“Quiet, Laid Back Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Cumming, Iowa
“Quiet, Laid Back Hotel”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Our experience at the CH was just how we like it...quick and non-instrusive. We were in the quiet side of the hotel near the monorail. You couldn't hear the monorail, the strip, or planes. We kept to ourselves and were able to get a cab when we needed one. Being across from the Miracle Mile shopping center there were plenty restaurants and I was able to purchase socks (which I forgot to pack).

Would be great for a family-especially if they have rooms with a separate sleeping area. The CH is about 2 blocks from the strip and centrally located so a very easy time going North or South on the strip as needed.

Tip: when buying show tickets, ask the concierge what her specials are and then also shop around at places like Tix 4 Tonight...sometimes the hotel has better deals,so me times the discounters do.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kafek8t

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Viimsi, Estonia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We booked this hotel according a very good reviews here in tripadvisor and our expectations were quite high. Unfortunately, we had to disappoint badly :(
Check in was more or less - nothing special, we didnt feel very welcome .
Selecting hotels the most important thing is that the hotel should be non -smoking. When we were in Trump Plaza in Atlantic City it bothered me that we had to walk every day to our room through smoky casino. So I thought that now I take a calm and quiet hotel with no casino in it and I assumed that our floor will be completely smoke free.
Unfortunately it was not so - non-smoking and smoking rooms were located on one floor ?! Completely absurd - such a thing should still go by floors!
What good is it if I have booked a non- smoking room, but every time I go there, I go through a corridor that smells of smoke. Also there was some smoke smell in our room even it should be non smoking room.
Also in hallway and lifts there were some kind of strange and breathtaking smell.
Otherwise the room looked ok, unfortunately not soundproof, let everything through the front door. Wifi was ok.
Housekeeping wasnt also very good - even traces of toothpaste from the sink had not been washed away .
The only good thing about the hotel was the location, very near to the strip, but not on it :)
We booked a room for 3 nights , but stayed only 2 - Vegas wasnt unfortunately for us.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank joonekas
Ukiah, California
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

If you want to be an elevator ride away from the casino floor, this isn't the place for you. If you value a clean, quiet, comfortable, place to stay a couple of blocks away from the glitz and glamour of the Strip and at a very reasonable rate, this is it. This is a time share property. Our room had a fully equipped kitchenette, separate bath and vanity, small table, and a reading chair. For longer stays it might feel a bit small, but for a couple of nights it was just fine. I wish there was a restaurant on grounds or a little closer. But bottom line I'd stay here again in a heart beat.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jim W
Sandwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our room was on the quiet side of the hotel, facing the monorail, so we did not hear any of the building noise going on next door. Everything in the hotel was to our satisfaction; check-in/out was fast, friendly and uncomplicated. Room service was adequate, with lots of towels. The room, while not the largest, offered everything we needed, including a refrigerator and a two-hob cooker, which we did not use. We did not not use any of the other facilities in the hotel, as we did not need them. If you would like to hit the nearest mall ASAP, I have the following tip; when you leave the parking lot in the direction of the action, turn right and cross the road at the crossing going north (parallel to the monorail), carry on about 150 yards, then take the first left up the stairs, go through the doors and you will be in the middle of the Hilton Mall.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, away from the Marriott Hotel (currently being renovated)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank IgelEye
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before as a guest of "time share" friends and found the service was very good. This time round, while our room was very good, the house keeping was lacking ( toiletries not replaced) and SOME of the front desk staff could do with some training in customer service and basic manners.
We found them particularly rude and unhelpful.
Our hotel booked shuttle service failed to show up and we ended up catching a passing taxi to the airport for our flight home, which actually ended up costing less than the hotel organized shuttle.
Could it be 'time share' are treated better than 'general public' guests.
But the Carriage House is in a great location very close to the Strip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LanieG60
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is a great hotel. It's not on the strip, but it's so close that you can walk there in minutes. It's right across the street from Miracle Mile shops, and Planet Hollywood. It is not a gaming casino, they have no restaurants, and it's only got 9 floors so it's pretty small.

But who cares? Any of those things are mere minutes away through any of the hotels on the strip. Plus, it's location means less traffic to deal with, and it's quiet. The rooms are clean, plenty of space, and nicely furnished. The staff is friendly, the concierge was very helpful, and check-in/out was a breeze. They also offer free parking to all registered guests.

When I mentioned to the desk clerk on our second day that the bathroom lights weren't working, she said maintenance would be right up. I thought it would take hours, but within a minute of getting back to the room, maintenance knocked on the door. Turns out that my friend had merely tripped the GFCI surge protector outlet in the vanity sink area. Once it was reset, problem solved.

My only quibble was housekeeping. On our second day, there was a knock on our door at 9am. That is early for Vegas. We told her we weren't quite ready yet. We left the room by 9:30am, and I figured that housekeeping would've come by again later to clean the room. When we got back that night housekeeping had not come. Not a big deal. Our third day there was no early knock, and housekeeping had come while were out.

Rates were reasonable. It doesn't have the swagger of Bellagio, but that doesn't bother me as I'm not out to impress anybody. I had a great stay, and I will absolutely stay there again next time I'm in Vegas.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gregg R
England UK
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is my second stay at the CH and I cannot praise everything about this place enough. The rooms are spacious, well decorated and cleanliness is of the highest standard (far better than some hotels I've stayed in on the Strip!) I requested a disabled friendly room and that's exactly what I got - most rooms, although said to be disabled friendly are not....only concession most places offer is a roll in shower, other than that, some rooms are overfilled with unnecessary furniture - making it difficult/nigh on impossible to get around in a wheelchair....not the case with the CH, not only could I use my wheelchair but also my motorised scooter which I hired whilst out there and must add that it was huge in comparison to the one I use at home - non the less, space was at a premium and.....I only bumped into a cpl of things which is excellent when you consider I was not familiar with the layout of the rooms nor size/useability of the scooter (bedroom was Not large enough for scooter.) The kitchenette was well equipped with a large fridge, microwave, dishwasher, good quality crockery & utensils, I have read a review that complained of housekeeping not doing the washing up, there is a folder in the apartment that clearly states "housekeeping do not wash up". My stay was for 4 nights - I was only woken once by building work (and I'm a very light sleeper.) One review also states that the showerhead was not high enough....my Husband's 6' 4" and had no probs!
All in all, I cannot fault this hotel at all and have already recommended it several times to ppl who aren't bothered about staying on the Strip, a mega plus for the CH is.....NO CASINO so no incessant noisy slot machines.
Whilst in LV if you get the opportunity visit Red Rock Canyon, a short drive away (30 mins at most) but a haven of peace and tranquility - you wouldn't believe you were in Vegas!!
I've a feel a return visit approaching within cpl years :-) *****

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple