“Great location and lovely 'small' hotel (by Vegas standards!)”

Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino
Ranked #76 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I've stayed in a few of the hotels on The Strip but for the last few years we have stuck with TI. There are far more glamorous and upmarket hotels in Vegas but the price, location and hotel size means that this is now our hotel of choice.

The BEST thing about this hotel is it's size. It's a small hotel in comparison to the other Strip hotels which means that you can get in out of it quickly and can easily find each other in the Casino (unlike the MGM where you need GPS and it takes 20 mins to get from your room to The Strip!)

The pool area is also small, but I like it. The pool is nice but is definitely not for swimming in! Grab yourself a big drink and then stand/pose/dance in it! The people watching at the weekends is fabulous!

As with all Vegas hotels the rooms are large and you generally get a good view at TI due to how the hotel is constructed. The beds haven't been the comfiest during our last couple of stays, but when we complained about the mattress during our most recent stay it was changed immediately.

I've only been to the buffet once (complimentary tickets) and I wouldn't recommend it. Gilleys is ok for food and the drink offers are good. It would benefit from having a food court but it's not like there isn't enough choice within walking distance.

Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vanessa C
Write a ReviewReviews (14,444)

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

On check-in they upgraded is to a view room. Check-in line was short. Rooms are modern, neat and always clean. Staff is friendly. Pool is nice, with good seating and DJ rocks. Stays open late. The servers could be a little more attentive but overall always a good choice and close to everything.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The price was quit OK, we jumped on a deal month before, too big, too much gambling, parking too far... but hey this is Las Vegas. The room was clean and fine, the food was too expensive if you could not use your vouchers, but the Cirque du Soleil is great to go and visit. Seams to be a secure place and for us perfectly located at the northern end of the strip. Too bad that the Pirate boat attraction was permanently shut down apparently.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with south view on the strip, this is really amazing
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We have stayed at two different places on the strip so we chose TI this time. The first night we were there the smell of pot in our room was overwhelming. I complained to the front desk and asked to be moved and they didn't have any rooms available but said they would send up security and we could move the next day. Security arrived just as I was going back and I think they were about 80. They said they couldn't smell it and I invited them into our room so they could smell it and they declined. We didn't change rooms the next day as I thought they would speak to the occupants but when we came back the next night we could smell it again, they hadn't spoken to them. We will chose a different, newer hotel for our next visit.

Room Tip: If you are choosing a older hotel to stay at this is a good one.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Brenda321123
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Located next to Mirage and close to Ceasar's and Venetian as well as other attractions on the strip. The line for check in was very long at 9pm with only 3 officers performing check in.
Typical las vegas hotel with casino and restaurants and bars on site. The buffet was good but not fantastic and the food at Gilleys was good enough. Señor Frogs has bikini competition on Thursdays that is supposed to start at 10:30 but actually started at midnight. The music was good and it was free drinks for $25 so the time passed quickly...
Rooms are clean and view of the strip is great if you can get a room with strip view. Housekeeping was friendly and prompt even at 2am if needed.
Great hotel on the strip.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Me and my boyfriend went to Las Vegas October 2013 to see George Lopez at the Mirage. This was the best experience! I usually don't like to spend in the hundreds for a room (who does?) but this trip was for a special occasion. I had got the George Lopez tickets for my boyfriend as a surprise and then staying at Treasure Island was like a second surprise. I knew my boyfriend would be drinking so staying right next door to The Mirage was a big plus for us!!
Its beautiful!! Our view of the strip was awesome!! Of course pricey but it's worth it!! We loved it! The bed was hug and it was so comfy!! Our two-night stay was around $400. But again worth it!
I haven't been to Las Vegas since 1995 and since I don't drink I didn't expect it to be much fun for me. But the shopping and sights make it fun for anyone!!
The pirate show in front of the hotel was awesome! I love the fact that they have little bars set up outside the ship.
The casino treated us well :) We basically won back what we spent on our room.
We'll be sure to plan a trip back and I would really love to stay at Treasure Island again but I might spend myself thin and try another hotel.
I LOVE TREASURE ISLAND :) :) :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Caught on that housekeeping turns on alternating alarm clocks at around 8am in the morning to wake you so you get up and out of your room. Edges and corners of rooms on 31st flr pretty gross like they've never been vacuumed. Quality of food at Buffet is subpar and I wouldn't go again if it were free! I have stayed at 50+ hotels in my 35 yrs...and only leave reviews when the $ spent at a hotel aren't worth it and Treasure Island is one of the few.

• Stayed: August 2014