“Great stay in Las Vegas”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Carriage House

The Carriage House
Ranked #16 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Northern Ireland
“Great stay in Las Vegas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We found d the Carriage House a great base for our week in Las Vegas. It was very close to the Strip yet very quiet. The entrance to Planet Holywood is just yards away across the road. We had a very spacious one bedroom apartment which was better than we had expected. The decor was a little tired but, to be fair, this property is being renovated and we did not get one of the refurbished rooms. There were a few dirty marks on the kitchen surface and fridge door which wiped off easily. Other than this, if we had a refurbished apartment, and without the marks in the kitchen I would have had no hesitation in awarding five stars. The rest of the apartment was very clean.
The reception staff and concierge were great - so pleasant and helpful. There is a swimming pool which although a modest size was never crowded, with enough sunbeds at all times.
I would have no hesitation in returning to the Carriage House.
The only downside to our stay was the rip-off taxi driver who took a long route from the airport to the Carriage House via the Interstate, thus turning a $20 fare into over $30. Beware! It may have made this clever driver a quick buck (or ten) but we never took a taxi again, instead using the excellent bus service.

Room Tip: Request a refurbished room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Davn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

My husband, myself and 2 children ages11 &9 stayed here for a week. Our room was one of the unrenovated ones, it was tired looking but was clean and very comfortable. We had a 1 bedroom with a full kitchen. The king size bed was super comfy and the kids said the pull out couch was comfy as well. The fridge had an ice maker which was wonderful it was nice to make a nice cold drink:-)

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Check in was very fast. The concierge was also very friendly and helped with getting tickets to different shows, got us the best prices. One show she gave us the price she could get it for but told us to go to the box office and see if they could do better. That showed us she had our best interest. We attended their short meet and greet which was good, I would recommend that you attend, we learned some useful info. Plus you have coffee and danishes:-)

The pool area was also nice. This place had majority retired people, and some families. The older folks were Sun lovers so during the day they were Sun bathing around the pool, but at 2:50 when the sun went behind the building in front they disappeared as well. My children essentially had the pool to themselves, we liked when the sun went behind the building it was still really warm but didn't have to worry about the kids burning! The hot tub need some work done on it, but worked fine.

Location was spot on! Walk maybe 4 minutes and you are right in the strip! You can walk 2 minutes cross the road and walk through planet Hollywood's miracle mile, we did that if it was really hot, and if heading north on the strip.

I also used the laundry facilities, I didn't think I would but I thought I would much rather take home clean clothes! I think it cost only $2 to wash and dry a load! It is also open 24 /7.

I liked the fact that this is a non smoking, non casino place! We were walking through one of the large casino and my son said the smelling of smoke was giving him a headache which it was for me as well.

In summary we loved our stay at the Carriage House and would definitely recommend it to everyone and would not hesitate and stay there again!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Carrie F
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Nice room for a great price. Very close to the Las Vegas strip. I stayed in Room 816. It was clean and updated with a kitchen. The pool was basic but well kept; it was a good spot to cool off and relax. I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DebYoung04
Tauranga, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stated here in Vegas for three nights. I was a bit confused when they gave us room keys for two different rooms. We entered the first and it had a full kitchen, table, bathroom and lovely living room area. We entered the adjoining room and found one super king bed, small table, partial kitchen and bathroom. Where were the kids sleeping???

We returned to the first room to see if the couch was a bed. It wasn't. We then noticed some bars and realized you had to partially dismantle the couch then pull down the Murphy bed! The boys liked that, it was right in front of a big screen tv! This meant they also had their own bathroom and fridge!

Being a short building among the giants, we had no view. But we never spent much time in the room other than to sleep. The staff were always friendly and the hotel was clean. They even provided soft toilet paper!

I didn't use the pool but my husband and kids did and enjoyed it. It's a good location as well. Off the noisy strip, but close enough to walk to the strip and to the MGM Grand to catch the monorail.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank usakiwimom
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I needed to use my timeshare week or lose it, so I decided on Vegas. The Carriage House was near the strip so I decided to give it a chance. I was pleasantly surprised. I called ahead and spoke with Taylor. Upon arrival, I had the pleasure of meeting Taylor. He was just as nice and helpful in person. I also spent from Tuesday thru Friday at the resort alone. I felt very safe and taken care of. This resort met my every need. I did have a 2 bedroom unit that was huge and would easily sleep 9 people. I had a full working kitchen and two huge bathrooms. I will warn that some rooms are not facing the strip and the pool sun is only available from 10-2(partial earlier and later), but no sun after 3(this is in April). I did see a lot of people using the pool before and after as they probably did not want to be in the sun. The Jacuzzi was a good temperature, but the jets could have been stronger. The Miracle Mile Mall behind Planet Hollywood is just down the street with plenty of shops and restaurants with good deals. The Carriage House also has a concierge who will give you a welcome packet with coupons and you can book tours with her. She is very nice and helpful. I came home two nights from the Mall after 10pm and felt safe to walk alone the short walk back. I would stay again if this resort was available.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for strip side if possible if that is what you would like.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank michele k
Romford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights when we first arrived in the USA for our fly drive tour of Las Vegas/California. The hotel is situated a block away from the strip and is a mere 5 minute walk to the MGM grand.
The check in was very smooth and the staff very courteous and helpful. The room was quite spacious with a large comfortable bed. There was also a small kitchenette with a fridge. The free wifi had a very good connection.
There were limited facilities at the hotel with no restaurant but a small heated swimming pool. As the area is surrounded by high rise buildings it doesn't get the sun until about 10am and then loses it about 3pm. This was in April so it could be a bit more in the summer when the sun is higher.
We had a thoroughly enjoyable 3 days staying at the Carriage House and would loved to have stayed longer. The cost for the 3 days was about £60 per night which is very good for Las Vegas. The hotel doesn't charge a 'resort fee' or for parking.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rojo447
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Carraige house is in a excellent location, 5 minute walk to the las vegas strip. A big positive was that you are close but far enough away from the noise and activity of the strip. It was a great hotel for families as there was no casino, gambling machines and especially no smoking. The rooms were beautifully decorated and had every attention to detail. No resort fees and had a nice heated swimming pool and spa. It had laundry facilities onsite so you could do your own washing and dryer. l would not hesitate to return to this hidden gem. thank you carriage house for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: If you get a room high and facing the pool you will see the strip etc, a 1 bedroom room is big enoug...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family