“Beware the hidden extras”

Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino
Ranked #72 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Nottingham UK
“Beware the hidden extras”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Booked online for one night at a great price of $50 + tax a fantastic price. Due to travel arrangement problems we had to stay an extra THREE nights, cool I thought another $150 + tax I am happy with that. I went to the front desk to explain our change in plans and was charged SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS. I could understand if it was the weekend but it was mid week, I could understand it if Elvis was fighting Muhammad Ali during the three nights, but nothing out of the ordinary. I don't think on our next visit to the US we will be staying at the TI. Such a shame as we have had nothing but positive experiences before.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank o99y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,807)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gillette, Wyoming
Reviewed 22 July 2014

TI's locations was at a perfect location on the strip. With an inexpensive bus system in place, you can go just about anywhere on the strip. And yo can connect outside of the strip if need be. The Fashion Show Mall is just next door if you want to get out of the rush of the tourist and casino life. From the 14th floor facing Las Vegas Blvd. still had a good view of the strip and beyond. Of course, the room was excellent. Never was a gambler so if you can get past the tourist and enjoy The Buffet, The Coffee Shop, Gillies' and all the other shops and eateries in the hotel. You make it what you can. TI has a lot to offer and if that's not enough. Head out and enjoy the town and the other casinos/hotels. There is a lot to do if you have the time.

Room Tip: The Las Vegas Blvd. side is scenic. May have a ambulance or two and day, so higher maybe better. Jus...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ed_corvettez06
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at The Treasure Island Hotel for one week. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Security guards were even by the elevators and you had to show your room card to get on. Although I did find it was very sporatic times that they were there (maybe there was a reason). The room was very clean and the hotel itself (hallways, etc) was always kept spotless. We do not gamble so I cannot comment on the casino area. Several different restaurants on site and also one theatre where we saw the amazing cirque de soliel show Mystere. Very centrally located on the strip. Very easy to walk and see a lot of things. A short cab ride to the airport or the hotel also offers airport shuttle service . I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jen G
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our wedding, the front desk staff upgraded us to a corner room with great views up and down the strip. Also on our wedding day we were given a bottle of champagne. We used Gillys restaurant a few times to eat and drink, fabulous. Cannot fault this hotel and probably the best I have visited in Vegas in my 15 times there, will certainly look to go back next year. Well done!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Adrian C
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband had to go to Vegas for a business trip so I decided to tag along. I knew I wanted to be on the strip, so when he went to work I had plenty to do. It definitely served that purpose. Each day was always a new adventure. I never knew what casino I felt like going in that day and there were plenty to pick from. The rooms were very comfortable. Our favorite place to visit each night was the mojito bar. For only $6 you could get a mojito of your choice. We attended a few entertainment shows at the TI but we were a little disappointed in both. I would stay again....very good for the value.

• Stayed July 2014
Mexico City
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have a family celebration and my mother wanted to come back to this hotel after many years (good ol' days good things). As a regular to this city, this is my first and last time in this hotel. Reason? With the exception of Ophelia @ the front desk (big hoorrah for her) the attitude of the personnel is terrible!! Hard data: starting with the folks at their phone reservation office (don't waste your time if you are not English native speaker), The TI Buffet's food is good, waiter apologized because he had a +50 Group (note that I was denied to setup a 14 pax table for a celebration dinner), @ the cafeteria a waiter refused to help because "it was no his table", guest services @ 6:03pm didn't want to give me a parcel 'cause they close @6pm.... Any more cases? I have more.... Room is ok, clean and promptly serviced every day (lets recognize a good job). For me its a bye bye TI, I've been treated better at other places in Vegas. Ah! To finish with, my mom's cellphone was stolen @ the casino, it seems that Security is here to: ask for your key at the elevators, ask for the kids don't dare to cross the dangerous limit to the casino, etc etc

Room Tip: Ask for a high level room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The location of Treasure Island is excellent, walking distance to Fashion Show mall is definitely a plus! The half price tickets shop (at the Fashion Show mall) is also nearby, so if you want to see a show in Las Vegas.

Our room was at the 33rd floor (I think), and the views were fantastic! I highly recommend this place for those who want to have a great location during their visit in Vegas. Also, it's close to Wynn and Encore.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends