“Better than I expected!”

Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino
Ranked #71 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Better than I expected!”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to bring in the new year in Las Vegas. I've been to Vegas about 5 times (this was his first) and stayed at various places. I'd been in Treasure Island mainly because of one of the restaurants I liked that had reasonable prices. I checked out the reviews and booked the room based upon those reviews. We were definitely impressed. The room looked exactly like the picture. Also we had an AWESOME view of the strip. We were on the 23rd floor so we could see everything. The only reason I'm giving this a 4 star is due to the fitness facility. For the size of the hotel I would have expected a much bigger fitness facility. Much bigger. I had to cut my workout short due to the room being over crowded. But aside from that the hotel was great and I would definitely stay there again and recommend the hotel to others.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trinitee0971

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,827)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
USA
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I'm not sure what happened. TI used to be a nice property; certainly competitive with it's neighbors. It's a shame when a reputable hotel drops below the bar. The good: location - everywhere is walkable from TI, shower - hot and great water pressure. The bad: paper-thin walls (pray you don't get stuck next to a room with a baby or toddler as I did), cleanliness - the rooms were updated somewhat recently but they have not been maintained. For example, the surface underneath the glass needs cleaning. Corners and edges of the carpet aren't being vacuumed. Grout and sealant in the bathroom is eroding and/or peeling. I spent the first night wiping everything down. The ugly: the food. I was forewarned but risked the Coffee Shop, anyway. How hard can soup and salad be? I found out the hard way. My brown salad was covered in stale cheese and the brown, lumpy, mushroom soup left little to desire. And, to top it off, my aged waitress was rude (generally, when people greet you it's a good idea to greet them back) and she disappeared midway through my meal. I spent the last 15 minutes walking around in a daze trying to find someone to take my money. Stay here if you're on a budget but don't expect anything special.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank OohIKnow
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We have stayed here several times and have never been unhappy! This place is consistent with cleanliness, friendliness and fun! Never had an issue here. Great buffet too. Senior Frogs ROCKS for a casual place to have some drinks and dance. The pool is a lot of fun too! Definitely an adult pool though. They have a Dj and the pool is like a daytime dance club!

Room Tip: any room is fine!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Orange, California
Reviewed 8 January 2014

While I readily admit that Aria and Wynn (must be Tower) still rule for me where Vegas is concerned my "go to" hotel when doing Vegas on a budget is always the TI. In fact we just returned from a short stay at the TI and we had a wonderful time. Our rooms were upgraded from petite suites to very large suites overlooking the strip and the service was superb. While the TI is clearly a 4 star hotel versus the other 5 star hotels mentioned it is clean and has a perfect location on the strip. It also has a great though very small poker room with super friendly dealers and a good group of local players.

Doddsy

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank steve d
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I am a frequent visitor to Vegas for both work and play. More often than not I have stayed at the Venetian, Pallazzo, Wynn and once before at TI. I'll keep it brief....do not stay here. With so many other options this is not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc..choice ever.

Upon checkin we were "upgraded" to a room right up against the elevators. When I asked to be moved I was informed over the phone that this was a complimentary upgrade and there were not any other rooms available. To be fair, I went to the front desk later to complain and was given the option of moving to another room but at that point we had already unpacked.

Vegas is pricey....we spend a fortune on food alcohol and gambling, to feel like I'm staying in a glorified motel 6 at these rates it ridiculous. And the level of customer service is about the same. Here on out I will only stay at the places listed above.

TI, you blew it.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Stacyawilkinson
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My 3rd trip to Vegas, and I decided it was time to try Treasure Island. It's located in the perfect spot on the strip, and walking distance to Fashion Show Mall. It's nice inside, yes it looks older, but I think it's part of the appeal.

I was offered a room above the Siren's Ship, and asked if the noise would bother me, it wasn't a big deal, I was never back in my room before 11 anyway, and it was a nice view to wake up to! My room was nice, clean for the most part, I did find safety pins sticking out of my headboard though?

I tried the buffet on my last day there, it wasn't too pricey, but the food was just mediocre in my opinion. I also ate breakfast at The Coffee Shop one day, again, the food was just mediocre, kind of a 'you get what you pay for'. I went to Pizzeria Francesco's my first night, I just wanted something easy to bring back to my room, it was good, and quick.

The staff at the front desk were very nice, and helpful. I was even allowed to have a later checkout (by an hour) because I had a tattoo appointment the morning of check out.

There's a shop at the top of the escalators called Bijoux Terner, everything is $10!!

All in all it was a good place to stay, and I probably would again... decent prices, and great location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Nikita_Grai86
Johannesburg
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This was our first trip to Vegas, and we sure wasnt dissappointed. We decided to stay in treasure island because of the way the hotel and rooms looked on the internet and off the price. The hotel and rooms looked exactly like in the pictures, very spacious, nice finishes, nice hotel. We were very happy. Lots to do in the hotel. Walking distance to all the other big hotels. Enjoyed Senior Frogs, vieby and slick pub with good food. Overall will definitely stay again in TI.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up above the 2oth floor facing the strip. From your room, you can see the volc...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple