We had a timeshare to use, and opted for the Carriage House. I was skeptical about it being a rundown,extremely low budget place but It was a wonderful decision thanks to the honest reviews on Tripadvisor. I stayed in the renovated King size studio/room with the kitchenette. The size was perfect. Our room faced the monorail, which was nice to see zip by, but was in no way noisy to disturb sleep or become an annoyance. The bed was comfortable, the pillows were okay, and the shower was spectacular (great water pressure). The bath and body works products were nice (soap, lotion, shampoo and conditioner but no shower gel). These were not replenished by housekeeping, but were promptly provided upon request once we caught her in the hallway. (minor overlook). Our towels and washcloths were always well stocked with lots of extras.
The staff prior to arrival and during my stay was always friendly, polite and helpful. The hotel did not have a smell as I read before. It is about three blocks from the strip, or you can also cut through Miracle Mile Shops for a more adventurous connection to the strip. The location is simply PERFECT. We walked a lot but we also chose to rent a car against my friends' advice that I did not need one. I am extremely happy I did because we took advantage of the off-strip sightseeing. Parking at the Carriage House is free, and all self parking at the other hotels were plentiful and free despite the time of day or night we visited. There is a Superwalmart not far from the airport for inexpensive purchases of water, liquor, food, and souvenirs.
The pool was adequate. I paid $279 plus tax for a week at the Carriage House and I absolutely would stay here again. I would also recommend this hotel to anyone on the fence about choosing an off-strip hotel. I visited almost all the other hotels, and was very happy to return to the peaceful, quiet, clean-aired Carriage House every night or morning. The guard at the front desk, and security patrol made us feel safe on those late nights or early mornings we were coming in. The hotel key in the elevator was needed sometimes but not always. And again, it's for the safety of all guests. I took advantage of the washing machine and dryer on my floor to avoid traveling with dirty clothes. (it takes quarters). The free WIFI was also a plus. My only recommendation for improvement is the gym and the television reception. There is only one treadmill and one elliptical machine, and the television clarity was poor. Thankfully walking the strip provided sufficient exercise for me during my stay, and there was no time to watch tv with all Vegas has to offer.
Give The Carriage House a try and you WILL NOT be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carriage House is located just a block away from the excitement of the Las Vegas Strip. Enjoy the comfortable accommodations, fully equipped kitchenettes or kitchens, business center and fitness room. Guest services and concierges are always available to provide information about show tickets, tour information and dinner reservations. Our non-gaming Las Vegas hotel is ideal for leisure and business travel, family travel and romantic getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Carriage House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carriage House Hotel Las Vegas
- Carriage Hotel Las Vegas
- The Carriage Hotel
- Carriage House Las Vegas
- The Carriage House Las Vegas