“Exceeded expectations!”
Review of The Carriage House

The Carriage House
Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stated here in Vegas for three nights. I was a bit confused when they gave us room keys for two different rooms. We entered the first and it had a full kitchen, table, bathroom and lovely living room area. We entered the adjoining room and found one super king bed, small table, partial kitchen and bathroom. Where were the kids sleeping???

We returned to the first room to see if the couch was a bed. It wasn't. We then noticed some bars and realized you had to partially dismantle the couch then pull down the Murphy bed! The boys liked that, it was right in front of a big screen tv! This meant they also had their own bathroom and fridge!

Being a short building among the giants, we had no view. But we never spent much time in the room other than to sleep. The staff were always friendly and the hotel was clean. They even provided soft toilet paper!

I didn't use the pool but my husband and kids did and enjoyed it. It's a good location as well. Off the noisy strip, but close enough to walk to the strip and to the MGM Grand to catch the monorail.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank usakiwimom
There are newer reviews for The Carriage House

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I needed to use my timeshare week or lose it, so I decided on Vegas. The Carriage House was near the strip so I decided to give it a chance. I was pleasantly surprised. I called ahead and spoke with Taylor. Upon arrival, I had the pleasure of meeting Taylor. He was just as nice and helpful in person. I also spent from Tuesday thru Friday at the resort alone. I felt very safe and taken care of. This resort met my every need. I did have a 2 bedroom unit that was huge and would easily sleep 9 people. I had a full working kitchen and two huge bathrooms. I will warn that some rooms are not facing the strip and the pool sun is only available from 10-2(partial earlier and later), but no sun after 3(this is in April). I did see a lot of people using the pool before and after as they probably did not want to be in the sun. The Jacuzzi was a good temperature, but the jets could have been stronger. The Miracle Mile Mall behind Planet Hollywood is just down the street with plenty of shops and restaurants with good deals. The Carriage House also has a concierge who will give you a welcome packet with coupons and you can book tours with her. She is very nice and helpful. I came home two nights from the Mall after 10pm and felt safe to walk alone the short walk back. I would stay again if this resort was available.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for strip side if possible if that is what you would like.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank michele k
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights when we first arrived in the USA for our fly drive tour of Las Vegas/California. The hotel is situated a block away from the strip and is a mere 5 minute walk to the MGM grand.
The check in was very smooth and the staff very courteous and helpful. The room was quite spacious with a large comfortable bed. There was also a small kitchenette with a fridge. The free wifi had a very good connection.
There were limited facilities at the hotel with no restaurant but a small heated swimming pool. As the area is surrounded by high rise buildings it doesn't get the sun until about 10am and then loses it about 3pm. This was in April so it could be a bit more in the summer when the sun is higher.
We had a thoroughly enjoyable 3 days staying at the Carriage House and would loved to have stayed longer. The cost for the 3 days was about £60 per night which is very good for Las Vegas. The hotel doesn't charge a 'resort fee' or for parking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rojo447
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Carraige house is in a excellent location, 5 minute walk to the las vegas strip. A big positive was that you are close but far enough away from the noise and activity of the strip. It was a great hotel for families as there was no casino, gambling machines and especially no smoking. The rooms were beautifully decorated and had every attention to detail. No resort fees and had a nice heated swimming pool and spa. It had laundry facilities onsite so you could do your own washing and dryer. l would not hesitate to return to this hidden gem. thank you carriage house for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: If you get a room high and facing the pool you will see the strip etc, a 1 bedroom room is big enoug...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Gary E
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Conveniently located only 1.5 blocks off the strip, a quiet place to recharge. Free parking & wifi, clean rooms, comfortable bed/linens and terrific internet room rate with AAA promo discount if you stay at least 4 nights. We chose the King bed studio with a kitchenette (2 burner glass cooktop, compact fridge, micro, sink, coffee maker, utensils, dishes, and pans for 2). Great security, non-gaming property. Check in/out took only a few minutes. Marie at the Concierge Desk was extremely helpful in narrowing down the shows we selected via emails/phone calls. We prepaid the shows and upon check-in, received separate envelopes/tickets for each show noting where & when to be there. By ordering ahead of time, she also got us great seats! This is the only place we will stay in Vegas!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JuneBug_T
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel suited us perfectly. Very quiet yet only 1.5 blocks off the strip. Just 1/2 block to the Miracle Mile shops and restaurants in Planet Hollywood. Many other hotels within walking distance. The Carriage House was very reasonably priced, with clean rooms, ample parking, friendly and helpful staff. We didn't use the pool but it was clean and inviting. Also appreciated that the AC in the room was quiet and efficient.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LindaK1616
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is a terrific option if you want to be close to the action, but don't want the non-stop-in-your-face-assault-on-your-senses-experience you usually get by staying in the enormous casino properties.

I had stayed at this property eight years ago and was expecting that it, like so many other Vegas hotels, had declined in service and condition. But I was wrong. For starters, I got a renovated room, which felt more like a modern apartment with its decor and furnishings. As for the service, the front desk staff members were always cheery and helpful, and the housekeeping lady was friendly and professional.

What I really appreciated, however, was what the property hasn't done. It hasn't gotten caught up in all the annoying practices of the big hotels, like imposing steep "resort fees" and/or other fees for services that used to be included. It also doesn't engage in the wildly fluctuating rate game. Sure, the rate does fluctuate depending on demand, but not wildly.

Location: hard to beat. Although it's designated as "off the Strip," it will probably take you less time to get to Las Vegas Boulevard than the people in the "on the Strip" casinos who must navigate long hallways, wait for slow elevators, and make their way through the crowded, maze-like, smoke-filled casinos just to leave their hotels.

Parking/check-in: I was able to park and walk mere steps to the lobby, where there was no line to check in. This is in sharp contrast to other Vegas experiences where I have spent 10 minutes shlepping my luggage through a parking structure and large casino only to arrive to a check-in line that had 100+ people in it.

Noise: Yes, there is construction going on right now, but I heard it just once during the day. At night, the only noise I heard was the monorail, but it wasn't loud enough to bother me. A few times I heard my neighbors through the walls, but this place attracts a mellow crowd, so you probably won't be hearing guests partying in their room at 4 a.m. On the weekends, you might hear a few more car horns and police sirens, so bring your earplugs if you're a light sleeper.

Security: The elevator requires you to enter your room key in order to go to an upper floor. I walked back to the hotel by myself at night without any concerns. My car, which was parked in front of the hotel the whole time, was fine (just don't leave valuables in sight).

Kitchen/groceries: I used the kitchen to prepare breakfast, but ate my other meals out. It seemed fully equipped, though, for people who want to cook all their meals at the hotel. The lobby has a few snack items (mostly microwaveable foods, milk, yogurt, etc.), but the hotel also offers a service that lets you order groceries. Also, there's a large convenience store at the Planet Hollywood's Miracle Mile mall, just a five minute walk away.

Tip: When I first checked availability for this place, it was booked for my travel dates. But I waited until two days before my trip and some rooms opened up. I later learned that this property lets people cancel their reservation two days in advance without penalty, which I think is what happened in my case. If you don't mind waiting until the last minute to book, then this strategy might be worth it.

Room Tip: I don't think all of the rooms have been renovated yet, so ask to get one if that's importan...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business