“Not as impressed this visit”

Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino
Ranked #72 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Glendora, California
“Not as impressed this visit”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I visit Vegas anywhere from 2 to 4 times per year. We almost always stay at TI, do to the location, prices, and dependability. Unfortunately, we were disappointed over our 4th of July visit. Upon entering our room, there was an immediate smell-wet carpet most likely, nevertheless, not a nice smell. While unpacking, we noticed there was trash in the drawers, dust all over the furniture/remote, food particles on the carpet and more trash pieces in corners of the room. We called the front desk and asked for our room to be changed, we were told that there were absolutely no rooms left. Someone came to vacuum the room/straighten up, really wish this would have been done to begin with, we were ready to go to bed and felt inconvenienced by a necessary 1130 pm cleaning.
The next day we asked to be moved, we were and were overall pleased. The room was much cleaner, although some trash under the curtains, and our view was better up on the 35th floor.
In general, we were disappointed with our visit because we did not feel we should have to ask for our room to be cleaned when it should have been in the first place.
We will stay somewhere else from now on...

Room Tip: Higher floors generally have a better view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Grey M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,807)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I got a great deal on this hotel and it was one of the few I hadn't previously ever stayed at. It was close enough to the center of the strip for us. Check in was smooth and we were pleasantly surprised upon entering our room. Everything felt modern and up to date and was very clean. We didn't end up spending a ton of time in our room (after all, who really does?) but we had a fantastic 4 day stay and absolutely no complaints from us! If you find a deal on this hotel, snag it, it will be worth it!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Visited June 22-26 for a family vacation... Upon check in ( at about midnight with a 10 year old and an 8 year old) they informed me they no longer had rooms with two queen beds as I had reserved, but they quickly apologized and offered to send a roll away bed and change my room the next day. This was a bit inconvenient since I had to be present and they would only guarantee my new room from 11- 2 pm so we had to pause our planned activities and sight seeing to back to change rooms. Overall the hotel staff was nice. They gave me free buffets for the four of us for our inconvenience. I paid about 300 dollars which included 2 free grade b tickets to mystere, which was an awesome deal despite the beginning inconvenience. P.s. Awesome valet service

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anna F
LECLAIRE
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Iowa best friend met California best friend in Las Vegas for five days. Upon arrival our first stop was to the Bell Desk where we rented two scooters for the trip. I have a broken hip, and my friend has some balance problems, so we were hoping the scooters would not limit us to just the casino/hotel where we were staying.

Our room was on the 18th floor and had a million dollar view of the Strip. Everything was clean and fresh and when we went down to the pool, we discovered they have a "lift" (a chair you can sit on that gently puts you in the pool). First time in a year I'd been in a pool, and it was heaven! The kids working the pool area were incredibly helpful and sweet.

At night, watch out for those two crazy old girls scootin' down the sidewalks to Caesars, the Venetian, Monte Carlo, you name it. It wasn't too crowded, and we weren't in any all-fired hurry. Saw the Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil at Mandalay Bay, and ate steaks at the Hard Rock while watching a great singer.

Everything about this trip was fabulous. Treasure Island is a treasure, with exemplary employees and top notch rooms. We couldn't have asked for more.

Room Tip: We were above the pool with a spectacular view of the strip. Don't know north from south (sorry...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Vancouver, Canada

1. There is an odor around the hotel soon you walk in the guest room area
2. The buffet service is BAD, such as the salad bar station and the food is not taste at all .
3. Strongly to suggest the Hotel management team to experience their hotel buffet and compare other hotel buffet in Vegas

Room Tip: Please do not waste the time to this hotel to eat
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here for a week with two other couples. It was all of our first trip to Vegas. I loved TI for many reasons. One, it is in the perfect location, it is NOT center strip but it is so close. I liked the fact it was a little walk to center strip because our casino wasn't insanely busy. Each time we visited a casino center strip it was SO busy.
The rooms were a great size, large. The bathroom was large and clean. The bathroom vanity was HUGE which was great for all my makeup.
My favourite part about the rooms were the blackout curtains. We basically "napped" all week. A couple hours throughout the day and a couple hours throughout the night. So the blackout curtains definitely helped those naps during the day.
The pool is super nice, the pool staff very attentive.
The casino is fun!
The price is GREAT. If I were to go back on a budget, I would stay here again...if I were to go back with unlimited funds, I would stay across the street at the Palazzo.
But most likely, TI will be our hotel on our next trip to vegas!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
naples, fl
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We planned a trip with Globus for our family of nine to see some of the national parks. The trip started and ended in Las Vegas and we booked three more nights at the end of the trip. I was concerned about this property having read some of the comments, however we were pleasantly surprised. I checked out some other hotels but they were too pricey so we continued our stay here.

First of all I have to qualify my remarks by stating that I've only been to Vegas 3 or 4 times and not a big fan.... not my vibe and we're not big gamblers nor care for all the crowds. That being said the rooms were great...quite large, clean and nice size bathrooms. They were pretty accommodating in getting us rooms together and providing a wheel chair when Karen fractured a bone in her foot. I would say just about all the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.
However, the place was crowded with families and young people who dressed like they were either coming or going to the gym. I was surprised by how expensive everything was....not like the old days when they gave away the food and drink to attract gamblers. A big thing there now are "pool parties" where disc jockeys are blaring music starting about noon until late at nite. Be sure not to get a room near any pool!

TI is pretty centrally located so we could walk to some of the other resorts, restaurants and shows. I think this is a moderately priced resort for Vegas and worth looking into if you plan on visiting there

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family