“Great all around spot!!”
Review of The Carriage House

The Carriage House
Ranked #17 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Delavan, Wisconsin
“Great all around spot!!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The Carriage House was a II timeshare exchange choice which did not disappoint. I had a one bedroom suite that was clean and ready for a 3pm check-in. I was traveling solo and did a lot of hiking so I liked having a full kitchen to prepare breakfasts, lunches to go, and some evening dinners before attending shows. The location is top notch as I only had a 25 minute walk or 10 minute drive to all the Vegas shows I choose to see. Check-in was prompt and parking was safe and ample. I will definitely be back again when I return to Vegas!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank zimmys57

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lima
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We really enjoyed our time in this hotel, the room was exactly what we expected and being so closed to the strip -without all the smoke and noise- was definitely a huge advantage.

The room was very spacious, the kitchen was well equipped, and we enjoyed the pool and spa pool . We can only complain about the housekeeping service in our room (housekeeper showed up at different times everyday and if we were in the room she was not able to come back later) but besides that everything was fine and everyone was very friendly and open to any questions even before we arrived there. I got some packages sent to the hotel before we arrived and they were really helpful with that.

Also, there is free wi-fi and a business center with computers and a printer available - we were able to make the web check-in for our flight there- , and they can hold your luggage in case you are leaving Las Vegas hours after your check out. If we go back to Vegas we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ClauFJ
Saskatoon
Reviewed 5 April 2014

When we opened the door to our room, I thought that maybe we were in the wrong place. It was nothing like the photos that the hotel published or the photo that is printed on the pull-out brochure attached to the room key sleeve. It was extremely dated and although it was surface clean, it needed an overhaul.

After the first night, I expressed my concern and thanks to Taylor at the front desk who understood my confusion, we made arrangements to move to a newly renovated room which we were told would be available after lunch. With that, we headed out for a bite to eat and a walk, returning to the hotel just after 1:00. Taylor provided us with our new room assignment and keys - great! But then another front desk clerk emerged from no where to let me know that if we hadn't arrived when we did, we would have lost our new room. She proceeded to tell me in a less than professional tone and volume that she had tried calling but I didn't answer my phone --- interestingly enough, she had called my home number. When I told her that, she repeated that we were minutes away from losing the room and that we were lucky to have shown up when we did. She then ended by telling me in a very "as a matter of fact" manner that our new room was located where the construction was going on so I should expect that it will be noisy. There were several people in the lobby at the time and my husband who was standing at the elevator could hear every word as could everyone else who was looking on in bewilderment at the scolding.That wasn't the level of service we expected based on what other contributors have said. I was very surprised and very disappointed.

Aside from that particularly unhappy front desk clerk, the service was okay. Taylor, Pam and Dan in particular were delightful to deal with. Aside from them and the cleaning staff, I wouldn't rank this hotel super high in the service category.

Now to the pros --- location is awesome. It really is just minutes from the strip. It is a quiet location but the walls are pretty thin. We could really hear people in the rooms next door and in the hallway. Luckily though, this is not a party hotel so it wasn't an issue as it was quiet at night. With the help of the wonderful concierge, we rented a car for a day and the free onsite parking was a nice perk. Lastly, the price is right. It is a really a good bang for the buck.

After spending six nights at this hotel, I would certainly recommend it and would consider staying again. Perhaps "some" employees could take a lesson in delivering a better guest experience.

Room Tip: The upgraded rooms are very nice, very modern and very clean - if that is important to you, make sur...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Saskcapers
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We enjoyed our week-long stay at the Carriage House. Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. Our boys loved the heated pool-they would have spent the entire trip in the pool! Only two short blocks from the strip and yet a quiet and calm location, we enjoyed being close to the action, but yet able to get away from it all at the end of the night. The room was comfortable and the housekeeping was beyond my expectations. Only caution is the fold out couch is not made for adults, fine for us since our boys are little, but would have been miserable for adults to sleep on. All in all though a FABULOUS location and we would recommend Carriage House to anyone!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Parkerm0m
Kirkland
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Want a place to retreat from the smoke, blinking lights, and non-stop action on the Strip, but still not be too far away from it? This is the place. It's a ten-minute walk from the center of everything. Our room had a well-stocked kitchenette so we could make inexpensive meals. Bed was comfortable. Most importantly, it was quiet! I will definitely stay here again if I ever find myself in Vegas in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

A clean and friendly hotel with excellent staff. Set just off the Strip it's a quiet hotel with a well stocked kitchenette for self catering. My bed was really comfortable and the room was spotlessly clean.
A pool and spa pool help ease the aches of trudging up and down the Strip.
Nice place

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Tucson
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have stayed at the Carriage House for 20 years when I visit Vegas. I love that's it's a block off the strip but central in location to the strip. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The pool and hot tub are great and there is ample parking. It's close to the airport. Grocery shopping is close by car. There are many services they offer if you chose not to have a car the front desk and concierge are very helpful. I just can't imagine staying in a casino with the crowds and noise. The views have diminished through the years as the area around them has really built up, sad really because all sides of the hotel were great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family