage House saying what a great place it was, affordable, safe and best of all, across the street from PH. I will be forever grateful that I took his advice -- what a gem. First of all, what a superb staff committed to excellent customer service. Secondly, the rooms are terrific -- while my friends staying at PH were paying $14 a day for internet service and not even having a coffeemaker in their rooms, I had free internet (which is huge since I am a journalist), a kitchenette & not only a king sized bed but a sofa sleeper as well. The rooms were clean & the only noise I heard was the monorail but that was fine. CH is also safety conscious - you had to your room key to access the elevator and there is 24 hour security. It was also so convenient to only have to walk across the street to use the Harmon Ave. entrance to the Miracle Mile Shops which houses PH. Better yet, Harmon Ave. is quiet, safe and you won't be bombarded by those passing out cards for the X rated shows. I will absolutely be recommending CH to my friends.

Room Tip: I was on the seventh floor close to the elevator -- honestly don't believe there is a bad room i...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Wendy K
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

I was in Vegas for a conference at Mandalay Bay and our travel policy prevented me from staying anywhere that had a rate that changed during my stay. That ruled out pretty much any of the casinos and other larger hotels.

The Carriage House showed up in my search, had a great rate and was still pretty close to everything on the strip. What a great choice! Parking and check-in were a breeze and the room was very large with a full-size kitchen. It was quite comfortable and walking distance to the Planet Hollywood resort and mall and other properties near there.

I would not hesitate to stay there again on business or pleasure.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

Could not have selected a better place to stay for our first visit to Las Vegas in early January 2013. We stayed three nights and we were very pleased with our stay. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Having two computers available in the lobby for guest to use free of charge was a bonus. Staff were very helpful and provided useful materials and recommendations for things to see & do during our stay! Recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple