“excellent place to stay!”
Review of The Carriage House

The Carriage House
Ranked #15 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
NC
“excellent place to stay!”
Reviewed 19 June 2007

This is a great place to stay to experience Las Vegas! My husband and I were there the 2nd week of June, for a first time visit. The Carriage House is incredibly convenient to almost everything, and is a non-smoking, non-gaming suite hotel. We used our timeshare exchange and it was well worth it. The place is very well maintained and nice, with a small but perfectly adequate pool. The staff were friendly and helpful -if we ever come back to Las Vegas, we will definitely stay here.

• Liked — very close to but not right on the Strip - no noise!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
7 Thank djcpbr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
RHODE ISLAND
Reviewed 11 June 2007

Stayed here last week June 2-9 and loved everything about this place. The security is top notch. The rooms and common areas are spotless. We had a one bedroom suite and everything was brand new and spotless. It was large with a large bathroom, full kitchen, dining room and living room. The bedroom with king size bed was large and it had the most comfortable mattress that I have ever slept on anywhere. They leave you with loads of extra towels in the bathroom drawers and the huge closet has extra pillows and blankets. The staff is very accomodating and pleasant. I stayed at the Marriott Grand Chateau last year which is also suites/timeshare and I enjoyed The Carriage House so much more. They even clean your room every day which most time shares do not. I wouild never think of cooking while on vacation, but it is so nice to have the extra room. Alll the appliances were brand new. I cannot think of a negative thing to say. I would recommend this to anyone and I will stay here again on my next trip to Vegas. The location is convenient, too!

• Liked — The spaciouness of the suite and the cleanliness of the entire place
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything that I did not like
  • Stayed June 2007
9 Thank ROADSTERGAL
michigan
Reviewed 4 June 2007

We stayed here when we first arrived in Vegas for 3 days and then after coming back from california. We love this place, convenient to the strip, and convenient shops if you forgot to pack something small. nice spa!!. Safe key system that doesn't allow anyone on elevator with out room key. Only wish it had internet services for everyone, you had to have wireless or pay to use hotels computer. Not everyone carries a computer with them on vacation. We also got upgraded to one bedroom suite on last stay, really nice, comfortable place. And people we so helpful. even gave directions to go to death valley,printed out!! Concierge was so helpful too.

• Liked — comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — that the pool, and spa was across the driiveway entering the hotel
7 Thank njtucker
Racine, WI
Reviewed 25 May 2007

I stayed there May 12-16. Like so many people I did not want to pay $200+ per night for a room in the new mega -deluxe "resorts." Going midweek is usually much cheaper, but they only charged an additional $27 for the Saturday night. I stayed at this hotel about 7 years ago and was happy to see that it has been kept up very well. With all the construction going on around it, the pool is closer to the hotel and the parking lot is smaller. But that is all for the better. This is a great location. Only 1 block to the New Planet Hollywood shops, 2 blocks to the strip. Rooms were very clean and staff was great. They took time to answer any question in detail.

I like having the kitchentte in the room. I'm not a big breakfast person so the first day I stock up on some food. It is great to have a relaxing morning instead of having to get dressed just to go get something to eat when you get up.

I had read some reviews about construction noise so I took ear plugs with me. Maybe it was just my room location, but construction noise was not a problem. I thought the noise would be bad while trying to relax by the pool, but that didn't bother me either. The air conditioner would be my only minor complaint...that was annoying. So I was glad I had the ear plugs.

This is an excellent value for the size of room and location. It is by no means elegant or luxurious. It is a very good hotel. I hope it doesn't get squeezed out by everything going up around it. That seems to be the way of things in Vegas now...out with the old, in with the new. Let's hope they keep a few of the traditional hotels for us "regular" people.

• Liked — having a kitchenette in the room.
  • Disliked — air conditioning was noisy.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
8 Thank onedohfan
Comstock Park, Michigan
Reviewed 21 May 2007

We stayed at The Carriage House in Las Vegas for the last four days of our 11-day trip. This is a small hotel, nine floors, about one (long) block from the strip. Access to the Miracle Mile Shops is only one block away and a great place to cut through to avoid the heat of the day.

Very conveniently located near the strip, it has free and ample parking. There is no casino in this hotel, so access to your room is quick and easy. All access into the hotel is monitored and the keycard must be used to enter the building after 10:00 p.m. and at all times to access the elevators. Great security!

We had a king room with small kitchenette. Perfect for our needs! Came with everything we needed to cook simple meals which was a nice break after eating out for seven days in row. The hotel supplied everything needed in the kitchen, including coffee pot, micro, stove stop, fridge, towels, dish soap, etc.

We received a room on the third floor away from the construction which is taking place around this hotel at an amazing pace. We were only disturbed once by the construction noise. Otherwise, it was a small buzz in the background, but nothing to disturb us.

The room was immaculate. The beds were comfortable and had a cotton waffle-weave blanket instead of the velour blanket all hotels seem to use. The front desk employees were always so helpful. The pool was open until 10:00 p.m. and we enjoyed that several evenings after a long day on the strip and before we went back out for evening touring. They have a snack vending area which supplied us with ice cream treats at a very reasonable price (75 cents to $1.25). After paying $3 for bottled water on the strip one day, I could really appreciate the value of a ice cream treat for 75 cents!!)

I would recommend this hotel whoeheartedly to anyone. At $70 a night, it's a value that can't be beaten by any "off-strip" property.

• Liked — Location, location, location! And safes located in the rooms.
  • Disliked — We loved it all!
2 Thank kcsdtypist
Mattituck, New York
Reviewed 3 May 2007

This was our second stay at the Carriage House. Last year, we really wanted a suite hotel and saw some good reviews on this one on tripadvisor. This year we didn't really need a suite but decided to stay there anyway. It's right off the strip so you can walk to the Dessert Passages Mall (now turning into the Miracle Mile Mall) and the Planet Hollywood Casino (formerly Aladdin). We even did that last July and lived to tell about it. This is a great place to stay if you will want a break from all the crowds and dodging slot machines--it has no casino. The staff is friendly and helpful. We had a problem with the drain in the tub and it was fixed right away. I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — The quiet
  • Disliked — No cafe or restaurant
6 Thank Lost_Detroiter
Bedford UK
Reviewed 18 April 2007

We stayed three nights in a one bedroom suite in mid April.

Following instructions we found the hotel easily enough and could park close to the entrance.
Very small by comparison with Las Vegas hotels, but this made it all very smooth. Coffee available in the morning. Swimming pool, smallish but handy. Basketball court (which my kids loved), which overlapped with tennis court.
Our suite wasn't huge, but it all worked fine. Slightly odd smell in the room, but you could open the windows slightly which we did. Good sized kitchen area. There was a lot of construction work around, as in many parts of Vegas. This could be noisy through the night, on only one night did this approach a problem. You might want to check when this would be through if this could be a problem for you (Although this would appear to be a common problem in Vegas).
Easy walk to the Desert Passage and onto the Strip.
We only paid between $95-129 a night which seemed a real bargain.
Certainly we'd stay there again for the peaceful off strip non-casino ambience, location and value.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with family