“Great one night stay”
Review of The Carriage House

The Carriage House
Ranked #18 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel together with my girlfriend for just the one night and I would highly recommend this place to anyone on a budget and who wants a little escape from the hustle and bustle of the strip. The staff were very friendly, and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark R

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had a timeshare to use, and opted for the Carriage House. I was skeptical about it being a rundown,extremely low budget place but It was a wonderful decision thanks to the honest reviews on Tripadvisor. I stayed in the renovated King size studio/room with the kitchenette. The size was perfect. Our room faced the monorail, which was nice to see zip by, but was in no way noisy to disturb sleep or become an annoyance. The bed was comfortable, the pillows were okay, and the shower was spectacular (great water pressure). The bath and body works products were nice (soap, lotion, shampoo and conditioner but no shower gel). These were not replenished by housekeeping, but were promptly provided upon request once we caught her in the hallway. (minor overlook). Our towels and washcloths were always well stocked with lots of extras.

The staff prior to arrival and during my stay was always friendly, polite and helpful. The hotel did not have a smell as I read before. It is about three blocks from the strip, or you can also cut through Miracle Mile Shops for a more adventurous connection to the strip. The location is simply PERFECT. We walked a lot but we also chose to rent a car against my friends' advice that I did not need one. I am extremely happy I did because we took advantage of the off-strip sightseeing. Parking at the Carriage House is free, and all self parking at the other hotels were plentiful and free despite the time of day or night we visited. There is a Superwalmart not far from the airport for inexpensive purchases of water, liquor, food, and souvenirs.

The pool was adequate. I paid $279 plus tax for a week at the Carriage House and I absolutely would stay here again. I would also recommend this hotel to anyone on the fence about choosing an off-strip hotel. I visited almost all the other hotels, and was very happy to return to the peaceful, quiet, clean-aired Carriage House every night or morning. The guard at the front desk, and security patrol made us feel safe on those late nights or early mornings we were coming in. The hotel key in the elevator was needed sometimes but not always. And again, it's for the safety of all guests. I took advantage of the washing machine and dryer on my floor to avoid traveling with dirty clothes. (it takes quarters). The free WIFI was also a plus. My only recommendation for improvement is the gym and the television reception. There is only one treadmill and one elliptical machine, and the television clarity was poor. Thankfully walking the strip provided sufficient exercise for me during my stay, and there was no time to watch tv with all Vegas has to offer.

Give The Carriage House a try and you WILL NOT be disappointed.

Room Tip: Request a renovated room
2  Thank kee146
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Carriage House is a quaint little place about 100 yards down from the hustle and bustle of the strip. We stayed for a week. Our room was nice and spacious, everything was clean. However, the bathroom was quite small, especially for 2 people, but the shower itself was roomy. There was a full kitchen and everything worked, but the ice maker was very slow, not even filling the plastic bucket once during our stay. We called for maintenance to come check it, and he showed up within 5 minutes. He said it was working, and we eventually did see some small cubes. The Wi-Fi is free, but don't bother, because it is super slow! I think being between the huge buildings interrupts the signal. However, the 2 computers in the lobby are very fast. The concierge service is a nice plus, and she has loads of information. One drawback was that we did not have a washer/dryer in our unit. There was a public one available for $1.25 each wash/ dry. The pool/hot tub area are nice, but small. Overall, it was a nice stay, and a fair timeshare trade. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Go to the informational session on Monday mornings to get helpful tips for your stay.
1  Thank badgerpt
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was a great find thanks to other Tripadvisor reviews. I originally wanted my first stay in Vegas to be in one of the big hotels but our budget didnt quite stretch and boy am I glad we ended up here. Its very close to the strip, very quiet, and has no smoking or poker machines in the main lobby.
The staff are friendly and nice and our room was a huge suite! I expected a regular room, but it had a kitchen, lounge area, private room and walk in closet. For the price that was amazing!

The only bad thing I have to mention, was the internet. The connection was TERRIBLE. I cannot believe they haven't got a better connection, I had better internet in Sedona than here.
Go use the computer in the lobby, its the fastest connection and doesnt drop out.

1  Thank Jade_alexander1
Reviewed 10 August 2014

What a great place...clean, close, cheap and quiet - a gem just off the strip...staff friendly and helpful...stayed in room on 7th floor with a view of Planet Hollywood ....was alone but felt safe all the time! If I had to say something negative..it would be that there is no close grocery store...but there is a Walgreens near by and many restaurants in Planet Hollywood...Harley Davidson restaurant too...I have been to Vegas many times - stayed many places- The Carriage House is the best!..always booked so plan in advance if you want to stay there...

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front..top floors...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Gsport
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The Carriage House is a nice and affordable hotel, close to the strip in Las Vegas. The rooms are spatious and nicely decorated/furnished. Nice firm bed, with comforting sheets/linen.
The kitchenette offers a coffeamaker, hotplates and more.
Nice bathroom, with the sink situated outside the bathroom, making it possible for more people to use the facilities at the same time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We "accidentally" stayed at this place because if was too hot to stay in our mobile home during the summer! The AC was not powerful enough to handle the summer Vegas heat. Vegas was at 110 but felt more like 120+. The hotel provided a temp santuary for couple days. Originally we booked a single room over the phone but after deciding that it was too small, we asked the nice hotel rep to upgrade us to a bigger room even if we have to pay for it(paid extra $20/night). After she checked couple of reservation systems, she managed to find a connected room(felt more like a suite, has small kitchen, living room) on the 3rd floor that has 2 bathrooms and 2 beds(one bed is in living room that comes down from wall). The room was recently renovated and the decor is nice. The only negative was the hall way and the room, doors and elevator on the 3rd floor looks outdated so it could use a refresh. We did not use the pool or gym so can't comment about it. Anyway, it was nice place to stay for couple of nights.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family