“Lots of fun” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #74 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Fulton, New York
“Lots of fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

It was my first trip to Las Vegas. I would stay at TI again. The room was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Restaurants were good. Enjoyed the pool and the beautiful weather. My only complaint would be the smell of cigarette smoke going through the casino.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karen A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,709)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed at TI from 3/23/14 - 3/28/14, with my husband of nearly 25 years.

We arrived super early, 9:30 AM PST. With a down grade from a full strip view king room, to a partial strip view room king, we could check in.

Getting to your room is super easy. Unlike some resorts on the strip, you do not need a map to get to your room. The TI has only 2 banks of elevators, each clearly stating what floors they service. Both banks are side by side.

Our standard room was extremely clean, and of a size that did not feel cramped for the two of us. A HUGE + was the mini fridge in the closet, it was NOT a honor bar, but one you could use as you choose!!! Above the fridge was the safe, sized for a medium laptop. Lastly was the internet access, it is easy to log on and the speed was better than I expected.

The pool and Spa, I cannot comment on because, I did not partake in either

The Buffet is another thing, I will comment on.
The Sunday brunch buffet.................................

WOW what an unremarkable, mediocre, waste of my money.
No carving stations, poor presentation, uninspired.......you get the idea

for buffets try
Caesars
Paris
Bellagio
Wynn

While TI has its issues, it is a free standing hotel
which means you are should be rates better here than other places

2 Thank drfarmlong
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We just got back from our weekend stay in Las Vegas. Our first night we wanted to stay on the strip, and we picked TI. The location was perfect, the room rate was affordable, and beds were amazing. We were upgraded to a suite which was such a nice surprise. My only complaint... the smoking. Which I know is everywhere in Vegas... but I am a non smoker and walking through the hotel with all that smoke was annoying. Staff was great, rooms were clean, views were awesome. I couldn't ask for much more!

2 Thank megib
Platte City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

First off, I had an awesome time in Vegas. Didn't win money (who does?), but it was still a blast. I never spent much time in the hotel room in Vegas, its only for sleeping anyways, right? How hard can it be to mess up those 2-5 hours per night? I'd have been better off not sleeping than staying at TI...

Nothing like waiting in line 30 minutes to check in because they only have 2 people working the front desk, great start! Typical of the real cheap places, but whatever. Then, more bad news: out of non-smoking rooms. No way, no chance for anything else. I tried begging, crying, and bribing, nothing worked. The room absolutely reeked of smoke. The whole floor was hazy (okay, thats going a bit far, but you get my point.) The views from the rooms weren't awful, but who spends their day looking out at the view? Look, everywhere in Vegas reeks like smoke, so my one refuge every time I go is the hotel. Here, I get out of the shower and somehow smell even more like smoke! ARGH! (like an angry pirate?)

We tried calling back the next day and I was honestly laughed at asking for a new room. I pulled up their website on my phone and I could book a non-smoking room right then, so they weren't even out! Argh again! What did I do wrong to deserve this smoky karma?!

The cleaning folks did a spectacular job of not giving us more soap and shampoo and forgetting to empty the trash, and before you jump on me, I left a decent tip after the first night. They probably ran out of shampoo like they ran out of non-smoking rooms...

After the second night, I went down to the desk to beg yet again for something non-smoking. Please, let me have one night of decent, non smoke filled passed out bliss. Tried escalating up the chain, and whoever the front desk manager was very condescending about the whole thing, while of course refusing to help in any way. Customer service isn't hard! Be nice while you are lying to my face at least, is that seriously too much to ask?

The location of TI is about perfect. Within .5 miles of the highest and lowest end casinos on the strip.

I will say that the bed was at least comfy (or I really needed sleep...). It was like being gently swaddled by a slightly lumpy, chain-smoking cloud. The room was decent otherwise, though I swear they picked the most slippery tile for the bathroom.

I paid a little more expecting better service here versus the true budget strip hotels, obviously I was wrong. This place is a dump. I'm also apparently an idiot for not paying to request a non-smoking room (though read the fine print, its not actually guaranteed, you just get refunded if they don't have it.)

Oh, and $20+ bucks a night per room for resort fee is annoying. Its expected, but the gym was a piece of trash (and also smelled like smoke...ever try running in that?), the wifi was slow, and the pool was fairly pathetic.

Ranting over, TI was a weak excuse for a hotel, with lousy customer service. However, if you are a fan of chain smoking or just don't mind the smell everywhere, for a budget hotel in a perfect location, this isn't the worst choice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank thepaul500
canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed for five days in mid March, and we were so impressed with our petite suite. We booked through a travel site and we got such a good deal. When we saw our room, we knew we were just so lucky. Beautiful room, with two bathrooms, fridge, safe, sitting area , small bar area, and the best king bed...with luxurious bedding and oh so comfortable mattress. The hotel was so easy to navigate, perfect location for us, on the strip and close to everything. The buffet was excellent food as was the other restaurants on site. We were also impressed with bar service on the casino floor plus they must have had a very good ventilation system, as the smell of smoke was minimal. We noticed the pool was small but quite nice. Lots of other ammenities on site to browse and we so enjoyed the train to the Mirage, to get us closer to that end of the strip. So convenient. Wifi was included in our resort fee , we did call on our arrival to say we couldn't seem to get plugged into it. A tech was up to fix . Great service. Great stay, excellent service. We will return . Cheers to Treasure Island.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank go2beaches
Tacoma, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Long lines. No pirate show. Room wasn't cleaned even though we requested it. Ran out of clean towels. $100 pool fee added to our bill - we didn't even use the pool. It was almost impossible to find a waitress the whole time we were gambling.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank scott m
TIvegas, Director of Sales at Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
For the benefit of others reading this review, please note the hotel does not charge a fee for using the pool. The reviewer is most likely referring to the resort fee ($25+tax per day) which includes in-room WiFi, access to the fitness center, 2-for-1 dining vouchers, and other services. The hotel also offers a TV Ad special with optional resort fee. There are no additional fees to use the pool for any hotel guest.
McHenry, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed here for spring break the last full week of March 2014. The room we had was a petite suite and it had 2 full bathrooms, one with shower and one with spa tub. King Bed was really soft and comfy. Had dinner at Gilley's one night, pretty good. Saw CDS Mystere and it was really done well, those performers work hard! Great Show!. Good location on the strip, plenty of restaurants and close to the very large Fashion show Mall. We would stay again!

Room Tip: Petite Suite has 2 Bathrooms