I stayed there May 12-16. Like so many people I did not want to pay $200+ per night for a room in the new mega -deluxe "resorts." Going midweek is usually much cheaper, but they only charged an additional $27 for the Saturday night. I stayed at this hotel about 7 years ago and was happy to see that it has been kept up very well. With all the construction going on around it, the pool is closer to the hotel and the parking lot is smaller. But that is all for the better. This is a great location. Only 1 block to the New Planet Hollywood shops, 2 blocks to the strip. Rooms were very clean and staff was great. They took time to answer any question in detail.
I like having the kitchentte in the room. I'm not a big breakfast person so the first day I stock up on some food. It is great to have a relaxing morning instead of having to get dressed just to go get something to eat when you get up.
I had read some reviews about construction noise so I took ear plugs with me. Maybe it was just my room location, but construction noise was not a problem. I thought the noise would be bad while trying to relax by the pool, but that didn't bother me either. The air conditioner would be my only minor complaint...that was annoying. So I was glad I had the ear plugs.
This is an excellent value for the size of room and location. It is by no means elegant or luxurious. It is a very good hotel. I hope it doesn't get squeezed out by everything going up around it. That seems to be the way of things in Vegas now...out with the old, in with the new. Let's hope they keep a few of the traditional hotels for us "regular" people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carriage House is located just a block away from the excitement of the Las Vegas Strip. Enjoy the comfortable accommodations, fully equipped kitchenettes or kitchens, business center and fitness room. Guest services and concierges are always available to provide information about show tickets, tour information and dinner reservations. Our non-gaming Las Vegas hotel is ideal for leisure and business travel, family travel and romantic getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Carriage House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carriage House Hotel Las Vegas
- Carriage Hotel Las Vegas
- The Carriage Hotel
- Carriage House Las Vegas
- The Carriage House Las Vegas