“Good location, nice clean rooms and just off the strip”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Carriage House

The Carriage House
Ranked #16 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
minneapolis, MN
“Good location, nice clean rooms and just off the strip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We went the Vegas for New Years and found this property on trip advisor so thought we would try it out based on good reviews as well as the hotel offered the best location and nicest place for the money for New Years. When we arrived we were pleased with the location, as it is just kiddy corner from Planet Hollywood/miracle mile) as well as the rooms were nice and clean, in the bathroom area the sink/mirror were outside of the bathroom, which I think is nice option when multiple people are getting ready, etc. we stayed in the king deluxe, which was a average size hotel room, but included in it a mini kitchen with small fridge, counter, coffee maker, basic dishes and small table with chairs for two. One thing we wish it had was a small couch, just to sit on or watch tv, but the room did not have space for it. They did have larger rooms available but the cost for New Years for hotels is high in vegas, so we settled for a more basic room, but if stayed again for more than a night or two( we were there for 4 nights) we would definitely opt for a larger room, as though the kitchen amenities/table chairs were nice to have, It was a bit crowded space for our length of stay, as last time we were in vegas(about 6 weeks prior) we stayed at polo towers and had one of their 1 bedroom suites(which look comparable to the suites/ larger rooms at carriage house) so were a bit spoiled by the space/size.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank northshoregirl1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is an absolute gem of a hotel.

Im almost reluctant to write a review as i dont want it being swamped with people and then the prices going up!!! :-)

My partner and I decided on staying here for 4 nights over the new year period as we wanted to be close to the strip and yet far enough away to escape from the madness.

We couldnt of found a better place, it was approx 5 mins walk at the most from planet hollywood which is roughly the centre of the strip and also good value for money.

What is also nice is that as its mainly studios if you were staying for longer you could buy your own food to do cooking etc.

It is a non gambling resort which is very refreshing as neither of us was interested in it and it can be a bit overwhelming with it everywhere but i guess that is Vegas as a whole.

The only downside was that Wifi wasnt that good in the rooms on the 7th floor but that is just being really picky as everything else was great from staff helpfulness to room size.

When we return to Vegas I will definately be staying here again.

Tip - if looking to go to a show, go to one of the tickets for tonight booths on the strip as they sell returned tickets for shows later on in the evening. we went to see Penn and Teller at the RIo for $120 for two people when it should have been closer to $200.

Room Tip: choose a room on a lower floor to get better wifi.
4 Thank The1927Clubber
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

I got a free week timeshare and we chose this location, blindly. I am glad I made this our home base while we enjoyed Las Vegas for New Years.
Good things:
1. Terrific location. You are walking distance to MGM and Planet Hollywood, Miracle Mile Shopping and two blocks to the strip.
2. Close to the tram
3. Quiet location. I thought it would be super noisy on the side we were on (tram side) but with the windows closed you couldn't hear a thing.
4. Comfortable beds
5. large living room with good tv
6. did I mention the great location????
Room for improvement:
1. Pool was closed and not disclosed
2. smoky smell in lobby at times
3. Our room (a 2 bedroom) did not look anything like the pictures. I imagine the one bedrooms have been remodeled. Ours seemed a bit older
4. Some mold in the shower, but not so bad I needed housekeeping to make an extra visit.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

2 Thank jebett
a city by a lake, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in mid-August and I'm just now leaving a review because I was doing our reviews in order. I got burnt out and never got around to this one. The fact that I neglected to do a review months ago in no way is a reflection of our experience. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Location: We were about a block from the strip--not too far, not too close.

Hotel lobby: No frills. Great to be able to go straight through to the elevators and not have to find a path through slot machines and smokey air.

Room: When we walked in, we were blown away. The room was very upscale modern and huge. This is a timeshare type hotel so all rooms may not look the same?

Bathroom: A good size with a walk-in tiled shower with a place to sit or put your toiletries. They provide Bath & Bodyworks toiletries and wrapped cotton balls and cotton swabs.

Dining area: Nice circular dining table.

Kitchen: Full spacious kitchen. Great for storing leftovers and reheating.

Other amenities: Pull out bed in living room. Flat screen TV in bedroom and living room.

View: We had a one-bedroom king suite room that faced the parking lot and outdoor swimming pool. We could see the Planet Hollywood Hotel (which btw is not where the Planet Hollywood restaurant is located) and the Aria Hotel.

Parking: Free! Just give your vehicle details to the front desk.

Rate: We were there in the summer and got what we thought was a good rate. I believe one day was cheaper than the other because it was getting towards the end of the high season? I don't think we spent more than $119 for one day and that was for four guests.

We would definitely stay here again if we ever visit Las Vegas again. This was a great room for a family. If we stayed longer we may have taken fuller advantage of the kitchen. I highly recommend the Carriage House!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank wannabefolkie
Fresno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

We were in Vegas two nights for the Las Vegas Bowl and didn't want to wade through casino smoke to get to our room every night. The Carriage House was perfect. This is no luxury resort, but the room was clean, comfortable and in great condition, with plenty of space, more than sufficient drawer/closet space, and a good location. We heard almost no noise from hallway or other rooms. The location was great if you don't mind walking a few (safe) blocks to restaurants and casinos, and very convenient if you have a car. The staff was friendly and when we had an issue with the bathroom light, maintenance was there within minutes. I would certainly recommend to friends who want to hit casinos/shopping on The Strip, but have a convenient retreat away from the glitz when the hype that is Vegas starts to annoy.

2 Thank Fresno_roadtrip50
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I gauged the quality of the service on how the management dealt an unexpected issue; the management at the Carriage House exceeded my expectation. Although my wife and I were forewarned that external construction work could start early Monday morning (the last of our 3 night stay), we were disturbed even earlier by internal maintenance happening above our ceiling. Although my complaint was initially dismissed by the cold staff member handling my check-out, the management must have investigated and, without being asked, refunded 50% of the cost of that night.
I selected this hotel primarily for its location and the good scores for this element on TripAdvisor. I was not disappointed - the Carriage House is ideally located.
The concierge is well informed and helpful, and offer good discounts on shows.
Judging by the tired décor I must have stayed in a room awaiting refurbishing. However, the room was comfortable and meet our needs.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 50SomethingPOM
CarriageHouseStaff, General Manager at The Carriage House, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear 50SomethingPOM,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry about the early morning noise that you experienced . We are renovating some of our guest rooms and make every effort to limit any noisy projects until later in the day. However, since that did not happen I appreciate you bringing it to our attention so that we could make things right. I am happy that Pam our Concierge was able to help you with discounted show and tour information. We look forward to having you visit again.

Happy Holidays!
Amy Lowell
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

If you are visiting Las Vegas you should stay at the self-catering Carriage house. Although the Carriage House is predominantly timeshare it is also like a hotel. The location is excellent because it is situated close to the Strip, between MGM and Planet Hollywood. We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was rather spacious. Although the furniture was modern it was not glamorous. It’s very homely. They have very comfortable beds and clean rooms. We enjoyed walking around and shopping in the area. The security at the Carriage House was excellent and made you feel especially safe. The monorail is close but we never heard a thing. Would visit there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SonyaRewBurchi
Dear SonyaRewBurchi,

Thank you for your review of the Carriage House. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Two Bedroom units. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Happy Holidays!